HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Hello from KS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SageFromKS

Registration date : 2012-09-19

PostSubject: Hello from KS   Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:50 pm

Hello All,

New to the pipe smoking scene and found your forum. My buddies like to have a cigar every now and then but I wanted to do something different, so here I am.

I recently found an estate pipe online off of a website called etsy.com. I looked over the how to clean your pipe instructions and did ream the pipe a little bit but the stem isn't that fouled (I can see a lot of light looking up it)but I was wondering if I made out ok.

It is a Sir Sheldon brand of genuine briar.

Also looking for some tips on how to get started. My grandfather used to smoke a pipe and they are some of my earliest memories of him. What would be a good starter's kit to go put together: filters, tobacco, tools etc. Any information you feel like passing down is much appreciated.

Sage
Back to top Go down
View user profile
friar_jay

Registration date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello from KS   Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:35 pm

Howdy! In the short time I've been here I've found this to be a great group to be connected with. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time amongst the brotherhood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Hello from KS   Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:53 pm

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy getting started and enjoy your time here

"T"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello from KS   Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:59 am

Welcome SageFromKS, I hope you enjoy your time spent here - and there's certainly a lot we learn from each other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello from KS   Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:35 pm

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from KS   Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:13 pm

Welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello from KS   Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:42 pm

Welcome. Just use the search option or read the posts on pipe smoking techniques (or what ever that section is called?) and you'll find all sorts of advice. But remember, we're all different (some of us are really, really different!) so try the suggestions and stay with what works for you.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boulder

Registration date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from KS   Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:03 pm

Hello and Welcome to the BoB forum. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
calipuffer

Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello from KS   Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:31 am

SageFromKS wrote:
I recently found an estate pipe online off of a website called etsy.com. I looked over the how to clean your pipe instructions and did ream the pipe a little bit but the stem isn't that fouled (I can see a lot of light looking up it)but I was wondering if I made out ok.

Also looking for some tips on how to get started. My grandfather used to smoke a pipe and they are some of my earliest memories of him. What would be a good starter's kit to go put together: filters, tobacco, tools etc. Any information you feel like passing down is much appreciated.

Sage, you will find a lot of great information here and on YouTube about packing methods, cleaning, and types of tobacco. A great way to get going is offered by www.pipesandcigars.com, they have starter "kits" that include everything you need. Another great choice are corn cob pipes (aristocob.com).

Welcome to the forum, please ask whatever is on your mind as we all learn that way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flytyer

Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Hello from KS   Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:54 pm

Welcome to BoB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ejames

Registration date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Hello from KS   Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:33 pm

Welcome to BOB Sage! I'd suggest you pick up a "Czech" pipe tool, Castleford reamer,alcohol--some use high test booze,some 91 or 97% Isopropyl,regular and bristle pipe cleaners,maybe some Halcyon II pipe wax. I'm not familiar with your Sir Sheldon pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ozarksouthpawpipes.com/index.html
Sean68

Registration date : 2012-06-21

PostSubject: Welcome!   Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:39 pm

Top of the morning to you, Sir!

You needs simply browse the several sections of this forum to learn smoking techniques and to read discussions of preferred tobaccos and pipes and such.

And as others have mentioned, everybody is different. Although I am not sure what Natch is getting at. Laughing

Enjoy your time here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
srfulton

Registration date : 2012-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from KS   Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:04 pm

I am a Kansas native to but have left for warmer weather here in florida. Welcome to BOB
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hello from KS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Welcome Wagon-
Jump to: