HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Fundraiser for Zack

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser for Zack   Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:39 am

Things have been pretty messed up here for me Kyle and I have failed to keep track of things with you and Zach, as you know, cash is a vile hater of me and it keeps itself damn well hidden from me. I know the pipe I sent you was small fries as compared to the wonderful generosity shown right here, but it was as much as I could stretch to, I truly hope some more good hearted folk will come forward and help you guys out, you're a wonderful person and deserve better in your life, BIG TIME Brotherly love going out to you and Zach. I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser for Zack   Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:59 am

Kirk, the thoughts (and occasional random briar/bacca gifts) were what kept me, personally, going. I had a lot on my shoulders that's only recently starting to fall off (just in time to shore up the lines in my head to keep me sane through Consumeristmas)...

...don't you worry yourself, Brother. That pipe is a welcome, welcome gift. Considering PAD and TAD are many miles from me at this point, I almost feel bad about having a slice of cake for myself when I stretch my own limits to make sure I keep things on the level around my household. That is, until I smoke and appreciate the kindness that's been shown to me, and that's when I realize I'm alright, the Universe has given me a break, and my Brothers here are appreciated with every puff. Smile

It's my hope everyone here can lean on the network of good folks here in their time of need. Whether it's a few coins to help with a mountain of financial trouble, a few prayers to ease a bad stretch of luck, or an outlet to just come and talk it out if needed.

It's all good here. Smile

Thanks, Kirk

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser for Zack   Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:21 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
That is, until I smoke and appreciate the kindness that's been shown to me, and that's when I realize I'm alright, the Universe has given me a break, and my Brothers here are appreciated with every puff.

Ok, so tell me - how's the Smoker's Pride?
Ready to review it yet?

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser for Zack   Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:12 am

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Thanks, Kirk

No need for that my friend, you know my feelings mate, if I can do something to help a friend it is done without a second thought, I can't do money stuff, you know me mate, terminally skint, but when I have something someone falls in love with, well, you know the routine. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser for Zack   Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:50 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:

Ok, so tell me - how's the Smoker's Pride?
Ready to review it yet?

Laughing

Gosh, I still haven't tried it. What am I waiting for? Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser for Zack   Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:46 am

This is it, the last 24 hour countdown (off by a few hours, I know...) of the fundraiser for Zack. Thank you again, all of ya. I'm kind of glad it's coming to a close, honestly. With Z healing up almost normal (just the last...erm...leg...of physical therapy and future planning), and--just before the end of the world! How convenient is that?

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser for Zack   Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Some anonymous donor just shot Zack and I 500 clams on the fundraiser. I'm beside myself. Especially since we're fighting off Renown with sticks and excuses right now. Laughing Holy effing hell. Whoever you are, infinite humble thanks. I gotta go tell Zack. Smile

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser for Zack   Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:28 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Some anonymous donor just shot Zack and I 500 clams on the fundraiser. I'm beside myself. Especially since we're fighting off Renown with sticks and excuses right now. Laughing Holy effing hell. Whoever you are, infinite humble thanks. I gotta go tell Zack. Smile

Cool

That is amazing Kyle, who ever did that, you have the heart of a saint, so kind and sweet, the day I've had mate, I needed to see something good to come from today, this just about does it for me, I am so pleased for you my friend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser for Zack   Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:32 pm

Live vicariously, Kirk, by all means. Sometimes it's the realizing that there's good out there that is excellent fuel to keep going, honestly.

I want to BE that person that can do things like this, so I have something to look forward to. Smile Inspiring shyte.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser for Zack   Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:33 pm

That was an EPIC act of kindness! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser for Zack   Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:38 pm

I already wrote a closing diatribe on the GiveForward page, so if you were a donor (and thank you, again) you probably received it via email, but you can go to the page and read it under the tab "Updates." www.giveforward.com/get

Our total was $2,775 (-$40 for the site's fees, etc)...no small pick'ns. I'm damn pleased.

Thanks, Brothers.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser for Zack   Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Wow...$500 out of nowhere? That's absolutely fantastic.

I'm happy to hear you were able to raise a good amount to put towards the bills, but happier to hear that Zach's coming along as well as he is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser for Zack   Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:10 pm

Whatever sh*tstorm we summoned this year has bounced back in a serious way. Positive thinking, determination and the prayers and kindness of others should never be questioned--something I had to see a bit more clearly, for sure. It's been a rough ride, but the dawn is certainly breaking. Thank goodness.

I hope it only gets better. I'm sick of being in the dregs. Once it was a source of stubborn pride, but growing up is tough to do. At...uh...34... scratch *sigh*

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser for Zack   Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:25 am

Love and best wishes to both yourself and Zach, may your days be happier, may your stomachs always be comforted with life giving nourishment and may the water you drink always taste sweet. I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser for Zack   Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:01 pm

...thanks Kirk--fortunately I have enough tobacco leaf to compliment it all, thanks to the Brothers. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser for Zack   Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:12 pm

Wow, I missed quite the ending to this! I'm glad the fund raising went well, and I hope we hear more about how Zach improves
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Fundraiser for Zack   Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:31 pm

We'll see how he feels after thinking he was okay enough to back to work and school come mid January. I'm gonna have a tired one on my hands, and he won't have the excuse to shirk off chores like when he was broken. Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Fundraiser for Zack
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4