HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:22 pm

I like a good mystery, and so, Gumshoe Weiss, now self-proclaimed Samuel Spade of the BoB, in good respect with 221B Baker Street, is breaking out the magnifying glass.

As some of you know, we have a serial bomber among our fine community. This isn't any ordinary bomber. For the sake of the victims, I have taken it upon myself to, as long as this continues (or as long as it takes), to get to the bottom of this case.

What is interesting, though, is I believe this bomber is having a great time realizing the obfuscation techniques being employed have been crafty...quite crafty. So much so, I think at this point, the bomber might want to get caught--this is a game! I'll touch on this in a moment.

I, one of the first victims, received two tobaccos, one suspiciously noted that our own Brother Rob would partake in. Rob was immediately fingered (*snerk*) in the ordeal. Rob, though, swears his innocence, and his alibi is plausible--his new job likely isn't funding a trick such as this. As Rob has been cited as a "person of interest," I fully expect him to cooperate or be the only solid tie-in and lead I have thus far. A witty game, Mr. In_Mo, for you may be the target of retaliation... unless this is what you want, perhaps?

No, I trust this is more complicated than that. Rob is either perhaps being framed, or he's somehow involved.

The other speculation I have developed there is the possibility of a "bombing ruse" out there as well...I theorize at least one bombing is a fake. That's right, a fake! It comes at to much a coincidence with a conversation I recently had to coerce me into rabble-rousing, one which I wanted no part of...followed by hints to possibly root out activity of suspects...suddenly by this (cue dramatic music):

Now, why on earth would yet another thing, especially a cheeky one as this, end up in my possession? There you see, Rob's classic catch phrase for yours truly. The person that did send this (I mean, it isn't Rob, right?) made a grave error, however (or was witty enough to know better): JR Cigars has Smoker's Pride available, and probably didn't understand its significance. While I took this wretched thing outside to my porch, where it shall forever freshen the air from afar, it goes to stand we might have a small bombing ring of individuals, working closely, attacking the innocent citizens of BoB!

So, Anonymous, if that is your real name, I invite you to take the next step forward: Create a new account, perhaps with the name...oh... "Anonymous," or "A-Bomber," something we can identify you by--perhaps for some to thank, perhaps a platform for you to gloat. Or simply... to make this tale more telling. At this point, anyone could be a suspect. Even me.

Any clues or leads, please PM the Office of Kyle Weiss, care of BoB. Your name will be kept confidential.

Do you have the mettle, Anonymous? Or shall you continue your days in the shadows, your title and deeds perhaps forever dimming as you tire of this? If not for infamy, then for what? Why not make the game more... interesting? You've called me out. Here I am. Cool

Part dinner theater, part mystery novel, part clue... WHO DUNNIT?

*fade to black*

(Tune in next time...what a great idea for a BoB bombing game, by the way--for those not...militarily-inclined...Very Happy )

Cool

Last edited by Kyle Weiss on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:43 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
I like a good mystery, and so, Gumshoe Weiss, now self-proclaimed Samuel Spade of the BoB, in good respect with 221B Baker Street, is breaking out the magnifying glass.

As some of you know, we have a serial bomber among our fine community. This isn't any ordinary bomber. For the sake of the victims, I have taken it upon myself to, as long as this continues (or as long as it takes), to get to the bottom of this case.

What is interesting, though, is I believe this bomber is having a great time realizing the obfuscation techniques being employed have been crafty...quite crafty. So much so, I think at this point, the bomber might want to get caught--this is a game! I'll touch on this in a moment.

I, one of the first victims, received two tobaccos, one suspiciously noted that our own Brother Rob would partake in. Rob was immediately fingered (*snerk*) in the ordeal. Rob, though, swears his innocence, and his alibi is plausible--his new job likely isn't funding a trick such as this. As Rob has been cited as a "person of interest," I fully expect him to cooperate or be the only solid tie-in and lead I have thus far. A witty game, Mr. In_Mo, for you may be the target of retaliation... unless this is what you want, perhaps?

No, I trust this is more complicated than that. Rob is either perhaps being framed, or he's somehow involved.

The other speculation I have developed there is the possibility of a "bombing ruse" out there as well...I theorize at least one bombing is a fake. That's right, a fake! It comes at to much a coincidence with a conversation I recently had to coerce me into rabble-rousing, one which I wanted no part of...followed by hints to possibly root out activity of suspects...suddenly by this (cue dramatic music):

Now, why on earth would yet another thing, especially a cheeky one as this, end up in my possession? There you see, Rob's classic catch phrase for yours truly. The person that did send this (I mean, it isn't Rob, right?) made a grave error, however (or was witty enough to know better): JR Cigars has Smoker's Pride available, and probably didn't understand its significance. While I took this wretched thing outside to my porch, where it shall forever freshen the air from afar, it goes to stand we might have a small bombing ring of individuals, working closely, attacking the innocent citizens of BoB!

So, Anonymous, if that is your real name, I invite you to take the next step forward: Create a new account, perhaps with the name...oh... "Anonymous," or "A-Bomber," something we can identify you by--perhaps for some to thank, perhaps a platform for you to gloat. Or simply... to make this tale more telling. At this point, anyone could be a suspect. Even me.

Any clues or leads, please PM the Office of Kyle Weiss, care of BoB. Your name will be kept confidential.

Do you have the mettle, Anonymous? Or shall you continue your days in the shadows, your title and deeds perhaps forever dimming as you tire of this? If not for infamy, then for what? Why not make the game more... interesting? You've called me out. Here I am. Cool

Part dinner theater, part mystery novel, part clue... WHO DUNNIT?

*fade to black*

(Tune in next time...what a great idea for a BoB bombing game, by the way--for those not...militarily-inclined...Very Happy )

One observation Kyle-

Your challenge for the mystery bomber to create a new screen name in an effort to taunt and otherwise wind up all and sundry would be under the scrutiny of the mods/admin who have the ability to cross reference ip's against registered posters. They could easily identify the perp in that fashion, even if he/she is using proxy servers. I know this from my mod duties elsewhere. It's standard operating procedure on the software.

No, I can't imagine the anonymous bomber doing this as he/she would then expose themselves. So in that respect I think you're barking up the wrong tree.

As for me-

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:56 pm

This is all so exciting! I can't wait to see what happens next!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:16 pm

Only one problem there, Brewdude.

As you've been a mod at other sites, then you have to know that a new IP Address is a 5-minute workaround. Even less time if the person has done it before. That's the problem with IP Tracking in the forum software. You can be banned from a forum and then be registered as a new user in less than 10-minutes - only takes a few to create a new email address.

Yes - it seems there is an impostor afoot. Bad move, Cupcake! Mad

Kyle - you now have the Empire's full support in discovering the Sniper's identity as well as apprehending this criminal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:25 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
Only one problem there, Brewdude.

As you've been a mod at other sites, then you have to know that a new IP Address is a 5-minute workaround. Even less time if the person has done it before. That's the problem with IP Tracking in the forum software. You can be banned from a forum and then be registered as a new user in less than 10-minutes - only takes a few to create a new email address.

Yes - it seems there is an impostor afoot. Bad move, Cupcake! Mad

Kyle - you now have the Empire's full support in discovering the Sniper's identity as well as apprehending this criminal.

True, but in my experience the offender is caught out virtually 100%. Sooner or later the ip's will match. Depends on how much they post. Caught a few miscreants this way.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:46 am

Wow, that deflated my idea pretty quickly. Laughing I had considered IP identification, but I also considered the mods in no way helping me... (I mean, what do they do otherwise? lol! Kidding of course...)

I was hoping for a fun game of wits and cat'n'mouse.

Eh, piss on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:59 am

This has been soooo much fun to sit back and watch. I got a little lost between all the threads, but I have finally caught up.

Kyle, sir, I wish you the best in your hunt....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:18 am

Nah, no hunt for me. The Internet kind of ruins stuff like this. Sometimes I have fancy dreams of fun for the sake of it rather than constant reminder that reality exists in all forms always--there's no way to do this without "cheating." Probably would cause fights or something stupid too. Damn you, Internet. Sorry, all. That one got past the thought-to-type filter system.

Back to books and some imagination. That return seems to be happening a lot lately. Thank goodness. Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:42 am

I for one hope you fail miserably.

Here we have a good guy enjoying the heck out of bombing other members anonymously. Will the fun continue if you unmask him? I doubt it. His fun is in being masked. Tear it off and the bombing will likely stop. So then, just like Holmes, your aim is to end his nefarious activities. Then, no one else will enjoy the fun, or the bombs.

Me? I'm rooting for the bomber.

Founding BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
BoB Bombers Squadron Reserve CoCommander reactivated. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:26 am

Read the whole thread, BH. Your bomber is safe--it was a half-cocked idea of fun.

Won't happen again, boss.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:55 am

(...although the confidence and worry made me think I had a chance...) (...nah...but then again...what if he only posted in cafes, and open wi-fi spots...or traveling..."think like your target"...) Cool

*serious Internet face is serious* Impossible, impossible.

Back to regularly scheduled programming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
221Anonymous

Registration date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:17 am

The Shadow Knows
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:05 am

OMG

Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:35 am

Now that dear friend.is funny!

A violation of one of the plethora of sticky stuck somewhere so no one shall read them and know when they are in violation of said unread stuck stickers but a violation none the less.

In other words.. The Watchers watch even the Shadow.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
221Anonymous

Registration date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:52 am

[quote="puros_bran"]Now that dear friend.is funny!

A violation of one of the plethora of sticky stuck somewhere so no one shall read them and know when they are in violation of said unread stuck stickers but a violation none the less.

In other words.. The Watchers watch even the Shadow.

[/quote]

Justice to The Shadow you say? Watching The Shadow you say? Tune in next week as The Shadow leaves helpless citizens alone and in chaos while the injustice of tyranny sweeps over BoB nation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:36 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:19 pm

A Reign of Terror! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:39 pm

I might be one humble citizen, but it seems my calling has been made.

Plus, BH was being an old, wet saddle blanket, so I already like The Shadow for announcing his madness and intent to the public.

HEAR THIS:

Citizens of BoB...Anonymous has spoken! He has a name! It is... THE SHADOW! (I'm just repeating myself with dramatic effect, because, well shoot...that's just what they did back then in detective novels and movies, alright?) Laughing

As much as The Shadow will probably be gathering minions, loyal followers and the protection of Mods/Admins of BoB...I will try my best to be your hero! Clues, ideas and observations can be discussed via PM, at any time! Your information will be kept secret, unless you otherwise want to partner up with such an endeavor, along side me. The purpose? To bring this insidious being to justice, and to pay him back in kind what BoB society owes him!

With that in mind, some stupid-simple rules: "The Shadow" is probably not allowed to partner up with me, although the plot twist would be mind-blowing. Admins/Mods are NOT allowed to divulge any information to anyone regarding IPs or obvious information. The Shadow can do as he wishes, but fun clues along the way might be entertaining--I'll leave that up to you. IF the The Shadow is caught, and I do say "if," he must name a successor. Villains need family, too! It must be someone willing to take on random bombing, even if they don't want to play along...one thing BH was right about, I'd not want the spirit of random bombing to be...diffused...by us having some fun.

IF captured, The Shadow's name will NOT be announced, but a trial will be had, and his fate will be decided by a Tribunal of arbitrators here on BoB, of which can be randomly or specifically selected (I, cannot be one, for I am not impartial). Upon "sentencing," the villain will meet his end! But until that point, anything can happen! Hide yourselves, citizens! THE SHADOW IS AT LARGE!

(This is not an organized event. It's just a fun way to pass time for everyone. ANYTHING can happen! That's where the fun comes in!)

Cool

Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:56 pm

THIS IS MADNESS!!!!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:57 pm

Excellent!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:10 pm

One thing The Shadow cannot hide from is the time... most of his posts this morning were being shown at 3:00AM my time...which means, he's likely doing this in the Eastern time zone...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:46 pm

Kyle -

Out of the closet #2. You're certifiable! (One of your most endearing qualities.)

Q: Who made you judge and jury?

A: Get a grip Man! The Shadow has outsmarted you from the get go and will continue to do so! There will be no capture, no trial and no sentencing. He's a figment of his own imagination. As is your rise to the position of power you think you hold. I, for one, stand with The Shadow. May his reign be long and glorious.

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:51 pm

BH, as English being your second language, I understand where you might have confused my role in this... Laughing I kid.

They're suggestions, silly boy. No one's taking your spot. Have a sugar cube. *extends flattened hand* I can put together any number of willing citizens and make this happen! I'm a simple investigator, nothing more, nothing less. There's room for all sorts of games on this playground. Smile Part of me roots for The Shadow too...else why even pursue this? It can only mean a good time for all of us, by my reckon.

...unless...you're The Shadow, BH...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:   Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:55 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Rolling Eyes

*jots "BH" in suspect column* Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN! :shock:
View previous topic View next topic Back to top