HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Well, my stupid knee is shot...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Well, my stupid knee is shot...   Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:35 pm

Sorry to hear about the knee Jack. I hope for a speedy recovery for you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tech2576

Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Well, my stupid knee is shot...   Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:36 pm

Simple Man wrote:
Thanks, Tech. And congrats on that new pipe from the contest! cheers

Thanks!Hard to believe even a day later.

Not sure what part of GA you're in, but if you get around ATL. sometime let me know. Maybe we can smoke a bowl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Well, my stupid knee is shot...   Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:44 pm

tech2576 wrote:
Simple Man wrote:
Thanks, Tech. And congrats on that new pipe from the contest! cheers

Thanks!Hard to believe even a day later.

Not sure what part of GA you're in, but if you get around ATL. sometime let me know. Maybe we can smoke a bowl.

I go down to ATL quite a bit. I live right off of I75 about 45 miles north. Let me get this knee thing worked out and we'll hit a shop or two. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tech2576

Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Well, my stupid knee is shot...   Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:46 pm

Looking forward to it!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Well, my stupid knee is shot...   Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:54 pm

Sorry about your knee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Anthonyx2b

Registration date : 2012-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Well, my stupid knee is shot...   Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:03 pm

I have troubles with my knees aswell. not enough cartilage. They like to pop out and its the worst pain. I hope you recover quick and minimal pain!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Anthonyx2b@gmail.com
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Well, my stupid knee is shot...   Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:40 pm

Well, I feel like crap tonight. I don't think it's knee related, more than likely just lack of sleep. Anyway, I went and saw the Orthopedic doctor today. I was pleasantly surprised to see that he was a team physician for Wake Forest before coming to this practice.

The x-ray shows that I have a small amount of cartilage on the outside of my knee and almost none on the inside of my knee. He told me that the majority of doctors would look at it and schedule knee replacement surgery. He said he however would prefer to put off knee replacement surgery until it becomes the last resort. He said the surgery lasts 15 to 20 years and he wants his patients to only have to have it done one time in their lives and that I was too young to have to get it yet if we can put it off a bit longer. "Too young?" How long does this guy think I'm going to live? Laughing

I kid... I hope to have several more years, there is a lot about this life that I still want to enjoy.

Anyway, his treatment for me right know is this... today he gave me a knee full of cortisone, I go back in 8 weeks and get a knee full of some other kind of lubricant stuff. I'm supposed to start taking glucosamine (sp), (does this stuff really do anything????)

And they prescribed some $800 knee brace that I'm supposed to wear whenever I'm working or doing anything active. He said we'll see how these things do and if it gets to where the pain is too much or the injections don't help long enough then he'll do the surgery... or shoot me like a horse, whichever I prefer. Laughing

I gotta say, I'm not supposed to be walking without the crutches tonight, but I DID just walk to the kitchen to get a bottle of water without them and it felt better already, so??? Hope it works for a while.

For all of you who have been praying for me, thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boulder&Briar

Registration date : 2012-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Well, my stupid knee is shot...   Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:00 pm

Glad to hear at least you're feeling a little better and that they have a plan for you. Hope you get what ever it is that'll keep you pain free and able to do what you need to do brother. Keep on keepin on is my motto! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.boulderandbriar.com
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Well, my stupid knee is shot...   Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Thanks, B&B.

This is kind of how I'm feelin' tonight...

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
friar_jay

Registration date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Well, my stupid knee is shot...   Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:34 pm

You're in my prayers brother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Well, my stupid knee is shot...   Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:51 pm

Evolutionarily, we're still about a million years from being true upright bipeds, so the fact that we can get away with what we do on our hind haunches is pretty amazing.

But then, living in Arkansas, we tend to think evolution is overrated! Laughing

Glad your knee is mending.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Well, my stupid knee is shot...   Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:51 pm

How we are now, generally speaking, somehow I think a mere million years is going to have a lot more changes in store for our evolution than the goal of "truly upright." Laughing I do, however, think the optimism is awesome.

Simple Man, we ain't gonna "Old Yeller" you behind the woodshed quite yet. cheers

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Well, my stupid knee is shot...   Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:44 am

Kyle Weiss wrote:

Simple Man, we ain't gonna "Old Yeller" you behind the woodshed quite yet. cheers

Cool

Why (*sniff)..........did you have to (*sniff)..........mention Old Yeller! (*uncontrollable sobbing) Crying or Very sad

Otherwise good news about the knee - I'm glad you are getting some relief. With any luck you can postpone the replacement surgery for several years.

I hope the knee continues to improve.

Fraternally

Jers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steveaux

Registration date : 2012-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Well, my stupid knee is shot...   Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:50 pm

Heal-up fast, Brother.

My friends and I have adopted a saying; "Gettin' old sucks .... but it beats hell outta the alternative."

Get well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Well, my stupid knee is shot...   Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:54 pm

Steveaux wrote:
Heal-up fast, Brother.

My friends and I have adopted a saying; "Gettin' old sucks .... but it beats hell outta the alternative."

Get well.

'Tis true, that. Very Happy

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Well, my stupid knee is shot...   Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:56 pm

This reminds me of a Brian Regan routine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Well, my stupid knee is shot...   Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:00 pm

gravel wrote:
This reminds me of a Brian Regan routine.

That's great! lol!

And yes, that's pretty much the way it is... you just learn to live with it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarMyFriend

Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Well, my stupid knee is shot...   Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:36 am

Good Luck recovering Simple Man!
Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sand18f

Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Well, my stupid knee is shot...   Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:21 am

Simple Man wrote:
...kaput, kablooie... it's a goner. It went out on me for the hundredth time, only this time, I'm sure she ain't goin' back in. At least not without another stupid surgery. My knee first blew out in high school baseball, then in a motorcycle wreck, then finally in law enforcement. I've had a couple of arthroscopic surgeries, but this time it's going to take knee replacement.

My wife wants me to go to the hospital, but I know there is nothing they can do tonight, so I'm waiting to see my own doc in the morning and then he can send me through the steps... for me, it never pays to do things without jumping through the insurance loops.

I'm not overly concerned about this other than getting back to work. That's the problem with being self-employed, when you ain't working you ain't gettin' paid. So pray for a super quick recovery for me... I'll update this after I see the doc in the morning.

Simple Man, I would be glad to pray for you to have a quick recovery of both knees, because one has to compensate for the other. Some basic first though...as one might expect "The words of a righteous man avails much. There's several types of prayer and since God himself told us in Mark 11:23 That whatsoever we asked in pray, beleiving and not doubting in our heart, He would do for us.So pray asking for forgivness of our sins, That he was a prompt to do it giver. He tells us that we should remind Him of His word to us. Not that He may forget but, because we shouldn't. That is a prayer of faith. Jesus paid the price for the healing, prosperity and spiritual death. But. we have to do the battle for it. In James He says, "Brethern above all I would'st that ye may prosper and be in healt even as thy soul prospers. Jesus said. "ye have not because you ask not."
In 1John10:10, The Lord said, "Satan comes but to kill, Steal and destroy but, I have come that you may have life and have it to the full." So make your petitions know to the Lord and we will thank him for healing your knees.
I had my back broke in a fall and was instantainously heald. Prasie God.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Well, my stupid knee is shot...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2