HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

I've been hit - Anonymous strikes again?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: I've been hit - Anonymous strikes again?   Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:02 pm

I lay low. I don't make waves. I don't think I've done anything to piss anyone off. Yeah, ok, so maybe I drop a bomb every month or send out some samples every now and again, but I don't cause a ruckus. Apparently, that's not enough to keep me under the radar.

Apparently, yesterday was my day to run afoul of the mystery bomber. I was so unprepared, that I dropped the box on the kitchen table without looking at the label assuming it was for my wife (the tobacco order from smokingpipes already arrived...surely this wouldn't be for me!). Last night, she opened "her" box, also not bothering to look at the label. From my seat in the living room, I hear her say, "I thought you said you only placed one order of tobacco...do I need to take away your credit cards?"

Fearing for my financial independence, I assured her that it had to be some mistake, and that the dealer had surely duplicated my shipment by mistake. "I'll call 'em first thing in the morning to sort this out and send it back," I promised (and by "send it back" I mean find a stealthy way to pay them for the second order and hide the new shipment from prying eyes).

"No...no, this isn't the same as the last order. The last one had those red tins wrapped together, one canister that was way to big, and some other stuff. And when did you start ordering pipe cleaners? Get your lazy a** in here and look at this!"

That was it. I knew. I knew as soon as she said pipe cleaners that I'd been hit. Sure enough, the box was from JB. It contained the usual two tins of tobacco (in my case, 965 and FVF), and a bag of pipe cleaners. "It's a bomb, hon. Back away. Back away and pretend you never saw it. Also, start packing...our cover is blown and we probably have to move." She was less afraid than I was, and far less amused. I'm still not sure she's convinced that I haven't found a covert way to purchase tobacco online.

Damn you, Anonymous. Damn you, and thank you.

Last edited by idbowman on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: I've been hit - Anonymous strikes again?   Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:11 pm

That is pretty darned clever. I may have to try it. Order a bunch of stuff for yourself, including the pipe cleaners, and when the little lady starts to get in a huff, blame the Shadow!!! How wonderfully clever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: I've been hit - Anonymous strikes again?   Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:43 pm

Now that was funny! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: I've been hit - Anonymous strikes again?   Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:20 pm

Photos?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: I've been hit - Anonymous strikes again?   Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:16 pm

gravel wrote:
Photos?

But of course...I made the first post from work today, just now getting home to upload.

Surely you'll all notice something unusual. No - not the toaster, he lives here. Where is the "Enjoy BoB Brother" card? Did I forget to put it in the picture? Is it hiding behind the toaster? No...in fact, no card arrived. Suspicious, to be sure...but two tins and a pack of cleaners from JR, surely this is the work of "Anonymous."

Or maybe not? As I see it, there are three possible explanations:

1. This the same Anonymous "Shadow" who has decided to, inexplicably, alter his m.o.
2. This is an (or another?) imposter, copycatting the original.
3. It could be neither of the above...it is not beyond the realm of possibilities that JR goofed and forgot to include the card.

Personally, I doubt the first one to be the case...there's no real reason for it. I also doubt the second, as the "Enjoy" card is such a prominent hallmark that even the greenest imposter would be sure not to miss it. The third also seems a bit unlikely when considered unto itself, but relative to the other possibilities, I suspect that this may be the most likely scenario.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
221Anonymous

Registration date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: I've been hit - Anonymous strikes again?   Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:01 pm

The clerk that sealed the parcel has already met the sharp sword of lady Justice.
The Shadow knows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: I've been hit - Anonymous strikes again?   Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Who would have known The Shadow drove an older Cadillac Coupe?

I'm on to you, Shadow.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anthonyx2b

Registration date : 2012-09-25

PostSubject: Re: I've been hit - Anonymous strikes again?   Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:46 pm

Buckshot wrote:
That is pretty darned clever. I may have to try it. Order a bunch of stuff for yourself, including the pipe cleaners, and when the little lady starts to get in a huff, blame the Shadow!!! How wonderfully clever.

I got quite the laugh out of that! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Anthonyx2b@gmail.com

I've been hit - Anonymous strikes again?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1