HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What Are Your Drinking Right Now

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:01 pm

Young's Double Chocolate Stout! cheers cheers

Fraternally

Jers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beetlejazz

Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:51 pm

Jers wrote:
DrumsAndBeer wrote:
beetlejazz wrote:

Oh, I wouldn't dare to cross paths with the Fairy when there's work to do next day Laughing

I had a touch last night. I feel a-okay this morning, rather productive actually. Very Happy

I hope you still have two ears! lol!

Fraternally

Jers

LOL! Laughing

I'm drinking the same old Rhum Pecoul again, while drawing this year's Christmas card design Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
beetlejazz

Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:08 pm

A hot rum toddy. And judging from the day I've had (surprises in the library on the field of anatomy - I never knew a penis could talk, but I surely could observe a couple of continuously babbling dicks), this won't be the last one. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WaydeG

Registration date : 2011-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:30 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Just got home from work, been a long week. Having a dram of Finlaggin, a peated single malt that is said to come from the Lagavulin distillery. It might, there is a similarity, and the stuff is quite good. In fact, at $18 a bottle it's damned good Smile

I'm gonna have to try this.
Last night my best buddy and I sat outside and downed a major percentage of a bottle of Dewar's Signature. I know, I know... blended. But it's REALLY good and it was on sale.

Tonight I picked up a sampler (3-50ml bottles) of The Balvenie - a DoubleWood 12, a Single Barrel 15 and the Portwood 21. Time to sit back and enjoy with my little Rattray volcano and some stashed Penzance. If the Finlaggin is even reasonably good, $18 is a steal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:00 am

My last bottle of 5 year old North Coast Brewing Co's Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout. This beer ages beautifully.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asmoke

Registration date : 2011-11-04

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:36 am

Blue moon while honing my straight razor....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.andrewstaplespipes.com
DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:28 pm

2012 Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. I always look forward to this beer's return each year, this one as well as Bigfoot and their Ruthless Rye. The brewery is less that 100 miles from here and the beer is always extremely fresh. Ken Grossman does really good things there regardless of the sheer volume of beer they produce.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Kindy chilly outside so I decided I wanted a stein full of my seasonal Gluhwein. How many of you brothers and sisters like this stuff? I think it's great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:59 pm

I am drinking water, waiting for work to finish, and then I am hitting the scotch

rev
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revspipes.com
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:23 pm

Tons of coffee, me.

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lowflyingpenguin

Location : The Wilds of Canada (from Iroquois for 'the village')
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:56 pm

Guinness , it's good for you!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
soylentgreen

Registration date : 2012-03-06

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:45 am

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:21 pm

soylentgreen wrote:
Tea. Earl Grey. Hot!

Same here!
Finlaggin, last night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
osci

Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Drinking a glass of Primitivo red wine while smoking half Toscano classico cigar.
Not a nice match indeed, this cigar deserves something smoother and there are too many tannins here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/saverio.pastore
DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:32 am

Jefferson's Presidential 18 Year Old bourbon, courtesy of my brother-in-law. Amazing stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:19 am

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Jefferson's Presidential 18 Year Old bourbon, courtesy of my brother-in-law. Amazing stuff.

I'm glad to hear that, I just bought a bottle for my buddy (we hang out of New Years). I tried like hell to get a bottle of Pappy but that wasn't going to happen. The internets told me this was the next best thing that was readily available.

Myself, I am drinking coffee - black, just about done with the first pot and need to put on another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:43 pm

Dave_In_Philly wrote:
I'm glad to hear that, I just bought a bottle for my buddy (we hang out of New Years). I tried like hell to get a bottle of Pappy but that wasn't going to happen. The internets told me this was the next best thing that was readily available.

Myself, I am drinking coffee - black, just about done with the first pot and need to put on another.

Very good stuff Dave. It's one of the fruiter tasting bourbons that I have tried. Perhaps that is due to the wheat addition in the mash. It drinks exceptionally smooth neat, even at the good ol' 47% mark. I read somewhere that it's from the same distillery as the Van Winkle stuff.

I haven't had the Pappy. I keep my eyes peeled for it when I hit the store, but I have yet to come across a bottle. I recently tried Colonel E. H. Taylor. It's a very nice barrel proof sipping bourbon. Distilled by Buffalo Trace I believe.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:42 pm

New years eve pre-game, a cup of Twining's Earl Grey Classic, bowl of McClelland Oriental 14 in a Stanwell Nanna S3, and a touch of Aberlour 12 that I've been saving.

New years eve will be scrabble, hot dogs and cookies with the kids, accompanied by whatever is left of this bottle of Aberlour. Will be in bed long before the clock strikes 12, but we might make the Times Square ball on television at 9, thanks to the time difference. Cool

Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:10 pm

Dave_In_Philly wrote:
DrumsAndBeer wrote:

I was able to snag a 20 y.o. Pappy here in Sherwood Park of all places, a couple of months ago.

I did a side by side of Jefferson's Reserve and Old Rip Van Winkle 10 y.o. a while ago, and I must say that Jefferson's Reserve held it's own. I haven't come across Jefferson's Presidential 18, but when I do, I'll snag it Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:34 am

Ardbeg 10.
I'm always surprised at how pale this single malt is.
And also how tasty it is...
By the color, it just doesn't seem like it should have so much flavor.
I'm not complaining.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:47 am

Harlock999 wrote:
Ardbeg 10.
I'm not complaining.

My favorite peated Islay (though I haven't yet tried them all...). Just edges out Lagavulin simply because I enjoy it's bold character and raucous nature a little more than I do Lagavulin's grace and balance. It's an entertaining dram.

Presently sipping a touch of cheap brandy, trying to fall back asleep. A relentless headcold has left me drinkless and smokeless for 3 days, and after konking out at 6:30 from the cold meds I find myself wide awake at 1:30 in the morning Mad

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:25 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Harlock999 wrote:
Ardbeg 10.
I'm not complaining.

My favorite peated Islay (though I haven't yet tried them all...). Just edges out Lagavulin simply because I enjoy it's bold character and raucous nature a little more than I do Lagavulin's grace and balance. It's an entertaining dram.

Presently sipping a touch of cheap brandy, trying to fall back asleep. A relentless headcold has left me drinkless and smokeless for 3 days, and after konking out at 6:30 from the cold meds I find myself wide awake at 1:30 in the morning Mad

Hope you're feeling better!
Funny that at my local liquor store, a place where you can get everything from Everclear to $799 bottles of Scotch, Ardbeg and Laphraoig are now equal in price.
I guess I had gotten a little used to Laphraoig's lower price point...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:19 pm

Last spring Trader Joes was selling Laphroaig for $31, now it's $40. Best price I'd found recently on Ardbeg was $54 at total wine, I don't recall seeing it lower than that this year anywhere near here. Trader Joes is pretty consistent with rotating one nice single malt on sale at a time. Recently it's been Old Pultney at $27, which is very good whisky at a really good price.

Cold meds are kickin in, feelin a little bit better. House full of kids, these things are guaranteed to happen.

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:08 pm

Down here, the two Islays are competing at $49.00...
Blame that Reno trip for the cold.
Who knows what germs they cultivate over there... Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Drinking Right Now   Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:46 pm

Kyle knows, he prolly found out I was coming and set a trap of bacteria that would flourish down here on the balmy valley floor. Villain! Mad

I was cruising the wall of scotch at Total Wine a couple days before Christmas, they had a 40 year old Macallan for $2900.00. Shocked

What Are Your Drinking Right Now
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next