HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

So I spent my first night in the ER as a parent

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: So I spent my first night in the ER as a parent   Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:11 pm

Great news Dave. I'm happy to hear your little man is doing better. Nothing worse than see your child sick, hurt or in pain!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: So I spent my first night in the ER as a parent   Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:10 pm

Glad to hear it turned out ok Dave, it sounds like that was a pretty heart-in-mouth experience. Like the guys have said it looks like you took the right steps, your kids a lucky guy to have you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: So I spent my first night in the ER as a parent   Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:17 pm

So in case anyone was concerend, he was quite content by the end of the night:

And, no, he had not learned his lesson:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: So I spent my first night in the ER as a parent   Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:50 pm

Glad he is doing ok! I know I hate that feeling when I have to take kids to the ER. All of mine are teenagers now but when they were little I aged a lot. Let's hope you don't have to go through that again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://geoffcorey.github.io
LIPIPE

Location : Setauket,Long Island and upstate Granville, New York
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: So I spent my first night in the ER as a parent   Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:31 am

We've all lived through baby fall experiences. It's part of learning to stand. In our case, when our seven month old son fell and hit his head hard on our kitchen floor he was really hurting badly and unable to stop crying because of the pain. Instinctively our cocker spaniel came over to him and started licking his head. It was an unbelievable experience to watch and all was well thereafter. That was son #1 in 1980. Son #3 in 1990 fell in the bathroom after a tub bath and smashed his chin on the toilet bowl rim. That event prompted an ER visit and sutures by a plastic surgeon. Growing up's tough but we all get through it. Glad your son's recovered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cadfael

Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: So I spent my first night in the ER as a parent   Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:14 pm

Wait til football! You and the ER will become good friends Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asmoke

Registration date : 2011-11-04

PostSubject: Re: So I spent my first night in the ER as a parent   Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:42 am

Glad to know you guys are ok. Little kids are made of rubber (our 4th is made of some unknown substance, more durable than rubber).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.andrewstaplespipes.com
Steveaux

Registration date : 2012-09-03

PostSubject: Re: So I spent my first night in the ER as a parent   Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:34 am

asmoke wrote:
Glad to know you guys are ok. Little kids are made of rubber (our 4th is made of some unknown substance, more durable than rubber).

Unobtainia Elasticum

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

So I spent my first night in the ER as a parent
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2