HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.   Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:02 pm

So my wife and I went to vote before leaving for work this morning. My wife was carrying the baby in a carrier (hanging in front of her, facing her). As she went to step off of the curb into the cross walk she stepped on some uneven pavement and rolled her ankle badly and fell forward. She was easily able to protect the baby but couldn't really brace herself. It could have been much worse, but in the end, she did a number on her right ankle. Turns out its a moderate sprain with a bone fragment (technically a fracture, but not really all that serious). So she's in an air cast for the next few weeks.

I take the train because I work in Center City, but she has a parking lot at work so she takes the baby to and from daycare, but now she can't drive. To top it all off we have 20 friends coming from all over (mostly old friends from New York) for a pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday. So my live is about to get rather hectic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.   Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:11 pm

prayers and well wishes for you and yours brother. That is not fun. But you know what they say, "whatever doesn't kill us only makes us angry and bitter" Smile

rev
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revspipes.com
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.   Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:17 pm

Aaaaack! Sad This kind of story is all-too familiar. Hope she's okay!

Stay centered, Dave. You'll be alright...hopefully your guests will understand if some adaptations are to be had.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

PostSubject: Re: Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.   Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:20 pm

papa johns Smile

rev
Back to top Go down
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.   Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:34 pm

Everybody likes delivery Chinese Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.   Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:53 pm

Dave, I'm sorry to hear about her ankle, but glad to hear it was nothing worse. I 2nd the Papa John's idea.

Take care. Hopefully healing comes soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://GrowleyPipes.com
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.   Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:57 pm

My wife did a similar thing in our house when our youngest was a baby. She got up from a chair and her foot somehow got tangled in a bouncy chair. Down she went with the baby in her arms.

Her loving husband looks at her and says' "Nice save!"

She broke a bone in her foot....

I still hear about the "nice save" comment on occasion. In retrospect maybe I should have said something else. Laughing

I hope your wife has a speedy recovery and am very glad it was not worse!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.   Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:15 pm

Dave_In_Philly wrote:

I take the train because I work in Center City, but she has a parking lot at work so she takes the baby to and from daycare, but now she can't drive. To top it all off we have 20 friends coming from all over (mostly old friends from New York) for a pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday. So my live is about to get rather hectic.

Best thought to your wife. As for dinner, that's what take-out was invented for Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Dave_In_Philly

PostSubject: Re: Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.   Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:48 pm

Just in case the tone of my first post didn't aptly convey it, this is more comical than depressing.

Well it was, until I just found out that my wife just asked my sister-in-law (unemployed and currently living with my mother-in-law in NY) to come down and stay with us help her get ready for this weekend. Now I have reason to be depressed. I expect your sympathy.

Monbla - We can't have Chinese on Thanksgiving, then what would we have for Christmas?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

PostSubject: Re: Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.   Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:56 pm

nah dude, this is golden. Sisters want sister time...

which equals smoke time for you, win win

rev
Back to top Go down
Steveaux

Registration date : 2012-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.   Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:09 pm

Hope she heals up quickly, Dave.

Given the current trend in your family, maybe you should consider ...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.   Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:09 pm

Dude, the bubble wrap suit is for you guys!!

You both might just have a lot of accumulated fatigue which accompanies a newborn. I remember I was clumsy as hell during that time here. I managed to drop and break two pipes around then. The only two I've ever damaged!! Maybe it's just coincidence. Who knows. Better safe than sorry with the Michelin suit. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.   Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:30 pm

Awful news, man. They say it comes in threes, and since you're kiddo and your wife have already made their trips to the ER, I might seriously consider Steveaux's suggestion!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.   Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Sorry to hear about that... I hope she heals fast!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.   Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:00 pm

I lecommend the loast duck! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.   Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:02 pm

Deck the harrs with bourghs of horry... Fa ra ra ra ra ra ra ra ra.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.   Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:17 pm

this post took a twist making me nostalgic for Kaplan sharing a cob!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.   Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:43 am

Hope she has a quick recover brother. Denny's is over for Thanksgiving right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boulder&Briar

Registration date : 2012-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.   Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:36 am

Man what is up with all of the brothers and the injuries with them or family and friends? Seems like every other day someone is getting hurt, loosing a job, or just having some difficult times. Praying for a speedy recovery brother, and also for all of the other brothers out there experiencing difficult times. I try to find the good in everything, and fortunately there is a lot more good here with all the brothers and I foresee better times ahead for all of us my friends. I've just got that feeling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.boulderandbriar.com
Dave_In_Philly

PostSubject: Re: Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.   Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:50 am

Boulder&Briar wrote:
Man what is up with all of the brothers and the injuries with them or family and friends? Seems like every other day someone is getting hurt, loosing a job, or just having some difficult times. Praying for a speedy recovery brother, and also for all of the other brothers out there experiencing difficult times. I try to find the good in everything, and fortunately there is a lot more good here with all the brothers and I foresee better times ahead for all of us my friends. I've just got that feeling.

I think in most cases, particularly in my case, these are the bumps and bruises of everyday life. BoB just provides us with an outlet to blow of a bit of steam - or as my dad would say - it's a place to kvetch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.   Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:45 pm

Boulder&Briar wrote:
I foresee better times ahead for all of us my friends. I've just got that feeling.

Couldn't agree more. I wish I could SAY more, but I can't.

I have something pretty cool work-wise happening. I can probably say next week. Smile

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Did my civic duty - second trip to the ER.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1