HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

devil anse pipe?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ragged claws

Number of posts: 95
Tobacco: McClellands 5100, Black Woods Flake. Squadron Leader. Dunbar, 1-Q
Pipe: Savinelli, Todd Harris, Tsuge, and MM cobs
Registration date: 2012-11-03

PostSubject: devil anse pipe?   Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:57 pm

I've seen a couple of Devil Anse pipes made by members here. Although those offerings are quite beautiful, I'm wondering if this style of pipe is being made by a commercial pipe maker. I'd like to get one but don't want to spend a lot of money on a custom made pipe since I'm not sure if I would enjoy smoking such a small and unusual pipe.

Kim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joemelon

Number of posts: 179
Tobacco: McClelland 5100, Orlik Golden Sliced, Peter Stokkebye Proper English, Hearth and Home Namaste
Registration date: 2012-09-28

PostSubject: Re: devil anse pipe?   Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:51 pm

Not exactly the same as the Devil Anse pipe but I'd keep a lookout for nosewarmers on eBay, especially if you're okay with estate pipes. I picked up these guys and love them:

One's a Kriswill and the other is a Ropp and they both smoke great, haven't seen any others this small from these brands but I know nosewarmers pop up on eBay fairly often. Savinelli also makes a Sport line and Peterson an Outdoor line that are of approximately the same size, here's one of the Peterson's:

My nosewarmers were around $15-30, both the Peterson and Savinelli's I've seen in those lines are under $100. I don't know if that's in the price range you're looking or if you're looking for a complete match for the nosewarmer Devil Anse was smoking, either way I hope this helps. Nosewarmers are really great and that Devil Anse pipe really made the character for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Number of posts: 1535
Registration date: 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: devil anse pipe?   Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:33 am

ragged claws wrote:

I've seen a couple of Devil Anse pipes made by members here. Although those offerings are quite beautiful, I'm wondering if this style of pipe is being made by a commercial pipe maker. I'd like to get one but don't want to spend a lot of money on a custom made pipe since I'm not sure if I would enjoy smoking such a small and unusual pipe.

Kim

While they probably don't count as a commercial pipe maker, Boswells makes quite a few. The last time they were posted on their for sale page, there was a note saying that they had more at the shop and to call in. I think they may have made the Devil Anse a regular item.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ragged claws

Number of posts: 95
Tobacco: McClellands 5100, Black Woods Flake. Squadron Leader. Dunbar, 1-Q
Pipe: Savinelli, Todd Harris, Tsuge, and MM cobs
Registration date: 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: devil anse pipe?   Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:23 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. I've decided to have Todd (taharris) make me a Devil Anse. I saw some of his work on his website and it was beautiful. His price for the Devil Anse is certainly reasonable and having a custom made pipe will be a real treat.

Kim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joemelon

Number of posts: 179
Tobacco: McClelland 5100, Orlik Golden Sliced, Peter Stokkebye Proper English, Hearth and Home Namaste
Registration date: 2012-09-28

PostSubject: Re: devil anse pipe?   Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:19 pm

That's going to be one special pipe! I saw the picture of Taharris's Devil Anse pipe and it looks solid, love the forward cant. Plus a bonus of small pipes is they are great out and about pipes, probably why Devil Anse was always smoking it while out and about in the show. I hope you post pictures of it once it arrives. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Number of posts: 1535
Registration date: 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: devil anse pipe?   Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:30 am

Good choice brother, I have one of Todd's pipes and its fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawker

Number of posts: 847
Tobacco: Boswell's:Penn Dutch Treat,Xmas Cookie, Berry Cobbler,Raspberry Cream,Cherry Smash, Spice & Nice, No Bite Delite.
4 Noggin's Lord Methley's,McClellands 3 Cherry Blend, Peterson Conn Choice, P&W Rum Cake & Ocasional Frog Morton Blends.

Pipe: Boswell,Peterson,Polinski,Savinelli,Astley,Stanwell,MM Cobs,Tinsky,Florian,Fillar,Moretti,Briar Spirit,ND Pipes

Registration date: 2012-05-15

PostSubject: Re: devil anse pipe?   Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:04 am

I have a Brebbia Lord that i picked up at the local B&M for around 40-50 bucks. Very similar in style that smokes well for a small pipe.

Just read posts to the end. Forget the Brebbia you'll be much happier with one of Todds pipes i'm sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

devil anse pipe?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1