HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
melahn52

Registration date : 2011-10-29

PostSubject: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:43 pm

I attended last evening's monthly Pipe Night at our local Reno tobacconist, the Tinder Box. Some attendees, not BoB brothers mind you, went off the rails. One, a hirsute blowhard, had to be reprimanded severely by your correspondent. The other, a 50-something Filipino woman, was completely intoxicated. She hopped from lap to lap, ending up with BoB notable, a certain Kyle Weiss. As I bid them all a good night, Mr Weiss grasped my hand in a death grip, pleading with me not to leave. I left him with my best wishes, as I hurried to my vehicle for a speedy getaway. I'm investigating whether there is photographic testimony to this raucous spectacle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:45 pm

ahahahahaha

kyle

rev
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revspipes.com
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:00 pm

Wow, there is such a thing as Karma!

cheers

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:01 pm

You'll all have to excuse Kevin for a moment...

...Kevin lives in a strange little world, which I still am trying to understand at times. Since he's insisting on taking this here, I'll see if I can piece the evening and some back-story together. Smile

Nary mentioned is the said blowhard managing to hand back Kevin some deserved flack because the blowhard in question is actually a pretty golden-hearted guy. Irritating at times, but a very friendly and devoted fellow. I can't say the same hasn't been said for me at times. Kevin sometimes insists on having hours long rallying cries, obsessed rants involving our poor blowhard friend, and ironically becoming that which he has claimed to "reprimand."

Nary mentioned is the Filipino woman, Ninina, a charming but yes, intoxicated 50-something wife (and arm-candy) of an 82 year old gentleman who frequents the Tinder Box--both great people. Kevin couldn't understand why she kept bothering him...except for me to admit I kept saying that the guy with the funny hat, glasses and man-purse needed to smile more. After about three failed attempts and a nervous Kevin trying to piece together the most succinct way to get rid of the poor gal as he eyeballed her approach, his best was a stammering "...uh...we're having a conversation...thank you..." and turning his back on her. Before she left, she called him a "sour shithead." Laughing

Nary mentioned that as the woman above shook his hand she grasped it and begged him not to leave. Kevin, apparently with an eye lacking detail, had no idea we were all poking quite the amount of fun at his expense, and my final mocking of Ninina's wellwishing him home, I found it odd Kevin was running away from a good time more than me begging to be grabbed from a bad one...

...to each his own, though. I had a fantastic, albeit weird, time at the Tinder Box November 2012 Pipe Party. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:07 pm

I think bringing some credibility to this tale is warranted. Wink

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
melahn52

Registration date : 2011-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:17 pm

As with all Big Lies, Kyle's dyspeptic monologue has some small kernels of truth lodged within it. In his case, perception has indeed become reality, and he believes all of what he wrote is in fact true. As for me, if I wanted to engage in badinage with drunks, I'd go to one of Reno's many public houses. On Pipe Night, I'd prefer, oddly enough, to smoke a pipe and try to engage with my fellow pipe smokers in lively conversation. Apparently Mr Weiss prefers the company of loud, slovenly drunks and dysfunctional monomaniacs. If he, and his churlish friends found me a subject of their childish humor, so be it. Somehow, I'll endure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:18 pm

What happened that night...the world may never really know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:48 pm

What happens in the Tinderbox stays in the Tinderbox. Wink

Sounds like a memorable time was had by all, anyway. Who brought the camera!?

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:56 pm

kaiser83 wrote:
What happened that night...the world may never really know.

I wonder if any disinterested, neutral brothers were also there and so could clarify the events?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
kaiser83

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:58 pm

Disinterested...with Kyle around??? Yeah I don't see that happening. I think every last one of us would have been egging on the drunk lady to have a little more time on his lap, maybe a nibble on the earlobe or something. With cameras at the ready.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Doody

Registration date : 2012-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Apparently after melahn52 left, the evening devolved quickly.

Impressive YouTube skills, Kyle. I haven't seen a video like that get blocked quite so quickly before!

Goats? Seriously?

You people in NV - I dunno about you.

Doody
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:17 pm

As they are want to say around here "... without pics, it didn't happen" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:27 pm

Mr. Doody wrote:
Goats? Seriously?

Dah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ddy!

Video? What Video?

Damn, I guess I missed the video! Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:29 pm

I missed the goats, but I did see the security video of melahn meeting a 50ish woman in a dark ally outside the tinder box. Those windows were awful foggy man...just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:43 pm

If Kyle finds himself strangely drawn to 50 year old married asian women, who am I to judge. Heck, I don't understand everything that turns muah on either! scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:48 pm

This is like a typical "he said/she said" episode. Now we need posts by the hairy guy and the Filipino woman telling their versions of the events. Finally the guy who runs the Tinder Box will come on and tell us what actually happened, and we'll all say "Ahhhh. That's what the goat was doing there!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:34 pm

Why do I now read this thread with Mariachi music playing in my head...it's a goat not a donkey!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:33 pm

Down here in Arkieland, our major reprimand to anyone getting a bit over the top is usually something like: Put your shorts on Jethro, you're scaring the pigs.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bosun1

Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:54 am

Not knowing any of the participants, I still find this hilarious.
The staid college professors, capped and gowned, in their club. Puffing and cogitating and conversing. The underclassmen sneaking a common barnyard animal past the butler. ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:05 am

The bible declared swine unclean...
Goats , I can't remember..
sheep, now that's a clean animal.

Next time follow the bible Kyle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:02 pm

I knew I went wrong someplace. Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:03 pm

Ahh...
Rashomon, set in Reno, with Filipinos...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashomon_effect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:46 pm

Laughing Sir 'Lock: If you're gonna make shit up, might as well include a goat? cheers

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:06 pm

I'm still waiting on the photos!

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle   Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:15 pm

Rod at Tinder Box managed to upload the Facebook photos (for once... Laughing )

Ninina and her husband...she was about one sheet to the wind in this shot... Heh.

Harold (behind the counter, good guy, cool to hang out with), his friend Taylor at left and your humble goatlover looking puzzled by all of the meerschaum that was ordered for the party... Laughing

At right, Fred the Extensive Storyteller smoking the Giant Nording I sold him for $50 (Kevin's proclaimed nemesis--the guy not the pipe...well, probably the pipe, too Laughing ), and a super cool guy whose name I've forgotten at left...

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Pipe Night goes terribly wrong for Kyle
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next