HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

R/C Airplane pilots?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cben

Registration date : 2012-12-23

PostSubject: R/C Airplane pilots?   Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:31 pm

Is there anyone here that flys model planes? I like to travel to other airfields and meet new pilots when I can, Maybe even smoke a bowl to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: R/C Airplane pilots?   Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:01 pm

I've always been interested but never actually flown anything more than micro copters due to cost constraints.. Not that I'm in any danger of starving out but you gotta prioritize.

whatcha got?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: R/C Airplane pilots?   Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:43 pm

cben, this is one model that I have been considering buying. Any thoughts, or suggestions?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cben

Registration date : 2012-12-23

PostSubject: Re: R/C Airplane pilots?   Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:35 pm

That plane looks like a real nice one. Electric planes have come so far in the last couple of years, their clean and pretty much maintenace free compared to gas. I don't know your experience level but I know jets are alot harder to fly than they look and when they crash they crash hard. Do some research on lipo batteries, They can be dangerous if not charged the right way. That being said, That plane would be alot of fun!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: R/C Airplane pilots?   Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:51 am

cben wrote:
That plane looks like a real nice one. Electric planes have come so far in the last couple of years, their clean and pretty much maintenace free compared to gas. I don't know your experience level but I know jets are alot harder to fly than they look and when they crash they crash hard. Do some research on lipo batteries, They can be dangerous if not charged the right way. That being said, That plane would be alot of fun!!!

Thanks for the advice! Yeah, I have watched some of the vids of RC crashes, and have read that an EDF jet is probably not a good choice for a beginner. I guess I will go with a cheaper trainer plane with a high wing that is more stable, and work my way up to the MIG later on.

I grew up across the street from a guy who built the old style balsa construction nitro powered RC planes. It would take him months to build and finally finish one. These newer electric models are instant gratification compared to those old school balsa construction nitro powered planes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smokinbriar

Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: R/C Airplane pilots?   Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:42 pm

We had a model plane club in high school,but that was a long time ago.Thanks for the memories.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

R/C Airplane pilots?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: The Motorway-
Jump to: