HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Any particularly great spots for pipers in Sin City?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr. Doody

Registration date : 2012-04-14

PostSubject: Any particularly great spots for pipers in Sin City?   Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:39 pm

I'm heading out to Las Vegas tomorrow for the week for CES. Any natives or frequent visitors care to share any particular spots I should be sure to hit while there? Anything from great B&Ms to unique baccy blenders to just fine spots to catch a bowl with a view and/or a drink?

TIA!
Doody
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Any particularly great spots for pipers in Sin City?   Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:27 pm

You can message Fishnrust, he lives down there. Yet he gets giddy when he comes to Reno for business trips. I believe there's not much down there, oddly enough, they don't even have a Tinder Box any longer. Had your trip coincided with the WCPS, well, that woulda been keen.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Doody

Registration date : 2012-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Any particularly great spots for pipers in Sin City?   Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:30 pm

wow - really unimpressive. have seen nothing of note. there's a cigar cart in the caesar's forum shops. there's a dumpy spot up the north end of the strip near circus circus. i saw a dunhill store - just clothes of course.

i've spent probably a total of two hours walking around smoking my pipe and have yet to see another human with a pipe.

or as an outsider, did i not get some memo? do all the pipe smokers get arrested here and forced to hand out strip club brochures on street corners? ;-)

doody.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Any particularly great spots for pipers in Sin City?   Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:46 pm

Vegas doesn't have much to offer a pipe smoker. If you are a cigar smoker there are two great spots. Casa Fuente in Ceasers has one of the best selection of Fuente cigars in the world. There is a piano bar in Paris called Napoleans that is cigar friendly (they have a small selection, but you are welcome to bring your own). This is a great place to sit and smoke in peace and if you are into Champagne they have a pretty decent cellar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Any particularly great spots for pipers in Sin City?   Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:54 pm

It's as I've heard. Though I wouldn't mind a good cigar if it's all I had available, Vegas' vibe and facade just ain't my speed. Reno has Tinder Box, and I remind the folks there how lucky they truly are...hell, even a two hour drive I have Tobacco Road in Sacto... very lucky indeed.

Vegas revolves around edgy ultra-new, and taking a gamble. Things a year old are stale, and it's unlike any other town in the world. I talk sh*t about Vegas all the time for good measure. I keep hoping California will annex all of Clark County into Los Angeles and just make it one suburban compound.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Any particularly great spots for pipers in Sin City?   Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:58 am

Well, I just got back from Vegas and didn't see a single pipe there. So, I decided to go look for a cigar store within walking distance of the Rivera, where I was staying. I was headed out to a place called "The Cigar Co.", but Google Maps took me to "Don Pablo's" cigars instead...go figure. I figured I'd give it a try.

It's a small place with a small humidor filled only with their cigars. They make them right there! I can't tell you how pleasurable of a time I had there. Matthew (a former grammy nominated opera singer) helped me pick out my cigar and was wonderful to talk with. The owner (forget his name) was also there, and he conversationally answered all my questions about where he got his tobacco, how they were rolled, what the glue was made out of, how long you have to press them, how many days it took a new cigar to be ready, how many cigars Jose could roll in a day (Jose didn't speak English) and on and on.

I got to smoke my cigar that Jose rolled, while watching him roll others. The cigar itself was wonderful. The owner had mentioned that they don't put any additives in them, they're just tobacco leaves. It lit well, burned well and smoked great! I'll definitely stop back in next time I'm in Vegas.

Here are a few pics:

Jose, rolling like a pro. (He's been rolling cigars for 30 years and is from the Dominican Republic)

Filler Leaves:

Presses:

Finished Bundle: (I think he rolled all of these while I was there)

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://GrowleyPipes.com

Any particularly great spots for pipers in Sin City?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1