HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:02 pm

they pay me to be irate..
I just normally stay out of BH's threads due to respect for.. well.. Just cause .. whatever.. pee on yall! I'm out!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fishfuzz

Registration date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:06 pm

puros_bran wrote:
they pay me to be irate..
I just normally stay out of BH's threads due to respect for.. well.. Just cause .. whatever.. pee on yall! I'm out!!!

Hahah <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:25 pm

And a warm welcome to the new pilots also from me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:48 pm

"Tawdry" yes, that's what I thought I had written. Thanks. I'm the world's worst keyboarder, or whatever they're calling it these days.

re: PeeBee's peeing all over the place...dang! Depending on the direction of the wind, it's getting harder and harder to keep the campfire going! And do pay careful attention and scrape any tainted marshmallows off your stick. No one wants a yellow s'more! Unless that is one could include it in some sort of burning yellow marshmallow bomb - for the target! Hmmmm.

What with all the hijinks I'm sure the new boys will feel right at home in no time. I just hate to give them the impression that we're not a stalwart and serious bunch. Well, they'll see we mean business when the target is crushed under the load of flaming mayhem that will arrive, unsuspected, bringing pain and ruin. You know, in setting an example it's always a quandry. We all know that the target is a perfectly horrid individual, but with all the napalm due he might get to thinking he's...'important'. Certainly not a direction in which to move. Well, they'll have to sort it out for themselves. I'm sure we'll all give them the proper degree of leadership in that department.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Founding BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
BoB Bombers Squadron Reserve CoCommander reactivated.†
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:53 pm

Commander - if any of the new pilots have any issues or uncertainties and you're not around, they can feel free to PM me with any questions and concerns - with your permission, of course. I don't mind helping out when and where I can....

Last edited by Rob_In_MO on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
petertschantz

Registration date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:54 pm

I'm actually enjoying the hijinks, stalwart and serious are words not often employed in reference to me.

Sesquipedalian perhaps, but not serious Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.petertschantz.com/
somedumbjerk

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:57 pm

this seems pretty on point for BoB in my limited experience. this a little more off, but i like it. so i'm to understand we're sending flaming peed on marshmallows to the poor victim? bom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:04 pm

somedumbjerk wrote:
this seems pretty on point for BoB in my limited experience. this a little more off, but i like it. so i'm to understand we're sending flaming peed on marshmallows to the poor victim? bom

Hmmm, can't be flaming in the U.S. Mail... just pee on them until they're out. Should be good to go then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Greyson

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:12 pm

Do try to keep the hullabaloo to a minimum while on base chaps. You're spoiling the ambience of the O-club... and Manuel almost spilled my drink.

Americans.

Last edited by Greyson on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
petertschantz

Registration date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:14 pm

well when he is done, as Manuel to bring me a Gin & Tonic please...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.petertschantz.com/
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:15 pm

Greyson wrote:
Do try to keep the hullabaloo to a minimum while on base chaps. You're spoiling the ambience of the O-club... and Manuell almost spilled my drink.

Americans.

As if y'all would allow me admittance into the officer's club. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:18 pm

Simple Man wrote:
As if y'all would allow me admittance into the officer's club. Laughing

Jack - I'll save you a seat in the next meeting of the Imperial Senate! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:29 pm

Avast! Et tu Palpatine? And just where do you think I'd be?

ARRRR. The closet to ye are the ones to watch the closest I be thinkin'!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:37 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Avast! Et tu Palpatine? And just where do you think I'd be?

You've already got your own Chair in the Senate, where you always sit...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leftover421

Registration date : 2012-10-24

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:30 am

Sorry, I have been insanely busy with some new work related boring nonsense that no one wants to hear about because itís boring nonsense and I really donít want to relive any of my stress over the past couple of weeks anyways so just donít ask Mad K?! Laughing

Is there room for one more weary flyboy, commander? I hope so, would hate to miss my second official mission.

p.s. Thatís an "I'm in" if Iím not too late please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:10 am

Rob_In_MO wrote:
Commander - if any of the new pilots have any issues or uncertainties and you're not around, they can feel free to PM me with any questions and concerns - with your permission, of course. I don't mind helping out when and where I can....

That's a broad range Rob.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Cigar2you

Registration date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:30 am

Count me in commander
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:37 am

Hey leftover what ya been up to for the past two weeks. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:08 pm

OKAY...here we are with the a.m. feed. Two more gents checked in so we're up to a count of 28!

I'm likely inside today as it's totolly below freezing outside and that makes the shop situation a little rough...just for my hands. Got the toasty boots (Columbia Bug-a-Something Slip Ons) and the longies and the parka-ish work coat and a good hat...so I'm good, body-wise. But my fingers kinda freeze up.

Anyway aside from that, I spent a few hours fixing the throttle body/plate assemby on my wife's car. One of those classic, "Honey, would you look at my car today...the gas pedal is sticking?" Me...How often and how bad? "Oh, like a few times on the way to the store and the car just stops." (the store is a mile away) Me...inward eye rolling...How long has it been doing that? "Oh, like maybe the last month or so. It was pretty bad on my trip up to Seattle last weekend!" (this is the first I'd been informed about any problem at all) Me...so is it different when you're on the freeway than on the side streets? "Well, when I take my foot off the gas I can only get it to go again about half the time." Good grief!

My question at this point would be...WHAT DOES IT TAKE...for it to be a problem that she would tell me right away? "OH, honey...I meant to tell you...the car exploded last week." - or perhaps - "OH honey...I thought I should mention, there was a tear in the fabric of the veil between our universe and that other place, you know, where the dark one lives...you know, out in the back yard...and a bunch of demons and dark glowy things came through and spent the afternoon rounding up all the neighborhood cats!" Well, THAT would have been all right I guess.

Anyway, I pop out the laptop and google the sticky throttle thing and there's a couple of videos showing how to take the throttle body apart and what kind of solvent to use to clean the gunk off and out and get it slick as a '32 Coupe at a Hot Rod Show. Which it was after the two hours of fiddling and the chunk of my thumb lost to that sharp screw...and here's the point of this whole thing...the leaning into the engine compartment - way in - very close to sprung my back into next week. So I'm a bit slow and will likely sit and let the ibuprophen have its way with me.

Here's the roster at this point:

Pilot Name
1 Ocelot 55
2 EC Outlaw
3 DrumsAndBeer
4 Greyson
5 roogles
6 the rev
7 Rob_In_Mo
8 kaiser83
9 DrT999
10 gravel
11 i.keenum
12 idbowman
13 scotties22
14 christeaux
15 soylentgreen
16 taharris
17 Mozjo 33
18 Fishfuzz
19 George Kaplan
20 tech2576
21 Lesath
22 SimpleMan
23 somedumbjerk
24 petertschantz
25 awoodby
26 leftover421
27 cigar2you
28 Blackhorse

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:04 pm

Sounds like a hell of a day BH, glad most of you made it through!

See if that Dark one guy in the back yard is free to join the squadron, he might lighten the mood somewhat Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:16 pm

You have the glowy things too? Cool!

Next time just send a message and I'll stop by.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:29 pm

Don't think so. He slithered back through the veil, which then closed. But I agree with the assessment. Any guy that collects all the local cats has my vote.

And don't get me wrong. It was a glorious day. Not only did I make it through alive, I made major big time points fixing SWMBO's car like a pro. Not to mention the baked chicken and red beans and rice side dish that was waiting for her JUST out of the oven when she walked through the door. That was big too, as I usually don't cook...so absolutely, the liiy was gilded! And with the appropriate dosage of anti-inflamatory pillage I was able to bask in glory all evening...and if the periodic wince of pain was perhaps a bit more than was really necessary, well that's OK since I even got a foot rub out of the deal!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:36 pm

Smoked salmon grilled in olive oil, garlic, cilantro, lime, red peppers, with bacon draped over it. Followed with a pot of potatoes, green beans, carrots, mushrooms, and barley; in homemade chicken stock. Oh, I also have been baking...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:16 am

Hey Blackhorse, I have an item of personal business to discuss with you, but I don't want to jam up your inbox. It's not pressing though, so you can pm me or let me know here when you've got an opening for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:05 am

George - I'll send you my personal email address then.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next