HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:15 am

I've noticed the messages do seem to be quite restrictive in how much you can keep, I was wondering if there's a way to increase them at all? If it was a charge to increase capacity I'd be willing to help out towards it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:48 pm

Due to the quantity of traffic the Air Marshall receives, it might be necessary for him to have an auxillary account with hotmail or Google strictly for squadron business. He has so many irons in the fire just in my direction. Maybe we could chip in and get him a Commander Communicator that he carries on his person 24-7... Sorry Dave, I won't let it happen...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:32 pm

Hmmmm. Two "No's". Good ideas, both.

1. The idea of an expanded or enhanced volume for the storage of PM data for either the whole membership or certain individuals within that membership has been explored and found unworkable by guys on the 'Mod Squad'. Don't remember what the problem in doing it was, but it was there and disallowed it.

2. No thanks. I don't want to have another email account to encourage added communication requirements for this or any other aspect of this or other online activities. Please understand that THIS site is where my heart, and therefore my time is. I force myself to strictly limit what I do online re: 'hobby' sites as I do a number of other things online as well re: support of home and family, research for projects...and then there's the project work in the shop too. Aside from home, family and the work/time mentioned above I believe I have little to add and feel it's at the ceiling of where it will still allow it to be a fun thing as opposed to a drudge. If it gets into the drudge zone, then I would start pulling away, and I don't want that. Currently it's fun and exciting and that keeps the energy there for at least the semblance of a good job. If I didn't believe I was doing justice to the activity and the squadron members, I'd pass it off to another worthy player. I should be doing that now, just for the sake of an effective transition somewhere down the road...likely will this Spring.

Anyway...long response to a short question I guess.

But I've got orders to get out tis morning and work in my shop to get at...so...I'm outta here.

OH! Before I go...check out the following list. If you think your name should be here and it's not, or vice versa, let me know.

Pilot Roster as of this a.m.:

1 Ocelot 55
2 EC Outlaw
3 DrumsAndBeer
4 Greyson
5 roogles
6 the rev
7 Rob_In_Mo
8 kaiser83
9 DrT999
10 gravel
11 i.keenum
12 idbowman
13 scotties22
14 christeaux
15 soylentgreen
16 taharris
17 Mozjo 33
18 Fishfuzz
19 George Kaplan
20 tech2576
21 Lesath

First BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: ATTENTION ALL SQUADRON MEMBERS   Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:55 pm

From the very beginning, the bomber program has been a work in progress, and so it continues. I would bring to all members attention the current post made by our Commander. For the past several months, I have pondered how he has managed to fulfill all of his obligations both inside and out of the BOB. I cannot imagine the squadron having a new driving force. This is strictly a suggestion, but in order to keep our command structure intact, we might consider quarterly or six month mission intervals with an occasional secret mission thrown in. To have sustained the level of activity for nearly a year is amazing. I hope I have not overstepped my boundaries, but I would rather scale things back, rather than see this die. Blackhorse created this and has in truth made it an extension of himself. I'd prefer it to continue under his leadership.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:56 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
The very first post in this thread specified that pilots were NOT to PM me with anything at this point - and of course 3 - 4 of you immediately responded that you had received your orders...sending me a PM to that effect. ARRGGGHHHHHHHHH!

lol!

Blackhorse wrote:
And I swear...if you any of you lot send me one saying you're sorry for sending too many PM's

Trying my best not to send PM. Twisted Evil

Sorry Commander, I'll try to behave. Don't leave! Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:49 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
Blackhorse wrote:
The very first post in this thread specified that pilots were NOT to PM me with anything at this point - and of course 3 - 4 of you immediately responded that you had received your orders...sending me a PM to that effect. ARRGGGHHHHHHHHH!

lol!

Blackhorse wrote:
And I swear...if you any of you lot send me one saying you're sorry for sending too many PM's

Trying my best not to send PM. Twisted Evil

But it was tempting, wasn't it? What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:59 pm

Maybe we could all just send our PMs to Fishfuzz, and he and Gravel could hand-deliver them to Blackhorse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:03 pm

George Kaplan wrote:
Maybe we could all just send our PMs to Fishfuzz, and he and Gravel could hand-deliver them to Blackhorse.

Heh - he'd probably ban the lot of us. Would almost be worth it though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:29 pm

Excellent idea George!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:41 pm

No worry of it going away gents...

If worse comes to worse and no one else wanted to I''d play XO and run the paperwork side for BH.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:12 pm

Lesath wrote:
From the very beginning, the bomber program has been a work in progress, and so it continues. I would bring to all members attention the current post made by our Commander. For the past several months, I have pondered how he has managed to fulfill all of his obligations both inside and out of the BOB. I cannot imagine the squadron having a new driving force. This is strictly a suggestion, but in order to keep our command structure intact, we might consider quarterly or six month mission intervals with an occasional secret mission thrown in. To have sustained the level of activity for nearly a year is amazing. I hope I have not overstepped my boundaries, but I would rather scale things back, rather than see this die. Blackhorse created this and has in truth made it an extension of himself. I'd prefer it to continue under his leadership.

Well said!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somedumbjerk

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:51 pm

Maybe a dumb question, but how do you get in on this? i got bombed once and it was fantastic! i would love to help spread the joy... i mean bloodshed pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:03 pm

somedumbjerk wrote:
Maybe a dumb question, but how do you get in on this? i got bombed once and it was fantastic! i would love to help spread the joy... i mean bloodshed pirat

PM Commander Blackhorse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:30 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
somedumbjerk wrote:

PM Commander Blackhorse.

Yeah. PM him repeatedly. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:29 pm

You douche wads do realize those pm's he's trying to save are yalls addresses, whose been bombed, blackballs ,and continuous use docs for this endeavor ???

Somedumbjerk, go read the beginning posts of the other bombing missions and what not.
BlackHorse will respond to you in a bit, I'm sure of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:38 pm

Yeah, what puros_bran suggested is right. When in doubt, send the boss man a PM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:53 pm

Ah...one and all...such excellent kneejerks. And I mean that sincerely. Laughing

I was so moved I was almost tempted to PM myself.

And in excellent fashion, someone quoted and answered correctly...although I don't think it was intentional:

Quote :
somedumbjerk wrote:

Maybe a dumb question, but how do you get in on this? i got bombed once and it was fantastic! i would love to help spread the joy... i mean bloodshed

PM Commander Blackhorse.

As I said, I'm always open for legit business. This is a good example, so thanks. I'll be connecting with 'somedumbjerk' (there are so many to chose from) later this evening to share information.

I just deleted the 4 paragraphs I wrote here. Cool

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:12 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
And in excellent fashion, someone quoted and answered correctly...although I don't think it was intentional

Com on now, Commander. You know me - the answer I gave him was intentional. Cool

Seriously now - Commander: You know that if you ever need a break from the stresses of Command that there are several regular members and Mods that would be more than happy to take over for a few missions. PB stated this earlier, and I know that me means it too.

Last edited by Rob_In_MO on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:13 pm

Just got back in town from a loooooong miserable trip. Sign me up, I'm ready for action.... if I can get someone to give the prop a spin. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:17 pm

puros_bran wrote:
You douche wads do realize those pm's he's trying to save are yalls addresses, whose been bombed, blackballs ,and continuous use docs for this endeavor ???

Seriously PB, you know that at least a few members of this group would find the whole situation entirely too good to let simply pass by. Laughing

Actually - I gave a legitimate answer to a serious question. This has been the standard protocol in past missions for new members requesting permission to join the squadron.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:19 pm

Hi, Jack! Glad to see you made it back alive. Some of us were starting to wonder. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:21 pm

George Kaplan wrote:
Hi, Jack! Glad to see you made it back alive. Some of us were starting to wonder. Razz

There's NO place like home! I'm never leaving Kansas or Georgia again... EVER! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:22 pm

Welcome back, Brother Jack! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:36 pm

"Applications" sent to two potential new pilots just a bit ago.

For the experts out there, the process for membership is pretty simple.

And in the quest for tranparency, here it is: 1. PM me. 2. If they haven't said...I usually ask why the person wants to be a member. A person's reasons are their own, doesn't much matter what they are as I'm not a gatekeeper. I just think it's good to think about it enough to write it down (yes, it's a writing test). And it's good process. BTW: I don't save 'em. 3. I send them a copy of the Brothers of Briar Bomber Squadron Mission Statement and tell them to read it through and if they believe they can live up to what it says they need to do then to send me their real name and mailing address...written out like it was on an envelope. If they can do that I figure they can at least get a name and address on a bomb. lol Then I list them on the roster and add them. Pretty easy.

I like new members and really want to add two or three new pilots each mission if possible. So - advertising and PR are part of my job here too...one of the big reasons for me liking the stars and bombs and all on the signature lines (as they're widespread, free and require no effort on my part). Comments have been made about the hashmark stuff here and elsewhere. It's my belief that we're not bragging or setting ourselves above other members...we're advertising, as we need guys to take note and want to know what it's all about. Otherwise it's a closed system and I guarantee about 6 months down the road we'd have a half dozen guys sending out bombs instead of close to thirty...cause if you go back and really look at the mission threads you'll see quite a number of names that were gung ho for one to three months and then were gone with the wind. Which is fine as it's not for everyone...and it takes maybe a few rounds for someone to find that out. So hopefully we'll be adding a couple in the next day or so.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:06 am

Rob_In_MO wrote:
PM Commander Blackhorse.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next