HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:08 am

Well, there's going to be no living with him now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:58 am

There never was. I could tell you stories...

On a more important note, we have a couple of new men just assigned to the Squadron. Both are fairly well seasoned gents, having flown private bombing sorties, but haven't been in an organized operation like this before. I expect you lot will welcome them aboard and show them the ropes. And no funny business like when you told the last ones they had to buy scrip to get drinks at the O Club. Special Services is STILL sorting that one out.

Anyway, their paperwork is still in the system, waiting for the clerks to find their brilliant way in to work this morning. But all that will follow them in all right and proper as usual I'm sure. For the time being I'll let them introduce themselves as they don't seem shy...or breakable.

At any rate welcome aboard gentlemen.

Founding BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
BoB Bombers Squadron Reserve CoCommander reactivated. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:53 am

I'm in. I will be out of town for most of the rest of the month, but I will be back just in time to make the launch date.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:01 am

Simple Man wrote:
George Kaplan wrote:
Hi, Jack! Glad to see you made it back alive. Some of us were starting to wonder. Razz

There's NO place like home! I'm never leaving Kansas or Georgia again... EVER! Evil or Very Mad

There are times driving across the Mighty MO (Missouri River) that I so badly want the state of Missouri to put up a sign that says "Your not in Kansas anymore". Heck, I've been tempted to do it myself.....and I've lived here for long enough you think the compulsion would have worn off. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com Online
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:04 am

Greyson wrote:
Well, there's going to be no living with him now...

Blackhorse wrote:
There never was. I could tell you stories...

Ok, I'll shut up now. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
petertschantz

Registration date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:06 am

I'm in as long as orders don't get held up Very Happy

I'm neither shy nor breakable, although I do have some wear and tear...

Looking forward to being part of the squadron!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.petertschantz.com/
somedumbjerk

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:37 pm

On board and ready to bust my cherry! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tech2576

Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:50 pm

somedumbjerk wrote:
On board and ready to bust my cherry! Twisted Evil

Welcome aboard! It won't take you long to learn not to leave the door open like that for these guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:02 pm

welcome aboard fellas, the first rule of bomb club is we don't talk about bomb club, the second rule of bomb club is

WE DON'T TALK ABOUT BOMB CLUB

the third rule of bomb club is the bombing continues no matter if the enemy taps, goes unconscious or is otherwise deemed unsuitable

the fourth rule of bomb club is the bombing lasts as long as it has to

and the final rule of bomb club is...

if it your first month in bomb club, you have to bomb

reverend tyler durden
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revspipes.com
petertschantz

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:43 pm

the rev wrote:

reverend tyler durden

Thanks Rev! Is that in the same section that says the rev will make you a pipe if it is your first month? Cool
Back to top Go down
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:44 pm

A big welcome to the new guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somedumbjerk

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:45 pm

petertschantz wrote:
the rev wrote:

reverend tyler durden

Thanks Rev! Is that in the same section that says the rev will make you a pipe if it is your first month? Cool

in support of this decision!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fishfuzz

Registration date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:30 pm

I just want to point out:

Quote :
Mission Orders

Attention to Orders.

Your target for the January mission (SKYDUMP) is:

[redacted]

Please remember the following dates:

General Take Off (mailing) Date: Monday, January 28th.

(Depending on where you live, and the resulting shipping times this may be different for you…but not by more than a day. It is NOT appropriate for your bomb to arrive on target early…no matter WHAT your personal circumstances are! If you have a problem, ship your package to me and I’ll ensure that it arrives on target at the proper time.)

Bombing Date: Bombs to arrive Thursday, January 31th.

(This date is an adjusted date from the original announcement - as it allows a full three days of shipping time.)

As always you are required to send your package with a tracking number…and to send me the tracking number via PM once it is in the hands of the USPS or UPS.

That’s it gents (and lady). If you have any questions please PM me.

Nothing in the included instructions state not to reply. Newer commands override prior missives.

Last edited by Fishfuzz on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
petertschantz

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:35 pm

orders received Very Happy

looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:09 pm

Fishfuzz wrote:
I just want to point out:

Quote :
Mission Orders

Attention to Orders.

Your target for the January mission (SKYDUMP) is:

[redacted]

Please remember the following dates:

General Take Off (mailing) Date: Monday, January 28th.

(Depending on where you live, and the resulting shipping times this may be different for you…but not by more than a day. It is NOT appropriate for your bomb to arrive on target early…no matter WHAT your personal circumstances are! If you have a problem, ship your package to me and I’ll ensure that it arrives on target at the proper time.)

Bombing Date: Bombs to arrive Thursday, January 31th.

(This date is an adjusted date from the original announcement - as it allows a full three days of shipping time.)

As always you are required to send your package with a tracking number…and to send me the tracking number via PM once it is in the hands of the USPS or UPS.

That’s it gents (and lady). If you have any questions please PM me.

Nothing in the included instructions state not to reply. Newer commands override prior missives.

Don't be butthurt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:12 pm

Fuzzbrains - Test not the wrath of the insensed Commander thou lowly curmudgeon!

Quoted from the very first post in this thread:

Quote :
As per SOP, it’s time to sign in for the mission. Sign in (if you are an approved and standing member) on the January Mission Thread…by posting your intention to fly. Do NOT PM me with anything at this point! Once your sign-in is received AND when we have about half the typical roster filled (10 – 15 signed in) you will be sent Official Mission Orders including your bombing orders and address. Do not PM me that you have received your orders…I can tell this by checking my outgoing mailbox.

I honestly don't know how much more clear it could be! Also, it is not rational or workable to require that I re-post every detail in every subsequent post in order for it to still be in effect. The posts would get sequentially longer and longer, etc.

In addition, voicing a 'challenge' as in your post above, even in jest, opens the door for others to perhaps consider that it would be OK for them to go ahead and fill my PM inbox with flotsam and fluff, against my specific request. I shouldn't have to remind you that as a Pilot here your role is to help by making things positive and more effective instead of fostering discord and doubt. I'm shocked (shocked I tell you!) that you would behave in this tawdy manner.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:02 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
I'm shocked (shocked I tell you!) that you would behave in this tawdy manner.

He said "tawdy!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Is that like a hot tawdy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
petertschantz

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:20 pm

tawdy kitaed?

hehe, just said that and realized it sounded like I had a cold....
Back to top Go down
awoodby

Registration date : 2012-09-13

PostSubject: Signing in commander   Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:20 pm

Count me in, who's this bum??

--Alex
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:34 pm

Orders out to all that have checked in so far, including:

1 Ocelot 55
2 EC Outlaw
3 DrumsAndBeer
4 Greyson
5 roogles
6 the rev
7 Rob_In_Mo
8 kaiser83
9 DrT999
10 gravel
11 i.keenum
12 idbowman
13 scotties22
14 christeaux
15 soylentgreen
16 taharris
17 Mozjo 33
18 Fishfuzz
19 George Kaplan
20 tech2576
21 Lesath
22 SimpleMan
23 somedumbjerk
24 petertschantz
25 awoodby

At this time christeaux and soylentgreen have not picked up their orders. If anyone has a connection to either pilot you might yank their chain a bit. Just as a wake-up.

As always, if I've missed anyone, let me know.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:24 pm

Welcome to the new Pilots!

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
petertschantz

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:27 pm

thx Rob!
Back to top Go down
Fishfuzz

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:49 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Fuzzbrains - Test not the wrath of the insensed Commander thou lowly curmudgeon!

Quoted from the very first post in this thread:

Quote :
As per SOP, it’s time to sign in for the mission. Sign in (if you are an approved and standing member) on the January Mission Thread…by posting your intention to fly. Do NOT PM me with anything at this point! Once your sign-in is received AND when we have about half the typical roster filled (10 – 15 signed in) you will be sent Official Mission Orders including your bombing orders and address. Do not PM me that you have received your orders…I can tell this by checking my outgoing mailbox.

I honestly don't know how much more clear it could be! Also, it is not rational or workable to require that I re-post every detail in every subsequent post in order for it to still be in effect. The posts would get sequentially longer and longer, etc.

In addition, voicing a 'challenge' as in your post above, even in jest, opens the door for others to perhaps consider that it would be OK for them to go ahead and fill my PM inbox with flotsam and fluff, against my specific request. I shouldn't have to remind you that as a Pilot here your role is to help by making things positive and more effective instead of fostering discord and doubt. I'm shocked (shocked I tell you!) that you would behave in this tawdy manner.

I think you mean tawdry. Updated sig to reflect cannonized title. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fishfuzz

PostSubject: Re: SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission   Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:52 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Don't be butthurt.

And for the new pilots - I'm not normally this feisty. Wink All in jest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next