HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:55 am

Saturday at 11am mom texted me and told me she was taking my step dad (the man I call pops) to the ER with a possible stoke. At Noon they did emergency brain surgery for Acute Subdural Hematoma.. outlook not good.. Most people die with the acute version.. period.. Sunday he has miraculously recovered, hes flirting with the nurse, getting angry at the doctors, eating with his fingers.. simply frikkin amazing, Dude has literally had a giant hole drilled into his brain...
Was looking very good this morning but he's took a turn this afternoon.. Not able to speak, can't respond on his right side. The Doctor is allowing mom to stay in the room with him now, she she wasn't allowed sat or sunday night.. I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't a bit scared. The only bright spot is the Doc does have him scheduled for 6 weeks of rehab. I don't know if thats just wishful thinking or something he did before this morning.. . The worst part is I can't go help my mom.... My wife goes in for surgery at 5am in the morning. Life is getting a little bit effed up at the moment.

Oh yeah my co-driver is about to get fired.. I don't know whats going to happen there... What would normally be a big deal is barely registering on my radar. Thats messed up.

Anyhoot, I play rough on here I know.. I don't mean anything by it guys, each and everyone of you are like an extended member of my family. If I asshole or gooshy a little to much this week please just over look me.. I'll be back to normal in a little while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:57 am

brother, I am really sorry. Hope things turn in a better direction quickly. Be as difficult as you want, I usually ignore you anyways Smile

rev
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revspipes.com
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:01 am

I'll be praying for you and your family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:08 am

Good vibes sent, dude.

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peckinpahhombre

Registration date : 2012-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:53 am

PB - I know what you are going through. Went through much the same thing with my Dad two years back. It was extremely difficult. My prayers are with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:52 am

PB, I am really sorry to hear you are going thru so much all at once. Stay strong and stay as busy as you can brother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:12 am

I'm really sorry PB, I hope things change for the better for you soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:57 am

Sorry to read of your problems PB - very tough time for you. My thoughts & prayers are with you this morning brother.

Fraternally

Jers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leftover421

Registration date : 2012-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:04 am

I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time PB. I can't even imagine what you’re going through brother. Just the thought of dealing with what you’re dealing with makes me start to hyperventilate.
Sending all my hope that everything turns out ok for you and your family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
petertschantz

Registration date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:52 am

prayers for you and your family PB
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.petertschantz.com/
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:30 am

PB - my thoughts and prayers are for your pops, your wife, you and your family.

All the best.

Mo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:53 am

I know these dark days well, as many of us do, you need space to just 'be', you got it PB, if there is anything in our powers to do for you mate, just say the word, if it can be done, it'll get done.

Stay strong ol'boy, you'll make it through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tgwilt

Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:36 am

We're here for you. Anything you need, just ask. You won't find a better bunch of people than those who frequent this place.

Tom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:02 am

My grandfather went through the same thing your Step Dad seems to be dealing with. It was murder on my mother. You have my sincerest sympathies brother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:07 am

You cracker head bastages. I said don't post a bunch of crap..
( Wink thanks)

The bride is in recovery. 4hrs.. shew.

Mom said pops was awake today and aware enough mentally to realize that his speech wasn't working right but he was pretty confused as to why.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:15 am

Hope your wife is OK and it wasnt too serious, best wishes for her. Since pops had such an influence on you I assume you turned out a lot like him, so I surmise he is an ornery ol bastage like you. He'll prolly be up and chewin your ass in no time ;-)

mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:36 am

puros_bran wrote:
.. I'll be back to normal in a little while.

You can't get BACK to normal if you've never been there, Butthead.

Dad, Mom, and your wife are in my prayers.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:44 am

Hang tough, PB. If you need anything or anyone to talk to, we're always here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:52 am

Praying
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:10 pm

God bless You and Yours, PeeB.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:23 pm

Since ever one else ignored the title I will too...

Praying for you and your family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonA3597

Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:30 pm

PB, praying for you and yours in this trial.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:32 pm

Yeah, tell this lot to NOT do something. That works, every time. Laughing

Hang in there PeeB...sending out the best I can do to help everyone on your end. Speaking for all the chowderheads you know and love here, we're ALL here for you, like it or not. They were for me, and look at the sh*t I pull. cheers

Love ya, and by extension, your family too, bro.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:58 pm

Hang in there you ornery ole road warrior! Take just one thing at a time if that's possible, before you know it the crisis will be over and you can start another one here on BoB. Shocked
Good thoughts go out to you and Yours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPUD 15

Registration date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit   Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:42 pm

A bunch of crap. There I did It. Your in my prayers PEEB MIKE
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Don't post a bunch of crap... just unloading a bit
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next