HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Mini Mag-Lite gift transformed - and then some

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Mini Mag-Lite gift transformed - and then some   Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:01 pm

Our Rob sent me a very kind gift of a mini Mag-Lite torch, we were in need of a torch at home and due to a few problems we were unable to procure one. Out of the goodness of his heart, Rob saw fit to make purchase of a mini mag-lite and sent it to us as a gift, I can't tell you how this has helped us already during the long dark nights of winter.

Rob was concerned that the mini mag-lite was not emitting enough light and by heavens did he do something about it. Rob PM'd me saying very mysteriously that he was sending me a small package but refused to let on what it was, little rascal had me wondering what on earth it might be. Well what should turn up in the post today, nothing less than an LED bulb for the mini mag-lite.

I had absolutely no idea that such a thing would make such a HUGE difference to how the torch would perform, check out these images.

In this image you can see the mini mag-lite and its canvas pouch, just below the torch you can see a small plastic container. To the left in the container is the original mag-lite bulb from the torch, to the right in the container you can see the new LED bulb.

Ha-ha, not impressed yet are ya, well check these out!

This shot is taken with the original mag-lite bulb in the torch.

Nothing much to write home about eh, well, now check out the one with the new LED bulb in the torch!

There is no additional lighting being used here, the light you are seeing is all coming from the new LED bulb!

How AWESOME is that, it absolutely took our breath away when we shone the torch with the new LED bulb in it, what a staggering difference it makes.

We both really appreciate your doing this for us Rob, thank you so very much Bruv'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Mini Mag-Lite gift transformed - and then some   Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:09 pm

Good job Rob. Glad to see another brother so lit up. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Mini Mag-Lite gift transformed - and then some   Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:49 pm

Ah, it was nothing...

I kinda felt bad for sending a Brother-in-need a stock Mini-Maglite. Sure, they'll run forever but they aren't the brightest. This simple LED Drop-In is a quick and easy modification for the Mini Mag and gives you the most bang for the buck.

At least with the LED the darn thing won't eat batteries so quickly.

Now you have a REAL Torch! Twisted Evil

P.S. - Don't try looking at the LED while the unit is turned on. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Mini Mag-Lite gift transformed - and then some   Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:13 am

Hey Rob, which LED is that? I have been looking to replace mine ever since Maglite killed their official replacements.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Mini Mag-Lite gift transformed - and then some   Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:36 am

Dave - since Kirk is in the UK I went with these guys, 'The Torch Site'. Actually I've ordered from them and they offer very reasonable shipping. Note that I am not affiliated with this company nor am I attempting to sell their products.

Here is a link to the LED Upgrade that Kirk received for his 2-AA Mini Maglite.

They also sell on Ebay, if that helps any...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Mini Mag-Lite gift transformed - and then some   Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:41 pm

Kirk has a back yard, green grass and a damn picnic bench? Shocked M'lord's mannor is quite a sight! Razz

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mini Mag-Lite gift transformed - and then some
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1