HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Brothers meet up Feb 2nd ***Photos Added***

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cigar2you

Registration date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Brothers meet up Feb 2nd ***Photos Added***   Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:52 pm

My wife is having a couple of friends and my mother in law over for a late lunch and I am looking for a brother or 10 to hang out with on February 2nd. Looking for something in MD or PA something within an hour or so from Baltimore. Possible locations could be Boswell Pipes in PA, Faders in Reisterstown MD, something near Philly if any of the brothers have any ideas. I am open to suggestions at this point. I would even be open to hanging out with a brother or two at their place if they have a shop and want to work on a few project pipes or just sit around smoke and share some good conversation.

Last edited by Cigar2you on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Brothers meet up Feb 2nd ***Photos Added***   Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:41 am

I used to live in Riverside when I worked at APG. I couldn't find a pipe smoker for miles back then! The trip would be a little too long now. Best of luck and I hope someone takes you up on your offer. If you're ever in NY, hit me up. I'd be glad to have a smoke and some "adult beverages"! Happy Smokes!!! king

PS: NY Pipe Show on March 9th. in Newark, NJ!!!!!!
http://www.brothersofbriar.com/t21293-new-york-pipe-show-2013-20th-anniversary
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cigar2you

PostSubject: Re: Brothers meet up Feb 2nd ***Photos Added***   Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:05 am

Already made arrangements to be off work so I will definitely be in Newark.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

PostSubject: Re: Brothers meet up Feb 2nd ***Photos Added***   Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:19 pm

Cigar2you wrote:
Already made arrangements to be off work so I will definitely be in Newark.

Well, you'll have to keep a lookout for me then. We usually head to J&R's in Whippany, NJ for the "after show smoke fest and dinner". As the days come closer, PM me and let me know what time you'll be up there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lestrout

Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Brothers meet up Feb 2nd ***Photos Added***   Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Ever been to Wingeroth's in Lebanon, Top Shelf in Skippack, BnB in Chesnut Hill or Black Cat near Norristown?

hp les
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cigar2you

PostSubject: Re: Brothers meet up Feb 2nd ***Photos Added***   Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:56 pm

I have not been to any of these locations, but I know that they are deitely inving distance from the house. Do they have a ood seltion of pipes and tobacco?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lestrout

PostSubject: Re: Brothers meet up Feb 2nd ***Photos Added***   Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:14 pm

Wingenroth's advertises that it has 300 tinned blends, and has a 5 for 4. Top Shelf has a similar deal, more in McClellands. Black Cat and BnB are down the pike from TS - we could do a B&M crawl.

hp
les
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cigar2you

PostSubject: Re: Brothers meet up Feb 2nd ***Photos Added***   Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Sounds good to me. Lets see put a plan together and figure out where we are going to meet up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

PostSubject: Re: Brothers meet up Feb 2nd ***Photos Added***   Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:07 am

Sounds like fun.
Les is a good guy. Always a great time chatting with Les.
(Here's a hint......He loves Latakia!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cigar2you

PostSubject: Re: Brothers meet up Feb 2nd ***Photos Added***   Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:14 am

[url][/url]
The meet up was a great time. We did a B&M tobacco crawl starting at Old Havana Cigars, then a wonderful ride through the Pennsylvania countryside to Top Shelf and from there to Black Cat. I believe Top Shelf has the largest open sample tin collection in the area with a ton of vintage weed to smoke. Above you will see a picture of Les and I as well as the proprietor of Top Shelf Jay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lestrout

PostSubject: Re: Brothers meet up Feb 2nd ***Photos Added***   Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:20 pm

Cigar - that was indeed a grand time. We sure did score some HTF blends. Next crawl we plan might want to include Wingenroth's. Hope you make IPSD at Morley's on the 20th. I sure enjoyed looking over your nice briar.

hp
les
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

PostSubject: Re: Brothers meet up Feb 2nd ***Photos Added***   Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:29 pm

Cigar: That's you?
Weren't we talking at Kaywoodie?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Brothers meet up Feb 2nd ***Photos Added***   Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:33 pm

Wow, how did I miss this one! A good looking group!
If you want to do a Saturday meeting at Boswells, I'm overdue for a visit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cigar2you

PostSubject: Re: Brothers meet up Feb 2nd ***Photos Added***   Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:09 am

DoverPipes wrote:

Yes Dover we have met a couple of times at both Newark last year and at Kaywoodie. At Newark I usually hang out the Scottdmb and the Chesapeake pipe club.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cigar2you

PostSubject: Re: Brothers meet up Feb 2nd ***Photos Added***   Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:11 am

lestrout wrote:
Cigar - that was indeed a grand time. We sure did score some HTF blends. Next crawl we plan might want to include Wingenroth's. Hope you make IPSD at Morley's on the 20th. I sure enjoyed looking over your nice briar.

hp
les

Sounds like a great idea Les. I am free most weekends so whenever the weather is suitable for fishing well have to get together again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

PostSubject: Re: Brothers meet up Feb 2nd ***Photos Added***   Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:34 am

Cigar2you wrote:
DoverPipes wrote:

Yes Dover we have met a couple of times at both Newark last year and at Kaywoodie. At Newark I usually hang out the Scottdmb and the Chesapeake pipe club.

Didn't make the connection to your screen name here on B.O.B. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Brothers meet up Feb 2nd ***Photos Added***   Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:47 am

riff raff wrote:
Wow, how did I miss this one!

Must've been all of that LA driving. Gas fumes were too much for you, I guess. Laughing

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Brothers meet up Feb 2nd ***Photos Added***   Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:47 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
riff raff wrote:
Wow, how did I miss this one!

Must've been all of that LA driving. Gas fumes were too much for you, I guess. Laughing

lol!

Yeah, Hollywood, put the top up sometime ... Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Brothers meet up Feb 2nd ***Photos Added***
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1