HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

You guys are lucky.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: You guys are lucky.   Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:01 pm

I was actually kind of pissed about some of the nonsense going on in my broken meer thread. Yeah, I know, I earned it. I like a joke as much as the next guy, but even I have my limits. Think I'm joking? I'm not. Way to go, guys! Neutral

Why I say you're all lucky is I'm not going to berrate you like three year olds and turn into the next puros_bran. Funny is awesome, it just has to be applied intelligently and not like the sugared-up yard apes you all (we) can be. Allow me to instruct you.

I've learned humor is better than stewing like a piece of grizzled, tough meat. Take rabbit, for example. Apparently this is a real product on Amazon.com, but you wouldn't know it by reading the product reviews, which seemed to have inadvertently gained its own cult following and "meme-ntum."

Some excerpts so you can be assured following that link down the rabbit hole is the right thing to do:

M. Rosen, who rates four stars, wrote:
Like many suburban homeowners, I like to kill and eat the wild animals that populate my backyard. To keep it sporting, I hunt naked, with my teeth and long sharpened fingernails as my only weapons. I've feasted on squirrel, raccoon, vole and numerous songbirds. But no matter how long I lay spread eagle and motionless in the hot noonday sun, I have never been able to outwit and catch any of the plump and juicy rabbits that hop just outside my reach and then bolt for the woods when I leap forward with a blood-curdling shriek. I have chased them at a dead run through the yards of the many unoccupied homes that surround mine but the pursuit always ends in frustration. But no more, thanks to Amazon. Every week, I order a fresh whole rabbit and affix it to a remote control car that is operated by one of my children. This way, I get the thrill of the hunt, and when the car's batteries are exhausted, I can leap upon it, bury my teeth into the rabbit's soft flesh and perform my ritual victory dance right there in the Walgreen's parking lot.

Dennis Hamblin, who rates one star, wrote:
I bought this for my kids since they wanted a bunny for Easter. I remember getting a bunny when I was their age. So I typed "Rabbit" into the search function here on Amazon and ordered this and opted for the optional gift wrapping. Imagine the look on the faces of little Jimmy and Suzie when they opened this up on Easter morning. They cried the whole day and it really made the Easter Egg hunt a downer. If you buy this product please understand that it is dead. It may have been alive when it was first packed but the box didn't have any holes in it.

http://www.amazon.com/Cloverdale-Fresh-Whole-Rabbit/product-reviews/B00012182G/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1 <--- click that for more

Not everything in the reviews is comedy gold, in fact, some of them are kind of gross or stupid. But it makes me wonder how and why this product sells, and to be honest, it sounds a little more appetizing over Nevada jackrabbit.

Now, please, put your humor in its place. You've been successfully diverted. I hope.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:34 am

Sooooo, what you're really trying to get across to us is that you're saying you want some Rabbit, yeah!?!?!?! Laughing Twisted Evil I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:55 am

I re read that thread and I'm not really sure why it's upset you so much. You got our sympathetic acknowledgement of what happened, what little we had to offer on the subject regarding merschaums in cold weather ( regardless of what you thought of the information, it's obviously all we had), and a little humor in the end to try to lighten the situation some. That last bit is actually in the hope that you'd laugh a little, and not that anyone was laughing at you. You know that, right? Friends do that. They have nothing to offer to actually fix the situation so they hope to simply make the guy laugh and feel a tiny bit better.

I wonder if Amazon sells the skins and guts separately. Seems for those prices you should get the whole rabbit Neutral

puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:27 am

Blah blah blah wine wine wine cut and paste cut and paste.... Wtf? Is this a Yak thread?
"oh ohh my Butthurts". "ohhh someone derailed.my.thread just like I try to do everyone else's"

Rolling Eyes damn.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:31 am

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Allow me to instruct you.

NO

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:37 am

Quote :
Blah blah blah Laughing
Quote :
wine wine wine Evil or Very Mad

Quote :
cut and paste cut and paste study

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:44 am

PB Nailed It.

All I can say is:
Eff You, Kyle!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:49 am

Uh... Kyle, I recommend re-reading the thread that upset you. There's a brief period of derailment, but it comes right back on track with sympathy and suggestions. I don't see anything that really... was offensive. Sorry to hear it got to you, but I suggest laughing about it and letting it go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:30 am

Not sure I follow either. Seems like it went through the usual BoB thread progression so far as I can see. On topic-devolve-then back on topic. We're not known for our powers of concentration here, after all. Razz

I've had two meershaums over the years that broke for no apparent reason. Both snapped right at the shank. They're more delicate than practical IMO.

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:27 am

I dunno. I can't explain it. I was mad about my pipe self-destructing, smokingpipes told me to piss up a rope, Walker has told me they don't do meerschaum, and I'm back looking around again. I took the pipe breaking pretty hard. Probably stupid, but it just hit me the wrong way. Thinking about duct taping it made me realize a lot needs "duct taping."

So I'm a whiny cunt once in a while. Neutral Been a rough last few weeks with Z's granny dying and helping settle the family, I got axed from my per-diem gig (that a year ago I was excited for getting), I haven't been out of the house for more than an hour in a month, I've tallied up the bills from Z's accident, and poof, my new pipe bites the dust (I was saving it for a time when I needed something different and cool).

My apologies for the confusion. Kind of the reason why I was trying to minimize posting. Here I am, though. Ain't real good at the people stuff, except when I'm trying to please 'em, and when that fails, I look like an ass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beetlejazz

Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:49 am

Sounds like a whole load of shit to wade through. I bet Rob I would be a whiny cunt too.

Hang in there!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:53 am

I'll be fine. My outlets are few and narrow with all that's been happening, and I suppose it's better to start showing signs of weakness among friends and on the Internet, joining the stupidity et al rather than flipping out in a grocery store and getting hauled off. Laughing

Friendships are broken or tempered in times like this...been down that road before. Meh. Three cheers for being nuts, sorry guys.

And if I could put on some kind of politician face I might be taken seriously as a writer, but no, gotta be present and accounted for most time. Laughing That's why I want a profession kicking rocks, I think. lol! They just sit there. Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:12 pm

beetlejazz wrote:
I bet Rob I would be a whiny cunt too.

Nah, Kyle knows my sense of humor all too well.
Believe me, my comment didn't bother him. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:14 pm

No, when it comes down to it, razz me all ya want, that doesn't bother me. I was defensive on my pipe's honor. I'm a freak.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:16 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
No, when it comes down to it, razz me all ya want, that doesn't bother me. I was defensive on my pipe's honor. I'm a freak.

Cool

Kyle - you know it was all in good fun and if it was one of us, we'd expect nothing less from you, Brother.
Sucks that it happened, but such is life. We've both been down that road before.

Now you'll just have to smoke that MM Freehand more oftten. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:19 pm

I have the 5th Ave cob filled with Oriental Dusk right now... nothing beats a good cob. And if it did, it wouldn't break... *grumble grumble* Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
beetlejazz

Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:35 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
beetlejazz wrote:
I bet Rob I would be a whiny cunt too.

Nah, Kyle knows my sense of humor all too well.
Believe me, my comment didn't bother him. Laughing

Oh nothing like that intended. Was just being an ass. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:46 pm

I was only half joking about my egg goop fix.
I do kind of wonder what would happen... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:49 pm

Actually the egg/chalk goop idea is great, but as someone mentioned to me, the pipe has to break first...not sure how I'd get the stuff put into the crack without making a total mess... I've heard that method is sound, though. Hose clamps? Well, no. Laughing If it were a crappy briar that I liked to smoke, I'd turn that sucker into more engine parts than anything, probably with interesting results.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:49 pm

Boswell Eggnog blend ... Duh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:18 pm

beetlejazz wrote:
Oh nothing like that intended. Was just being an ass. Smile

Not taken incorrectly, just being serious for once. It's all good, Sister! Very Happy
Actually I laughed when I read your post. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:57 am

Did anyone actually go read the rabbit reviews? scratch I'm still poring over them and getting a chuckle. That was the point of all of this, anyway. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:20 pm

Well, I missed whatever it was all about, having been away with my own bag of shit to deal with. But it's easy to get one's nose out of joint in a venue like this, where the auditory and visual cues we normally use in face-time are absent. I honestly don't know what youse guys are talking about sometimes. "Are they talking in code?"...or there are some kinda inside jokes to which I'm not privy. Whatever. (shrug)

I mean, how well do any of us really know each other? And that includes knowing what participation in a forum like this actually means to each one of us individually. To some, an online bulletin board is a place to link up with (presumably) kindred spirits. To others, it's a source of information or advice on subjects of interest. Some see it as a game, where there have to be winners and losers. Others bring their bigotry, hatred, and prejudices with them, and defend them with unshakeable tenacity...and you can just perform biologically improbable acts on yourself if you don't like it. And in BoB's case (and this is documented), some say "It's just another damn pipe board." Yet, everyone here is supposed to be "respectful of others". But everyone defines that differently. Some people say things "in jest" that I wouldn't even say if I weren't joking.

Conclusion: Feh.

Anyhow, Kyle, sorry to hear you experienced a bump. I can relate. It's a rollercoaster sometimes, but it kinda comes with the territory. Neutral

jocolor

p.s. It's "whine", pb. "Wine" is what no one here'll prolly ever catch you drinking. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:05 pm

shut up Vino...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: You guys are lucky.   Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:10 pm