HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Found a putty fill INSIDE the bowl of my new pipe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sisyphus

Registration date : 2012-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Found a putty fill INSIDE the bowl of my new pipe   Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:49 pm

Some of my favorite pipes were estates I paid less than $50 for, old Orliks, Loewe's and Comoy's, so I don't get the allusion to snobbery. It was funny. Pointed, but funny. Lighten up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Found a putty fill INSIDE the bowl of my new pipe   Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:57 pm

...or light up and shut up... Razz

I would have been concerned about a fill inside my bowl, too. Yet, it's a $60 pipe, and well, I ain't gettin' any younger...but the tobacco is getting better with age...divide by zero...error...error... Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

Registration date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Found a putty fill INSIDE the bowl of my new pipe   Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:33 pm

Harlock999 wrote:

I really just wanted an excuse to use Razz Monbla's Razz trademark emoticon Razz
*shrug* (Kyle style)
Anyway...

I had a good laugh at this...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Found a putty fill INSIDE the bowl of my new pipe   Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:02 pm

Fight'n Hampsters wrote:
I bought a new pipe, a Savinelli Baronet, and on the second smoke a fill was revealed in the bowl. I was suprised to see it and wonder what problems if any will arise as I continue to use the pipe.

Anyone else have fills in the bowl of any of thier pipes?

Considering the price point that line, and others like it, sell for, it's probably not all that uncommon. If the hole that's being filled doesn't go all the way through the bowl I would not see where there would be any problem with it in future smokes. Many pipes in this price range come with a "pre-carbonizing" coating which can also be used to cover any flaws. Unless one has as sensitive a palate as Kyle, you probably won't taste the filling material. Twisted Evil And as Kyle says: "meh" Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Found a putty fill INSIDE the bowl of my new pipe   Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:18 pm

"Meh" certainly is the appropriate response, ain't it? Laughing I give thanks to Teh InternetZZ.

I'm still wondering what a maker would even use as a fill for the chamber of a pipe, let alone worrying about tasting it. I suppose sanding down the bowl coatings to check a pipe before it is purchased wouldn't go over too well at any B&M. Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Found a putty fill INSIDE the bowl of my new pipe   Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:32 pm

return it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Found a putty fill INSIDE the bowl of my new pipe   Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:16 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:

I'm still wondering what a maker would even use as a fill for the chamber of a pipe, let alone worrying about tasting it.

Why, plastic wood putty, what else!!!!! Only kidding. affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

PostSubject: Re: Found a putty fill INSIDE the bowl of my new pipe   Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:22 pm

Zeno Marx wrote:
return it

I contacted the shop (Iwan Ries) and they said they cover all thier pipes for a year and to keep an eye on it. If it get bigger or the fill material seems to deteriorate then I will return it for another. Love that shop!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Found a putty fill INSIDE the bowl of my new pipe   Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:33 pm

Chuck Levi is one of the best retailers in the USA. Customer satisfaction has always been a trademark of Iwan Ries Company. You are in good hands. Smoke that baby and don't fret. Once it starts to cake for you it will be a favorite, and chances are pretty good that the fill will be forgotten and won't be a problem.
Enjoy. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

PostSubject: Re: Found a putty fill INSIDE the bowl of my new pipe   Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:40 pm

docwatson wrote:
Chuck Levi is one of the best retailers in the USA. Customer satisfaction has always been a trademark of Iwan Ries Company. You are in good hands. Smoke that baby and don't fret. Once it starts to cake for you it will be a favorite, and chances are pretty good that the fill will be forgotten and won't be a problem.
Enjoy. cheers

Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Found a putty fill INSIDE the bowl of my new pipe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2