HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Suggestion: We need an annual humor award

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:55 pm

Friends, allow me to suggest an annual humor award for BoB. We all see threads, or individual comments in threads, that cause us to blow coffee through our nose all over the keyboard, right? Couldn't we have some sort of award for the funniest of the year?

Here's my suggestion, and this is just a rough draft, so it should evolve into something better. I would envision two separate awards, one for the funniest thread, where the majority of it was, from the initial post, cleaver, funny, etc. This award could go two ways, either it has to start out funny, otherwise who gets the award if several are funny? Or it could be the funniest posting within an overall funny thread.

The second award would be for the funniest single entry into a basically (or at least up to that point) serious thread. (See PDs comment in the current Summerset Slices thread as an example of this.)

Selecting and voting: I would envision a specific time of year when each member could nominate one example for each category if they so decided, then it might work to have a "committee" (moderators, are you listening here?) to hone it down to the best 5 or 10 or 37 or what ever number works. Post them all into two, special, locked thread (don't want to alter what we're going to vote on) and give us a month or so to cast our vote. Than, on that austere day when all the major news networks will be waiting for the announcement, announce the winners and send out the Golden Laughed my Balls Off or what ever "trophy" we could put together. Although Christmas comes to mind, that is a busy time with other things, like sending boxes of live snakes to alfredo-buscatti as his SS and such, so a more "dead" time of year might work better? Perhaps tax day?

Just rough ideas, but what do you gents and ladies (and all the rest of you rabble) think?

Natch

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:00 pm

I hereby nominate the above.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:10 pm

April Fools Day would be fitting don'tcha think? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:11 pm

I like this idea! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:13 pm

Fine idea except your encouraging further thread derailment. Plus it takes away from it if you wonder if they are just trying to be funny for an award.. plus as a mod I'd be ineligible and therefore its a dumb idea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:40 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Fine idea except your encouraging further thread derailment. Plus it takes away from it if you wonder if they are just trying to be funny for an award.. plus as a mod I'd be ineligible and therefore its a dumb idea

Would it surprise anyone if I agreed?

In a world of forced humor, I'd hate this place to turn into a jokefest. I like balance in my conversations. Natural funny happens, and that's gold; when forced, it gets old. I'm one to talk, right?

*shrug* Laughing

No "Funny Awards." The occasional funny IS the award for us all. I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:18 pm

Well you could always issue a foul for a guy purposely trying to be funny just to get in and throw him out of consideration for doing so. If you wanted to keep it real you could choose a committee to nominate and vote, but have them do it at unanounced times of their own choosing to keep people from trying to sandbag.

Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:19 pm

I should probably be eliminated on the basic of being mentally derranged. It gives me an unfair advantage Laughing

puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:39 pm

I was going to say something funny but I'm saving it up for a big finish in March.. the best laugh is the last laugh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:22 pm

GK's thread about the crossbow and cob for the neighbor will win on all accounts hands down, besides you can never ell if it was serious or funny to start with anyhow. That thread will come back from like 5 years to win in the future. Competition ended.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:52 am

Kaiser, did you notice you bear a striking resemblance to PB's Obi-wan avatar? My wife pointed it out initially and the more I looked the more it seemed like a good comparison.

Sorry for the thread derailment. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:19 am

Puff Daddy wrote:
I should probably be eliminated on the basic of being mentally derranged. It gives me an unfair advantage Laughing

If I didn't know any better I would cry........... Arrow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:13 am

Ocelot55 wrote:
Kaiser, did you notice you bear a striking resemblance to PB's Obi-wan avatar? My wife pointed it out initially and the more I looked the more it seemed like a good comparison.

Sorry for the thread derailment. Very Happy
Unfortunately the only avatar that actually comes up for me anymore is Jers's for some odd reason. Odd network.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:50 am

Theres nothing to see here, these are not the avatars you are looking for..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:53 am

Obi-Wan Kenaiser your our only hope.. - Princess Leia
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:39 am

You Rebel Scum!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:32 am

Nonsense.. utter nonsense! Kenobi was responsible for creating Lord Vader.. and when your the Emperor be without Vader, well besides alive. But you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:55 am

Stop it...I have seen one too many parodies of movies for the single guy type folks and y'all are just killing the Star Wars one for me. Carrie Fisher was already hot in the real one, but the parody was better, now Vader is going to end up smoking a pipe while "torturing" her. I so hate you guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:45 pm

Star Wars itself was born in its mother's basement at age 30. What did you expect? Luca$ just did what any raging nerd would do: made the world pay. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:04 pm

Intending no disrespect, leave it like it is. Very Happy

Besides -- there's be too many to choose from.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:32 pm

Yak wrote:
Intending no disrespect, leave it like it is. Very Happy

Besides -- there's be too many to choose from.

What a Face

This . Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:53 pm

A "Curmudgeon Award" would be amusing, though. Twisted Evil

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: We need an annual humor award   Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:46 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
A "Curmudgeon Award" would be amusing, though. Twisted Evil

Cool

Ah shut up and get a job ya bum................. Laughing I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Suggestion: We need an annual humor award
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1