HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

I've got a bad feeling about this...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: I've got a bad feeling about this...   Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:38 am

The thread you found on SF is Brenden's, he's a friend who is in the Tobacco industry, not the farming side mind you, he's the guy I did a trade with for some of that awesome tobacco a while back, he's also the chap I did the Meerschaum Poker for. I am registered as Briar Spirit on SF, my reply to Brenden's thread there is found here: http://www.smokersforums.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1886089&postcount=27

It is a fascinating tobacco, really not for the faint of heart mind you, it's a real "man's smoke" if you get my drift there, anyone into Aromatics or anything on the mild or medium strength side should steer well clear of it, as Brenden put it to me once, it's like rocket fuel, and it is that alright, I love the stuff. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: I've got a bad feeling about this...   Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:21 am

Right. That's why I compared it to the Indonesian Tambolaka. Also thinking it would be similar in power to some of the Gawith twists, dark plug, etc.

So...if I ever pop on down to Rio for the weekend...lol.

Founding BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
BoB Bombers Squadron Reserve CoCommander reactivated. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: I've got a bad feeling about this...   Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:37 am

Blackhorse wrote:
Right. That's why I compared it to the Indonesian Tambolaka. Also thinking it would be similar in power to some of the Gawith twists, dark plug, etc.

So...if I ever pop on down to Rio for the weekend...lol.

Can't do it for a little while BH as dosh is major league scarce mate but when I am able to I shall send you a sample of it, I have it sliced and split apart in a jar to dry it a little ready to smoke, smoking some right now actually, amazing tobacco, I don't have heaps of it BH but , I will send you a sample of it, PM me your addy chap so I can send it off when we have the dosh to post it off to ya. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: I've got a bad feeling about this...   Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:42 pm

KF - that's really very kind of you...and don't take this amiss...but Ihave vowed for several reasons not to accept any tobacco from friends in the UK in the future. It has nothing to do with the worthiness of the weed or the guys (all of whom I've met have been brilliant) but is totally about my own issues with the way in which you blokes are totally screwed by your evil and greedy tax system...which is TOTALLY out of proportioin with anything sane.

It seems that since you have a small amount of something you really enjoy that is very hard to obtain...well, that's three strikes in my book. I'm not going to mooch any of that. I've got a huge inventory from which to pick, including most of what you have to choose from as well...and if you even think about trying to get something from over here (and we DO have some totally excellent lines from which to choose) the stormtoopers are all over you. It ain't right. Anyway, I've vowed not to reduce the amount of tobacco available to guys over there when I've got so much.

So in 'celebration' of all this hoo haw I'll order a load of Happy Boogie and some Brown #2 Rope and call it good. Plus, I've got some 5 year old Dark Matter in both the Plug and Flake (both are stellar - get it? Dark Matter...stellar...oh, never mind) ...and then a buncha Lakeland stuff for when I need a floral fix...Glengarry, Conniston, Bracken, #7, etc., etc.

I just thought your discovery of that stuff was really cool. It's always fun to hear about something new, and the photo tour of the process was beyond excellent.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: I've got a bad feeling about this...   Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:16 pm

Pah, you think you're going to get away with that do ya, right then, the Chimps are off out to getcha, you asked for it BH, no-one rebukes the Chimp Boss-Man, this is WAR!!! Laughing I love you

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: I've got a bad feeling about this...   Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Nooooooooooooooo! Not the Flying Monkeys!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: I've got a bad feeling about this...   Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:06 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Nooooooooooooooo! Not the Flying Monkeys!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: I've got a bad feeling about this...   Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:27 pm

Whew! I thought it would be a flock of these things!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fishfuzz

Registration date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: I've got a bad feeling about this...   Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:41 am

Quit hijacking my thread! ;D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: I've got a bad feeling about this...   Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:01 am

What the well appointed Boston Bull Terrier couple wears while in Oz?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

PostSubject: Re: I've got a bad feeling about this...   Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:19 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile

I've got a bad feeling about this...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2