HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

International Pipe Smoking Day 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:56 pm

International Pipe Smoking Day is February 20th, 2013.

Do you have any special plans or traditions you are planning on?
Snow, rain, sleet, etc., is anything going to stop you from enjoying a bowl with your brothers around the globe?
I figure this can be a thread to talk about the upcoming pipe smoker's official Holiday and share pics or whatever from your festivities that day (and also a reminder, if you follow the thread, so you don't forget the day).
Here's the official facebook page for IPSD if you are interested : https://www.facebook.com/PipeDay

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:57 pm

Count me in, my Brother!

Come rain or shine, I'll be puffing away. That's a Wednesday, and I'll have that day off work.
I'll have to break out a special blend for that day. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:00 pm

I've been looking for a retailer to push out a blend for the day, but it seems Russ is failing us this year. I had hoped for a blend to pop up today so I could try and get it here before then but it seems there is no such luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:48 pm

Amateurs. I'll probably smoke a cigar that day.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pipe Smoker

Registration date : 2013-01-29

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:28 pm

I store a special tobacco for that day: Markovitch Smoking Mixture. Unfortunately, I have only the last 4 gram in zip lock bag, which will go in Don Floriani Olive wood pipe on that day! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:41 pm

Let's see... Last year I managed seven nations' worth of "international" pipes. I may have one or two others to add to the lineup this year.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:53 pm

Is there a Guinness World Record category for most pipes smoked at once? If not, we can create one, I'm sure. That'd be interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:37 pm

There is a joke to be had with that picture, but I think I'll leave it beetle to make. tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
lestrout

Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:46 pm

Usually I celebrate IPSD with the Northern NJ gang, but this year IPSD coincides with my home pipe club, Christopher Morley's PC in Philly. But I may take the run up to NYC to celebrate with them at De La Concha on the 23rd. Great idea about puffing pipes from different countries. Symbolic for sure.

hp
les

Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:06 pm

So, this proves you set the record for the most bowls of Borkum Riff at one time huh? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:36 am

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Amateurs. I'll probably smoke a cigar that day.

Cool

Don't make us hurt you Kyle.

BTW I contacted Pipes & Cigars they do have a blend coming out for ISPD. Why they release on ISPD is beyond me considering they could release like 2 weeks early and have that be their "official blend" for the day. Any how here is the response from them about the blend:

We do have a good blend coming out this year. it is called Darbyshire but I do not have any information on it yet. It will be released on the 20th though so you will not be able to get it until then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelhammer

Registration date : 2012-07-06

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:20 pm

George that is a great pic, but I deducted points for the unicorn shirt. Did you buy that out of state?

Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:12 pm

Kelhammer wrote:
George that is a great pic, but I deducted points for the unicorn shirt. Did you buy that out of state?

Andy

That shirt is so much win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
skaukatt

Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:02 pm

We sure do!!!

Read all about it and if fate would have you in our fair city, please be sure to join us, as always, ALL are welcome!!!

http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com/content.aspx?page_id=5&club_id=415823&item_id=21966

Lou

Last edited by skaukatt on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com
skaukatt

Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:05 pm

lestrout wrote:
Usually I celebrate IPSD with the Northern NJ gang, but this year IPSD coincides with my home pipe club, Christopher Morley's PC in Philly. But I may take the run up to NYC to celebrate with them at De La Concha on the 23rd. Great idea about puffing pipes from different countries. Symbolic for sure.

hp
les

Plan on it, Les! Peder Jeppesen of Neerup Pipes from Denmark will be joining us and afterwards we'll be heading over to Merchant's East or Circa Tabac, staying until we run out of matches!

Hope to see you then,

Lou
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:06 pm

Kelhammer wrote:
...I deducted points for the unicorn shirt. Did you buy that out of state?
Yeah. You can only find those in Indiana. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:46 pm

4 MORE DAYS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:28 pm

kaiser83 wrote:
4 MORE DAYS

I think I need to get some practice in!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:29 pm

That's a mighty fine idea. If you have never tried it, smoking Erinmore Flake and snuffing Sam Gawith Apricot at the same time is absolutely amazing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:45 pm

No, but there was someone here who ground up dry Erinmore and snuffed it. Doesn't sound half bad really.
i.keenum wrote:
There is a joke to be had with that picture, but I think I'll leave it beetle to make. tongue
Kyle already made it last year when I posted that pic.
Huh... Seems I still only have pipes from seven countries in my collection. You'd have thought in the last year I'd picked up something else. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lshines

Registration date : 2011-12-18

PostSubject: The CORPS will be celebrating..   Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:52 pm

The Conclave Of Richmond Pipe Smokers will be celebrating IPSD on the eve of ISPD (we're always cutting-edge ahead of everything important in the world!) on Tuesday evening, at Legend's Pub Brewery starting at 6:oo pm. You are welcome to join us there and celebrate pipe smoking, as well as enjoying the best ales in the world, and darn good food! We have the "smoking room" set aside, so we're going to have our own party! We participate in tobacco-swapping - just to let y'all faint of heart know - it sometimes gets to be quite a scene. As well, some of us show off our latest or oldest pipes, much to the concern of those whose PAD is supressed, it likely will arise to ridiculous levels! Join Craig, Bob, maybe geoff (navigating stolid Ned), Iron Mike, Lee (not Robert E. , but a Southern gentleman as well), Bucky, who is a HAPPY man lately (congratulations are appropriate!), Bob Hamlin's lost brother, and many others, with Amanda (oh, Amanda!) smiling (oh, that smile!) and serving. Beside Brown Ale, Legend is now serving Wee Scot and Bourbon Barrel ales!!! Rely on the hearty sirloin burger and the Pulled Pork sandwich to keep you warm - just the thing needed on a cold winter's night. Rounded out with a bowl of rich tobac to complete a fine evening - to celebrate ISPD!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:48 pm

The day is just a few short hours away gentlemen. Can we call for a 7 pipe day? But not all at once like George is going for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:58 pm

OH MAN ! Just 7 ? All Royal Yacht right ? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:00 pm

Hey it's your tongue. A man of your pipe smoking prowess should easily be able to have a pipe clenched from sun up to sun down without stopping. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: International Pipe Smoking Day 2013   Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:44 am

Working today. Don't know if I'll manage to fit in all seven. Maybe if I count the one I'm smoking right now in the wee hours of the morning I'll be close. I'd actually planned for some logyard time today at work, but the weather's taken a turn for the fierce.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

International Pipe Smoking Day 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next