HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Dating a Brigham?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Northern Neil

Registration date : 2012-12-27

PostSubject: Dating a Brigham?   Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:02 pm

My Dad just gave me his Brigham "three dot - 309" tapered straight apple. He knows he bought it in his University days, but not 100% sure on the year. Is there a way to date this pipe?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Dating a Brigham?   Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:36 pm

Short answer: Probably not.

I'm no Brigham expert, but there are ways of narrowing down a time-frame of when it was made. Earlier models have an aluminum tenon, whereas modern examples are fitted with delrin instead. I don't know exactly when that switch was made.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
geordiebooker

Registration date : 2013-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Dating a Brigham?   Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:14 pm

Check out these two links.....I'm sure if you cross reference you will get somewhere close.

Oops....

It looks like I can't post links as I'm a newbie....pm and I will sort give you them.

I would love to see a few pics of your Brigham......I have a couple on the way....a BNIB and an estate "sportsman".

Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Dating a Brigham?   Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:16 pm

Northern Neil wrote:
My Dad just gave me his Brigham "three dot - 309" tapered straight apple. He knows he bought it in his University days, but not 100% sure on the year. Is there a way to date this pipe?

I'd recommend you aim for a no-pressure, no-expectations sort of thing. Dinner and a movie, you know. Be polite but don't overdo it - she'll see right through you. Confidence is a plus, but don't drift into arrogance. Just be yourself, man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
geordiebooker

PostSubject: Re: Dating a Brigham?   Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:18 pm

idbowman wrote:
Northern Neil wrote:

I'd recommend you aim for a no-pressure, no-expectations sort of thing. Dinner and a movie, you know. Be polite but don't overdo it - she'll see right through you. Confidence is a plus, but don't drift into arrogance. Just be yourself, man.

Heeeheeehehehe........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
geordiebooker

PostSubject: Re: Dating a Brigham?   Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:35 am

Northern Neil....Can we have a few pics of the Brigham...especially the logo, numbers, any pat. no....does it have aluminium tenon or the newer delrin?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Dating a Brigham?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1