HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Developers, Programmers, or IT Professionals?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WarlockBob

Registration date : 2012-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Developers, Programmers, or IT Professionals?   Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:39 am

Wonderful stuff! Being as young as I am, I don't have much knowledge of the old beasts in the attics, but I have had to program in COBOL here at my job.... Flat file systems? What were they thinking? Razz

What about favorite OS/languages?

I'm going with Linux and Python right now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Developers, Programmers, or IT Professionals?   Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:13 pm

WarlockBob wrote:

Back in the day: Clipper 5.xx, GW Basic, a little C++, and low-level Assembly.
Today: nothing at all unless I absolutely have to, then it's Visual Basic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy Lowry

Registration date : 2013-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Developers, Programmers, or IT Professionals?   Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:21 pm

WarlockBob wrote:
Wonderful stuff! Being as young as I am, I don't have much knowledge of the old beasts in the attics, but I have had to program in COBOL here at my job.... Flat file systems? What were they thinking?     Razz

I'm going with Linux and Python right now

The accounting software used by my employer is COBOL. It can be turned into a database via Liant's Relativity, which then renders everything unreliable. Very Happy  We've learned to leave it as it is. It might be old, but it's solid, which can also be said of my favorite OS and language: Unix and C.

Last edited by Andy Lowry on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Oops.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Developers, Programmers, or IT Professionals?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Technology-
Jump to: