HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

RE: Possible tax pipe tobacco

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: RE: Possible tax pipe tobacco   Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:55 pm

As I read more and more about availability, I begin to think about what the taxes will do to the pipe and pipe tobacco and cigar industries. Obviously the first thing smokers will do is cut back, cut down. They will cut down in direct proportion to what they can still afford. Most right now can smoke what they like when they like, at least in the pipe world. Cigar smoking, right now for me was cost prohibiting. I was buying $200 boxes for 20 or 25 smokes. 2 or 3 cigars/day was too rich for me. Pipe smokers have been blessed as so long as their careful about the pipes they buy, it has been affordable. But what are either industries going to do about a 20% or more cut in sales? This will no doubt cause major change. The cigarette companies are so big and have so much money that they can readjust without shutting down; not so E.P. Carillo or Solani, or so I would think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: RE: Possible tax pipe tobacco   Wed May 01, 2013 12:51 am

Is it wrong that I immensely enjoy my new found borrowed word "pollywonker"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: RE: Possible tax pipe tobacco   Wed May 01, 2013 6:01 am

Glad you like. As a made-up word it can mean whatever you decide that it means. I was trying for:

1) polly/policy or many
2) wonker/maker, as in "policy wonks," i.e. Bill Clinton's ability to deftly formulate public policy
3) wonker/wanker

I was trying to say that antis' public policy was akin to wanking; nothing quite so insulting as to out someone's private pleasure, using it to belittle their so-called otherwise legitimate action.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

RE: Possible tax pipe tobacco
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2