HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What are/will be the "classics" of the future?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
geordiebooker

Registration date : 2013-02-16

PostSubject: Re: What are/will be the "classics" of the future?   Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:22 pm

Yet still very informative.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: What are/will be the "classics" of the future?   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:03 pm

I'm glad someone found a 4x4 Gremlin, I knew I'd seen one before. They're too awesome not to jack-up and make a redneck rig out of, right?

The "newly-introduced" I even went so far as to interpret as old companies and there new lines, or new ways of making their pipes compared to that of old. It was kind of an innocently loaded question, but boy did it throw us into discussionville quickly.

Mussolini hoped German ownership would help him out, too...I'm not surprised it's now "LamBORGhini" ...good luck to the krauts... Laughing I haven't kept up on supercars since I was 12... my info's a bit out of date.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What are/will be the "classics" of the future?   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:15 pm

Prediction : NeoClassical.

Anybody not invested in the hype can see the last 30 or so years as more a playground than an artistic era. People buy the stuff, so people make it. But when the double-brested suit moment comes, it'll be over.

Hold the Flying Esquimo Foot, please. Twisted Evil

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: What are/will be the "classics" of the future?   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:57 pm

...isn't this the "artistic flair" going a step farther than what happened with the freehand styles that popped up 30 years ago? That was the first set of shapes that really took root as contrary to the classical shapes, to my reckon. Not an argument one way or the other, just an observation. Artistry is always trendy, that's why classics are classics...shape-wise, anyway. As for consistently good product from a good maker? *shrug* I dunno.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What are/will be the "classics" of the future?   Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:21 pm

Yeah. In contemporary use, "artists" are whatever clowns the record company are promoting this week. I see that in pipes. A lot.

An artist can make a truly beautiful billiard. Or an apple. Or a prince. Freehand.

There aren't many of them.

What a Face
Back to top Go down

What are/will be the "classics" of the future?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4