HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

It's gonna be close to 80F in Reno today.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: It's gonna be close to 80F in Reno today.    Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:56 pm

Some say 75F, some say 79F... considering it went down to 9F on my porch a week and a half ago, welcome to the Great Basin's typical version of "spring." Laughing

Too bad my pops is laid up with some kind of strep throat/bronchitis or we'd be working right now!

I think we're gonna organize a little outside Tinder Box get together this afternoon. Pisses off the candy store down the way, but meh, they have doors.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: It's gonna be close to 80F in Reno today.    Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:45 pm

It's almost warm enough to warrant a visit Wink

Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: It's gonna be close to 80F in Reno today.    Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:49 pm

Go for it, Kyle! Make the best of the day and smoke one for me. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: It's gonna be close to 80F in Reno today.    Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:51 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
It's almost warm enough to warrant a visit Wink

I dunno, Pee Dee, you can still see snow in the mountains... ooOOooOoooo scaaaaaaary! Your flip-flops are whining. I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: It's gonna be close to 80F in Reno today.    Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:38 pm

Flip flops are for gurly men. We Baja Oregonian Men wear juaraches! Cool Often ten months out of the year Laughing

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: It's gonna be close to 80F in Reno today.    Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:40 pm

With socks, I hope. Just in case the temperatures drop a degree or two... brrrr!

Baja Oregonian... wtf? lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: It's gonna be close to 80F in Reno today.    Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:03 pm

Yeah, you know, Nor Cal, Baja Oregon, same thing.

Knee high black socks with juaraches are only allowed once you've reached the age of 75 ( ask Monbla), and even then, only when worn with full battle regalia - Bermuda shorts held up with suspenders, Hawaiian shirt over a white wife beater tank top, giant plastic rectangle sunglasses with full side shields, and beat up straw derby of some sort. Pipe or cigar mandatory. Smile

Kashmir

Registration date : 2012-11-21

PostSubject: Re: It's gonna be close to 80F in Reno today.    Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:31 pm

Sounds downright pleasant. Freezing my tale off here on the porch in northern NJ. Jeeze the things I'll put up with for the sake of a smoke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.eboehm.com/
somedumbjerk

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: It's gonna be close to 80F in Reno today.    Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:41 pm

I was in Fresno for the past few days, it was hot! Got to enjoy a nice smoke at the cigars ltd lounge though. Worth a visit for sure. Hope you enjoyed your smoke Kyle! Springs a comin'!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: It's gonna be close to 80F in Reno today.    Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:24 am

When I got off work this morning it was a balmy 4 degrees Shocked I am ready for srping!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: It's gonna be close to 80F in Reno today.    Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:47 am

91 in Phoenix today. It was 87 yesterday. Sure enjoyed my one week of spring
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: It's gonna be close to 80F in Reno today.    Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:38 am

We've already had 4 days of 80+ deg so far and it'll probably hit it again tommorrow and Sat. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: It's gonna be close to 80F in Reno today.    Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:11 pm

[quote="Kyle Weiss"]I think we're gonna organize a little outside Tinder Box get together this afternoon. Pisses off the candy store down the way, but meh, they have doors. :mrgreen:

8)
[/quote]

Candy kills! Surprised they would allow this "store" type of thing, even in Nevada, where the children might see it. Tsk, tsk. :evil:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: It's gonna be close to 80F in Reno today.    Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:52 pm

Well, Nevada is a whole wedge-shaped state of ill-repute, so long as Puff Daddy isn't gonna come over here and start making it city law to wear sandals and only be able to paint houses the same three colors. Laughing That's what Californians do, you know. Because that's how they do it in California. Duh. Laughing I love you

Meanwhile, yesterday was fascinating.

My optometrist spent 20 minutes trying to tell me my eyesight couldn't be corrected past 20/70, and if it got worse, I'd be declared legally blind. He had no explanation for it, and I was about ready to go off the deep end. Suddenly, he put me into some temporary contacts (-10/-10 Rx, which is about the highest myopia correction possible in soft contacts) and to his amazement, I saw 20/20. He swears the machines weren't broken. I almost hit him, because my dwindling future began playing itself in ugly ways with the prior news, but poof, everything's fine! Surprise! Very Happy What a dick. Neutral

My mother also was kind of going off the deep end. Swears she's gonna die one way or the other this year. Whatever mom. Sure, I'll take your food stamp reapplication to the welfare office for ya. Okay mom. Are your meds working? Are you taking them? Great, mom. Bye, mom. *sigh*

I found myself at Tinder Box. We had a small hangout, couple-a great cigars, then expanded our party to one of the guys' dining rooms, where we played "Progressive Rummy" (what a game that is...took forever!) and a card game called "Garbage" until almost 1AM... We smoked, we drank, we had a great time.

Today: a titch overcast, but pushing 60F... I'll take it.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: It's gonna be close to 80F in Reno today.    Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:22 pm

Socks have definitely become optional within the last few days in So.Cal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: It's gonna be close to 80F in Reno today.    Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:59 am

Man, we didn't even get snow here until mid-January, now it just keeps coming and coming, complicating my commute and continuously postponing our annual Big Thaw Cookout. It's like winter is the guy you expect to be at the party early, who keeps calling all night to say he's on his way. Now when things are winding down and everyone's trying to chill out with some nostalgic '90s trip-hop, he's screaming drunk and hitting on your friends while head butting holes in your drywall. Winter's really being a dick this year. It's as if all the--- Wait. Oh crap! I gotta go. I think Winter's drunk-dialing my ex-wife.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

It's gonna be close to 80F in Reno today.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1