HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Gents and Gentettes. RE: disappearing threads

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Gents and Gentettes. RE: disappearing threads   Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:20 pm

It's came to our attention that there has been some stress relating to 'disappearing' threads.
Short of extreme (and I do mean extreme) rules violations very few post are actually deleted. They are usually moved to the Rubber Room. The Rubber Room is a closed section of the forum accessible via the 'Joining The Asylum' sub-forum located at the bottom most section of the main sub-forums list.

If you've had a thread 'disappear' chances are it was moved there for whatever reason. In the past we've just moved them without much thought, not realizing that some didn't know what happened and assumed their thread was deleted. In the future we are going to try to leave "Moved" tags to show threads that were moved..

For those that can't seem to understand that their post about Jewish Jackrabbits being eaten by communist bears or whatever silliness in non appropriate sub forums, and for those that seem to revel in getting threads moved by forcing them into political, religious, or personal attacks please be aware that YOU are causing your board friends confusion, anger, and otherwise less than optimal experience during their time at BoB. It is not appreciated. It makes the argument that Pipe folk are more laid back, productive and wise members of society kinda hard to swallow. It makes pipes look bad, it makes pipers look bad, it makes BoB look bad. I know I'm guilty as sin also, but please think just a second whether your post makes BoB a better place before hitting that send button.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Gents and Gentettes. RE: disappearing threads   Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:13 am

Civility rules on BoB. Thank goodness. After posting here for a long time I have developed an inner stink-o-meter which is hard to ignore. It helps keeps me from disrespectful posts. In the same vein if someone crosses a line with me, my first reply is mostly analytical but less and less so the longer the affront lasts. Of course what I'd rather do is lash out with some statement close to "you pig-shit piece of buzzard palaver," but as I value the even, thoughtful tone of this venue, usually self-edit.

Thanks to the mods for swift removal of that guy whose name can no longer be uttered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Doody

Registration date : 2012-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Gents and Gentettes. RE: disappearing threads   Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:23 am

Jewish Jackrabbits? I don't even want to know!

This is not a public place, guys. The "Bill of Privileges" only goes so far here. This is a private forum and if you can't behave to the standards of the folks who own it, ya gotta go elsewhere. Simple as that!

Thank you to PB and all the mods and everyone else who keeps BoB going. I frequent 3-4 pipe forums on the intertubez, and BoB is easily my fave. Y'all are good people :-) .

I'll go check out PSF for some "Jewish Jackrabbit" stories ;-) ;-) .

Xoxo,
Doody
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Gents and Gentettes. RE: disappearing threads   Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:22 pm

On one end, common senses' uncommon appearance nods to selfish folks. The other half are just retarded. The rest of us manage along just fine, or if we can't, take it PM or reconvene in the Rubber Room. We're a big family, we're here to try and sit & chill out. If a member thinks it's okay to throw food at the dinner table because they like throwing food at the dinner table, may they find their kind elsewhere.

BoB is the most relaxed forum I've been allowed into. I've been a moderator of some forums and kicked out of others. Often I leave them after a year or so because they change drastically with the new guard, new crowds and/or lack of content and control. BoB? I see no reason to leave. If they can put up with me, and I with the very few rules here, that's sayin' something: it ain't that difficult. It's why I don't bother going to other pipe forums, spare Kirk's "Fellowship." Other places usually the same crowds with different rules and moderation, so why bother? Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Gents and Gentettes. RE: disappearing threads   Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:34 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
On one end, common senses' uncommon appearance nods to selfish folks. The other half are just retarded. Cool

So which category do you and I fall under? Suspect [Ducks incoming half eaten chicken wing]

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Gents and Gentettes. RE: disappearing threads   Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:38 pm

We swap roles when needed. For example, I imagined a flock of ducks all descending for a fight over a half-eaten chicken wing when I first read that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Gents and Gentettes. RE: disappearing threads   Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:39 pm

I think the mods do a good job with a difficult job.

That said, if a guest keeps pissing on peoples shoes....maybe the search for where the problem lies should begin within ones self.

Just a thought. One that I try to apply to myself.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Gents and Gentettes. RE: disappearing threads
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1