HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Anyone looking for an estate Peterson?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Anyone looking for an estate Peterson?   Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:13 pm

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for an estate Peterson?   Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:34 pm

Looks like somebody really liked Petersons !

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for an estate Peterson?   Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:06 pm

I picked up the black sandblasted Mark Twain set yesterday.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for an estate Peterson?   Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:13 pm

Nice selection of Systems there and at some decent prices Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim_McD

Registration date : 2012-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for an estate Peterson?   Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:09 pm

That is quite a pile of estates! I bookmarked that site, just in case a must have pops up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for an estate Peterson?   Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:27 am

Thats a lifetime of aromatics smoked in those.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Slide

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for an estate Peterson?   Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:04 am

gravel wrote:

Wasn't it though? Seems like every one of them listed had aromatics smoked out of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim_McD

Registration date : 2012-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for an estate Peterson?   Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:51 am

Slide wrote:
gravel wrote:

Wasn't it though? Seems like every one of them listed had aromatics smoked out of them.

A little salt, a little alcohol and some english blend - it wont remember Captain Black's name
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattia76

Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for an estate Peterson?   Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:15 pm

I managed to snag a couple of these:
-A Twain Poker and
-an XL02 System

Can't wait to get 'em.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for an estate Peterson?   Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:24 pm

mattia76 wrote:
I managed to snag a couple of these:
-A Twain Poker and
-an XL02 System

Can't wait to get 'em.

Did you get the smooth poker or the rusticated?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for an estate Peterson?   Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:02 pm

Those are nice.
I had to keep reminding myself that I don't like vulcanite... Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for an estate Peterson?   Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:27 pm

I had to keep reminding myself I don't like P Lips.

Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for an estate Peterson?   Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:32 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
I had to keep reminding myself I don't like P Lips.

Ha!
Yeah, I don't know what to make of those.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for an estate Peterson?   Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:35 pm

Gimmick, but they sell.

Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for an estate Peterson?   Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:41 pm

Snagged a Mark Twain. Always wanted a Deluxe bent but hate the saddle bit. Twains are tapered, hence he made a sale. Will try to learn to live with the P-lip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for an estate Peterson?   Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Wow! That's a ton of Petersons. I wonder why they got rid of them. It's a great looking collection. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
BriarBlues

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Peterson's   Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:20 pm

Good Day All;

Thanks for visiting the site.

I have listed many as having "aromatics" smoked in them as there is just a hint of "sweetness" in each pipe. From the strength of the fragrance I suspect it would take very few bowls to rid each pipe of it's ghosts.

The reason for quantity is sadly due to the collectors health. This collector has been instructed that he must quit smoking 100%. Thus he has sent us these Peterson's. Prior he sent a large selection of Castello's, Radice's, Savinelli's, and Cavicchi's. I believe that was his whole collection, totaling just under 200 pipes.

Again, Thanks for visiting the site.

Regards
Michael J. Glukler
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.briarblues.com
Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for an estate Peterson?   Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:00 pm

BriarBlues wrote:
The reason for quantity is sadly due to the collectors health. This collector has been instructed that he must quit smoking 100%.

That really is too bad.
He had really good taste in pipes, and it must have been a sad day when he had to let them go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for an estate Peterson?   Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:34 am

Just got my Mark Twain bent. I'm smoking an English in it right now and it is awesome! The draw with the P-lip is absolutely wide open, no whistle, nuthin'. I wonder if the old boy had it worked on? My only other P-lip is a pain in the butt as far as draw goes. I like the way it hangs; you almost don't need teeth. The aromatic scent came on rather strong about a quarter of the way down the bowl, then seems to have disappeared. No problem with that, as far as I can tell. This is going to be one of my very best pipes. I'd bet my left gizzard on it.

(No pics. If you've seen one, you've seen 'em all. Plus I can't seem to post photos the way I used to. Nor do the emoticons work. Nor does the "quote" thing work the way it used to. What's up wid dat? The only thing I remember doing is dumping Java script or Java something. Doesn't really matter anyhow.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Slide

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for an estate Peterson?   Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:56 am

Both of mine arrived yesterday as well. Very nice pipes!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looking for an estate Peterson?   Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:25 am

They all look to be in very nice condition and the prices are certainly fair. Unfortunately system pipes are not for me. Great collection.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Anyone looking for an estate Peterson?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1