HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Pipes and Cigars

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars   Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:00 pm

I think that one aspect of the pipe that really appeals to me, is the overall personal satisfaction I get from smoking a pipe. I say this, because smoking a pipe properly and experiencing a great smoke, is no easy feat.

At first, everything that can go wrong usually does. Then, little by little, you refine your technique, find the right tobaccos, and learn individually how to dry and load them in the pipe.

To me it seems that ribbon cuts are easiest to dry and smoke, so it is a given that flakes are a more advanced tobacco to learn to smoke properly.

I think for the pipeman who is willing to stick out the steep learning curve, the pipe will be much more rewarding than a cigar.

Plus, it really chaps my ass to pay $17 for a cigar that burns unevenly, when I could have had a tin of Christmas Cheer for the same amount of money.

Additionally, I get much more satisfaction placing a new pipe in the rack, vs. placing a new box of cigars in the humidor. Just the thought that I won't have anything left after I smoke the box of cigars is kinda a bummer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars   Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:03 pm

Through their automated process, I was solicited to review a tobacco. So, I did. Gave it 2 stars and attempted to be both critical and positive where deserved. Apparently, the process isn't as automated as I assumed. The review has never been posted to the site, though I did successfully submit it. Causes me to question how legitimate the reviews are on the site. Amazon is infamous for the reviews being less than trustworthy. We're supposed to assume, in 2016, to not believe anything we read on the internet. Fine. I get it. But there is something especially wonky about a site that filters negative reviews, or at least limits the number of negative reviews. There are three other 2-star ratings. Maybe four is too many? I'm not much of a fan of the conspiracy theorist types, so on another level this is bugging me. I don't want to be that guy, but here I am. Don't solicit reviews if you have a system that screws with the numbers and/or opinions. Pretty simple. I can't understand any other explanation for why it hasn't posted. It's been a while now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars   Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:58 pm

Zeno Marx wrote:
Through their automated process, I was solicited to review a tobacco.  So, I did.  Gave it 2 stars and attempted to be both critical and positive where deserved.  Apparently, the process isn't as automated as I assumed.  The review has never been posted to the site, though I did successfully submit it.  Causes me to question how legitimate the reviews are on the site.  Amazon is infamous for the reviews being less than trustworthy.  We're supposed to assume, in 2016, to not believe anything we read on the internet.  Fine.  I get it.  But there is something especially wonky about a site that filters negative reviews, or at least limits the number of negative reviews.  There are three other 2-star ratings.  Maybe four is too many?  I'm not much of a fan of the conspiracy theorist types, so on another level this is bugging me.  I don't want to be that guy, but here I am.  Don't solicit reviews if you have a system that screws with the numbers and/or opinions.  Pretty simple.  I can't understand any other explanation for why it hasn't posted.  It's been a while now.

And this has how to do with your choice of either cigars/pipes ?  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars   Thu May 25, 2017 5:22 pm

Anyone else having problems with their website crashing your browser? I can't do anything on their site without it crashing Firefox. Indefinite lockup. I guess I won't be ordering from P&C. But yeah, anyone else running into problems there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars   Fri May 26, 2017 12:40 pm

Works for me, with Firefox. Loaded and unloaded cart. Man, most of the stuff I want is backordered. Wonder what's going on there? Smells like liquidation to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars   Fri May 26, 2017 12:56 pm

Richard Burley wrote:
Works for me, with Firefox. Loaded and unloaded cart. Man, most of the stuff I want is backordered. Wonder what's going on there? Smells like liquidation to me.

That has been my inference as well. Nothing restocked, sales on 'their most popular stuff' that I've not heard of that is half price, Or special pricing that is the same as most other retailer's regular prices. Packaging bulk offerings in tins.

Do you smell that?

BOGO's on pipes soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars   Fri May 26, 2017 3:02 pm

Thanks. I'll look into it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lysander

Registration date : 2014-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars   Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:51 pm

I smoke both but enjoy a pipe more. I tend to smoke a cigar when a pipe is too inconvenient like when mowing grass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

PostSubject: Re: Pipes and Cigars   Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:31 pm

HA! What a bonehead move I done did here. Context is everything...and I missed it with a bellyflop into an empty pool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Pipes and Cigars
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: