HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

I'm looking for a Mario Grandi Pipe, your thoughts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Purple Gorilla

Registration date : 2012-12-27

PostSubject: I'm looking for a Mario Grandi Pipe, your thoughts?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:11 pm

I am a big fan of the larger pipes, I mainly smoke aromatic blends, and I am also a large man that doesn't feel right smoking a small pipe. (Except my medicos, for some reason I love those little fellers)

I have heard many good things about Mario Grandi's giant pipes and was wondering if you guys have anything to add to those comments?

I was also wondering what other brands of pipes make good, not too expensive large pipes?

Let me know what you guys think.

Fred
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a Mario Grandi Pipe, your thoughts?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:14 pm

You could pick up any of the Savinelli EX series of shapes. Quite sizable I'm told. Most of the Nording freehands also have fairly large bowls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
The Purple Gorilla

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a Mario Grandi Pipe, your thoughts?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:57 pm

I have a large savinelli, and a handful of Nording Giants. my favorite large pipes so far are my johs pipes, but I would like to expand into different brands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jefe1037

Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a Mario Grandi Pipe, your thoughts?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:03 pm

out if principle, i must mention the macarthur by missouri meerschaum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Purple Gorilla

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a Mario Grandi Pipe, your thoughts?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:24 pm

I have one of them too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a Mario Grandi Pipe, your thoughts?   Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:04 am

I have a Mario Grandi. Great eBay seller - quick delivery. The pipe itself is a large straight billiard, smokes ok and no production issues. Great value for money.

Fraternally

Jers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a Mario Grandi Pipe, your thoughts?   Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:33 am

I have several Mario Grandi pipes, and my only complaint has been some rushed stem work. Issues such as the button being uneven, or some file marks not completely buffed out before shipping. Also I have one where the drilling is off center, but I also have a Ferndown with the same issue, and I don't feel that it affects the smoking quality one bit.

Everyone here knows of my affection for Moretti pipes, and when it comes to larger pipes, no one does it better than Marco Biagini.

Here are a few vids of some of his larger pipes, as well as a link to his website and ebay page.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/bima1960/m.html?item=290847111406&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

http://www.pipemoretti.com/

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Purple Gorilla

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for a Mario Grandi Pipe, your thoughts?   Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:40 pm

those look awesome! thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I'm looking for a Mario Grandi Pipe, your thoughts?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1