HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Stanwell pipe finish/varnish problem...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Isagar

Registration date : 2013-04-15

PostSubject: Stanwell pipe finish/varnish problem...   Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:48 am

Recently I purchased a new Stanwell POY 2008 smooth finished pipe. While it is a great smoker and all, I found that the finish/varnish comes off a bit every time it touches anything thats wet, such as sweaty hands.

I owns about a hand full of smooth pipes and this is my only stanwell and the only one with such a problem. The finish is of a dark red color.

Does anyone have any similar experiences and can share some light as to how to deal with it? I would really like to polish it but I'm afraid the hard rubbing from the cloth is gonna strip off all the color.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Stanwell pipe finish/varnish problem...   Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:32 am

This is a semi-common problem with the red finishes that Stanwell has been using lately. It seems to only affect red pipes. The stain will bleed for the first 10-15 smokes but should cease over time. It is really nothing to be concerned about.

I have a featherweight poker that did the same thing to me. It doesn't bleed now that it is nice and seasoned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
Isagar

Registration date : 2013-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Stanwell pipe finish/varnish problem...   Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:08 am

Thanks for the reply, greatly appreciate it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Stanwell pipe finish/varnish problem...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1