HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Thu May 02, 2013 6:08 am

I like the billiard more than the freehand; the latter, for my tastes, is overdone, too many angles in a too novel shape. On the other hand it has ample geometry and overall balance. The billiard is more or less a straight but has enough curvature of the shank and stem to add interest. It's very well done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Thu May 02, 2013 2:54 pm

More great work... your wild stuff is truly wild, artful and well done, and your classics have a "modern flair" but still keep it simple. Please, keep posting pictures of your work, if anything. Smile Eye candy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
m.nazarenko

Registration date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Wed May 08, 2013 1:59 pm

alfredo_buscatti wrote:
I like the billiard more than the freehand; the latter, for my tastes, is overdone, too many angles in a too novel shape. On the other hand it has ample geometry and overall balance. The billiard is more or less a straight but has enough curvature of the shank and stem to add interest. It's very well done.

Alfredo_buscatti,
I do understand your opinion about the freehand, because it is really uncommon and varied pipe. And it is a pleasure that you caught its geometry and saw the balance. Thank you for your criticism against the freehand as well as the kind words about billiard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nazarenko.uanet.biz/
m.nazarenko

PostSubject: Re: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Wed May 08, 2013 1:59 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
More great work... your wild stuff is truly wild, artful and well done, and your classics have a "modern flair" but still keep it simple. Please, keep posting pictures of your work, if anything. Smile Eye candy.

Kyle,
I like your expression about the classics: “modern flair”! It sounds very beautiful. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
m.nazarenko

PostSubject: Re: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Wed May 08, 2013 2:17 pm

Hello Everyone!
May I bring to your attention two more pipes?

The first one:
1206 Sandblasted Tomato

.... and the second one:
1207 Sandblasted Tomato

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
alfredo_buscatti

PostSubject: Re: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Wed May 08, 2013 9:56 pm

Last two pipes are gorgeous. I love how the stain stays within one color but accents itself with variations of that color.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Thu May 09, 2013 8:34 pm

I'm very impressed on the artistry and design of the freehands. They aren't my style but are things of beauty.

The classic shapes are rendered flawlessly. Again, I'm very impressed!

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Thu May 09, 2013 9:20 pm

Wow, some fabulous work. I particularly like this classic shape from your archives:

I see from your website the vendor partners who sell your creations, those are some very fine shops (Quality Briar, etc.). It was interesting to read your bio as well. Thanks for sharing your pieces here!

This detail about your work, from the Quality Briar site says a lot about your work:

Quote :
When was the last time you came across an upcoming artisan that polished his tobacco chambers and draft holes to a near mirror finish? This is usually a detail we associate with the four and five figure pipes coming from the very best carvers working today.

I noticed the interior treatment of the bowls but forgot to mention that detail. Outstanding work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Thu May 09, 2013 11:50 pm

m.nazarenko wrote:
It`s time of freehand!

1306 Smooth Freehand Reverse Calabash

Thank you for your opinion in advance!

I could spend a lot of time looking at this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
m.nazarenko

PostSubject: Re: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Thu May 16, 2013 10:06 am

alfredo_buscatti wrote:
Last two pipes are gorgeous. I love how the stain stays within one color but accents itself with variations of that color.

alfredo_buscatti,
Thank you! You always take notice of what I wanted to express in my pipes and it is the highest praise for me.
Back to top Go down
m.nazarenko

PostSubject: Re: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Thu May 16, 2013 10:10 am

RR,
Thank you for your kind words!

Quote :
I'm very impressed on the artistry and design of the freehands. They aren't my style but are things of beauty.

It is very important to be complemented by a person who prefers the pipes of another style.

Quote :
The classic shapes are rendered flawlessly. Again, I'm very impressed!

I began my “pipe-making- way” in 2008 with making the classic shapes. And now I come to the conclusion that the classic shapes in which one can identify the minimum of lines are the hardest but the most interesting to render. I love to make classics very much.
Back to top Go down
m.nazarenko

PostSubject: Re: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Thu May 16, 2013 10:14 am

riff raff wrote:
Wow, some fabulous work. I particularly like this classic shape from your archives:

I see from your website the vendor partners who sell your creations, those are some very fine shops (Quality Briar, etc.). It was interesting to read your bio as well. Thanks for sharing your pieces here!

This detail about your work, from the Quality Briar site says a lot about your work:

Quote :
When was the last time you came across an upcoming artisan that polished his tobacco chambers and draft holes to a near mirror finish? This is usually a detail we associate with the four and five figure pipes coming from the very best carvers working today.

I noticed the interior treatment of the bowls but forgot to mention that detail. Outstanding work.

riff raff,
Thank you! I do pay much attention to engineering of a pipe in deed. As for me, it is not less important than a shape and a finish of a pipe. I am completely persuaded that my client must get the maximum of my talent for his/her money.
Thank you very much that you spent your time and paid a lot of attention to my work.
Back to top Go down
m.nazarenko

PostSubject: Re: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Thu May 16, 2013 10:15 am

Harlock999 wrote:

I could spend a lot of time looking at this!

Harlock999,
Thank you! One of my goals is giving some joy to people. So, if you have got aesthetic pleasure looking at that freehand, it means that it was made not for nothing.
Back to top Go down
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Thu May 16, 2013 7:21 pm

"Not my personal style, but really nicely done. Soft styling, plenty of motion and energy captured in poise, delicate-looking but obviously sturdy. Very Happy I am kind of digging, the more I look at it, the Lovat, though."
DITTO!
Beautiful work, stunning in fact!
Thanks or sharing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
m.nazarenko

PostSubject: Re: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Fri May 17, 2013 6:47 am

pepesdad1,
Thank you! I will keep on sharing...

...right now three more pipes.

the first one, Smooth Billiard:

the second one, Sandblasted Billiard, 1210:

and the third pipe, Sandblasted Freehand, 1212:

Thanks for your opinion in advance!
Back to top Go down
pepesdad1

PostSubject: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Fri May 17, 2013 7:48 am

Beautiful....straight grain billiard is just breath taking...would love to own that one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

PostSubject: Re: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Fri May 17, 2013 10:20 am

Again the monochromatic two-tone staining. Gorgeous! The freehand is very inventive. It seems when you make freehands you really push for a creative design, perhaps something that hasn't been done before?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Sat May 18, 2013 5:27 pm

Very unique shapes IMHO and fine craftsmanship. I like what you have done with the freehand shapes. You have managed to really let the grain of the briar flow with the shape. The final polish, fit and finish look flawless. Well done indeed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RD

Registration date : 2012-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Wed May 22, 2013 8:42 am

I am a very happy customer of Maksim's. I first came across his pipes about a year ago through Nick Miller's Quality Briar site and I now own six, including two of the ones Maksim showed earlier in this thread.

I can say that all of mine are engineered and carved with extreme precision, and they all smoke wonderfully. He clearly takes enormous care to make his pipes just right in every detail. It is a particularly nice feeling to put a pipecleaner through one of his pipes and feel it glide effortlessly to the bowl because of the polished airway. I think if you like the style of Maksim's pipes they are fantastic value. I believe you would have to pay a great deal of money to find another pipe with this kind of engineering perfection. I also think the texture of Maksim's sandblasts, the quality of his stem carving, and the precision of his shaping are outstanding.

Some of Maksim's recent and more artistic shapes are not really to my taste, but that's a personal thing and I applaud Maksim's willingness to experiment and develop his art. The way I think about Maksim's pipes is that they are made for everyday smoking and comfort, but have a level of internal engineering perfection that is far beyond this price range. That combination is something I think Maksim does better than anyone else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

PostSubject: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Wed May 22, 2013 9:50 am

I can see I will have to start saving my $$ to get one of these outstandingly perfect pipes. This is a true craftsman of the old school way of doing things (making it perfect). Thanks for the pictures and for tugging at the heartstrings with these beautiful creations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Wed May 22, 2013 12:19 pm

The first horn is awesome! I love the billiards too.

Beautiful pipes!
Back to top Go down
m.nazarenko

PostSubject: Re: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Fri May 24, 2013 11:06 am

pepesdad1 wrote:
Beautiful....straight grain billiard is just breath taking...would love to own that one.
Pepesdad1,
Thank you! There is no obstacle for this. I would be pleased to make a pipe for you. Don’t hesitate to write me a message.
Back to top Go down
m.nazarenko

PostSubject: Re: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Fri May 24, 2013 11:19 am

alfredo_buscatti wrote:
Again the monochromatic two-tone staining. Gorgeous! The freehand is very inventive. It seems when you make freehands you really push for a creative design, perhaps something that hasn't been done before?
Alfredo_buscatti,
Thank you. It is rather difficult and even almost impossible to make something absolutely new… more exactly I do synthesize my own ideas with great heritage of the craftsmen of the old school.
Now I am working on several freehands in the same spirit that the last one I showed here (1212). They will be its development and evolution.
Back to top Go down
m.nazarenko

PostSubject: Re: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Fri May 24, 2013 11:20 am

Mikem wrote:
Very unique shapes IMHO and fine craftsmanship. I like what you have done with the freehand shapes. You have managed to really let the grain of the briar flow with the shape. The final polish, fit and finish look flawless. Well done indeed.
Mikem,
Thank you for your noting all these details. In a large measure it is merit of the craftsmen whom I consider as my spiritual leaders, I mean the craftsmen of the old school.
Back to top Go down
m.nazarenko

PostSubject: Re: Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko   Fri May 24, 2013 11:22 am

RD wrote:
I am a very happy customer of Maksim's. I first came across his pipes about a year ago through Nick Miller's Quality Briar site and I now own six, including two of the ones Maksim showed earlier in this thread.

I can say that all of mine are engineered and carved with extreme precision, and they all smoke wonderfully. He clearly takes enormous care to make his pipes just right in every detail. It is a particularly nice feeling to put a pipecleaner through one of his pipes and feel it glide effortlessly to the bowl because of the polished airway. I think if you like the style of Maksim's pipes they are fantastic value. I believe you would have to pay a great deal of money to find another pipe with this kind of engineering perfection. I also think the texture of Maksim's sandblasts, the quality of his stem carving, and the precision of his shaping are outstanding.

Some of Maksim's recent and more artistic shapes are not really to my taste, but that's a personal thing and I applaud Maksim's willingness to experiment and develop his art. The way I think about Maksim's pipes is that they are made for everyday smoking and comfort, but have a level of internal engineering perfection that is far beyond this price range. That combination is something I think Maksim does better than anyone else.

Richard,
Thank you for your detailed post and praise. I actually blushed Embarassed
It would be a pleasure for me, if my pipes could give rise to such feelings which you described in all and every owner of my pipes.
Back to top Go down

Pipes by Maksim Nazarenko
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: Ye Olde Pipe Rack-
Jump to: