HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Join me in welcoming the new Family Member

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Join me in welcoming the new Family Member   Wed May 08, 2013 6:49 pm

A 2007 Honda Reflex and her name is Susie. Cool

I bought it today for below-book value. It only has 2,8xx original miles on it and came with the trunk box. Perfect condition, great tires, new battery, solid as a rock, and liquid-cooled Honda reliability. Found it on Craigslist and had to drive 1 1/2 hours to pick it up, but it was well worth it. My dad drove me up to the St. Louis area and I drove the Honda home. I just couldn't pass this one up, plus it's the right time of year. It came from an older gentleman (in his 60's), who had purchased it brand new, with recently developing health issues and he can't ride anymore.

Last edited by Rob_In_MO on Wed May 08, 2013 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Join me in welcoming the new Family Member   Wed May 08, 2013 6:57 pm

Rob, you are most likely going to recoup your money in gas savings if you ride that baby enough. Surprisingly, they can top out on speed on the interstate a lot higher than most people would think.

Congrats on a very cool scoot Rob! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Join me in welcoming the new Family Member   Wed May 08, 2013 8:44 pm

How big is that Rob? Is it a large scooter or a mid sized bike? Displacement?

Looks cool, I'd ride it Smile

Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Join me in welcoming the new Family Member   Wed May 08, 2013 9:03 pm

Thanks, Dutch! Yes - it will be used regularly when the weather permits. It's a blast and will hit 80+ on the highway if you make it.
Oh yeah, did I say it gets 70-mpg average? Shocked

Puff Daddy wrote:
How big is that Rob? Is it a large scooter or a mid sized bike? Displacement?

Looks cool, I'd ride it Smile

PD - it's a single cylinder, liquid cooled, 250cc Scooter. For a size comparison it has a wheelbase of over 60-inches, and with the fairing it's as long as a Yamaha 650 V-Star motorcycle. Definitely a full size scooter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Join me in welcoming the new Family Member   Wed May 08, 2013 9:20 pm

Pretty cool. It's hard to tell what it's trying to be in the pics because it's long and large looking like a mid sized bike, but the wheels and handlebars scream scooter.

Hell yeah, I'd ride it! Very Happy

riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Join me in welcoming the new Family Member   Wed May 08, 2013 9:29 pm

The big scooters the top three are selling are incredible and quite capable. I see this one even has an ashtray/pipe holder. Just don't forget your windcap! Wear a good helmet and ride safe!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Join me in welcoming the new Family Member   Wed May 08, 2013 9:30 pm

Hey, with a little work you could get her looking like this Twisted Evil

Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Join me in welcoming the new Family Member   Wed May 08, 2013 9:34 pm

riff raff wrote:
I see this one even has an ashtray/pipe holder. Just don't forget your windcap! Wear a good helmet and ride safe!

And it doubles as a cup holder. Razz

Definitely! Always good advice on the helmet and safe driving. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Join me in welcoming the new Family Member   Wed May 08, 2013 10:24 pm

Mint condition - great find! cheers

Fraternally

Jers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Join me in welcoming the new Family Member
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1