HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Thanks for Being There

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Thanks for Being There   Tue May 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Hello Brothers,

It's been quite a while since I was able to post anything here on the forum due to illness during the past seven or eight months. However, I was able to continue reading and following the events and happenings so many of you shared. I came to look forward daily to the input of Mombla and his 40 plus years of experience, Rob_IN_Mo the resident Aero expert, the invaluable knowledge of Dutch and Natch, the tobacco reviews by Kyle Weiss, and the considered intellectual thoughts of George Kaplan. So many others like Blackhorse, Purus Bran, Yak, and others too numerous to mention, but no less important added brightness and encouragement to my day and really aided my recovery. I thank you guys so much.

I'm sure many of you have never considered all of the ways this forum reaches out to people. I never gave it a thought. I mean in ways beyond information on smoking pipes and tobacco. I'm talking about the impact of the sharing of your life's experiences may have on someone unable to communicate their struggle in life. I can assure you this forum provides encouragement, comfort, joy, amusement, and entertainment to others who wouldn't necessary expect to discover such qualities on a pipe forum. It's a wonderful revelation. I believe it's one of the values that makes BoB different from other forums. The genuine concern the brothers have for each other is evident and I believe this is what the founding members wanted when they created BoB, a place for brothers. Very Happy

I've lots of questions for the experts that I've stored up so you can expect to see my avatar as health allows.

Thanks again Brothers,
AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for Being There   Tue May 14, 2013 2:05 pm

You gonna be okay, AJ? Hope you recover sooner rather than later. Sad

Hopefully reading the stuff us clowns post didn't drive you crazy. Laughing

But I'm glad we could be there for ya, carrying on and just being BoB and whatnot...kind of humbling to hear BoB reaches out to folks like that. Smile

I do hope all will be well for ya, Brother.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Thanks for Being There   Tue May 14, 2013 2:41 pm

ajn27511: WELCOME BACK! The brotherhood here is spectacular, it becomes a necessity to check in...it's like a lifeblood for us old and infirm individuals. So, glad you are doing better and please check in regularly as possible...looking forward to your posts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for Being There   Wed May 15, 2013 3:59 am

Kyle: Thanks for the kind words. I think I'm going to be OK. The doctors finally found some medicine that does a good job controlling the pain without making a Zombie out of me. As for the clowns driving me crazy...That's why I don't frequent the Rubber Room too often. lol!

pepesdad1: It's good to be back, thanks. You certainly have a clear understanding of the situation. Wink

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for Being There   Wed May 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Well, just as long as you aren't being a stranger. Lurking and reading is perfectly acceptable, just check in once in a while. Smile

Glad to hear you're finding a few solutions to your pain...hang in there, guy.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for Being There   Wed May 15, 2013 10:16 pm

AJ,
Sorry to hear about your ill health, hope it's not goimg to be a continuous thing for you ? This is definately one of the BEST Forums I've participated in and I'm sure it's due to the interest we all have and how it makes one slow down and "listen" to things Very Happy Look forward to seeing more of your posts in the future Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for Being There   Thu May 16, 2013 1:01 am

monbla256: I'm afraid the conditions that I've contracted will be with me for the rest of my life. For the present everything seems to be under control and/or well managed so hopefully I'll be around for some time, to the delight of my creditors. Because your comments are usually so well thought out and defined I always give your advice serious consideration. Thanks for responding. Smile
AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for Being There   Thu May 16, 2013 12:01 pm

AJ...It is good to see you back in the fold of the forum. I hope you continue to do well and feel better every day. My wife is also in the situation of having to deal with pain and the problems of pain control, so I have a little idea of what you may be dealing with. God Bless and take care and we look forward to seeing your posts in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Thanks for Being There
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: Life Events-
Jump to: