HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Spring is in the air?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Spring is in the air?   Fri May 17, 2013 11:14 pm

Hmmm been snowing most of the day, not really sticking yet still not what I like in mid May....

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
gramnum1

Registration date : 2013-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Spring is in the air?   Fri May 17, 2013 11:48 pm

Yay Alaska!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Spring is in the air?   Sat May 18, 2013 7:09 am

Hey, you left your porch light on... Smile
Back to top Go down
Fatman

PostSubject: Re: Spring is in the air?   Sat May 18, 2013 12:26 pm

here it is at 8:25 this morning. Still small flakes drifting down. 5) 5) I just want some sunshine

P.S. I turned off the porch light What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

PostSubject: Re: Spring is in the air?   Sat May 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Quicherbelleackin! At least nights aren't lasting 25 hours anymore.

I watched those state troopers of yours. Your house shocks me. All four walls are standing and the windows and doors seem to work. Everything on National Geography seemed a form of lean-to and those that weren't already would surely be so by the next day.

Darn, you've indoor plumbing and everything. Bet you can get most of the way to town without a float plane.

scratch
Back to top Go down
gramnum1

Registration date : 2013-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Spring is in the air?   Sat May 18, 2013 2:48 pm

JKenP wrote:

I watched those state troopers of yours. Your house shocks me. All four walls are standing and the windows and doors seem to work. Everything on National Geography seemed a form of lean-to and those that weren't already would surely be so by the next day.

Darn, you've indoor plumbing and everything. Bet you can get most of the way to town without a float plane.

scratch

Looks bear proof too... GRAMNUM1 STAMP OF APPROVAL
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Spring is in the air?   Sat May 18, 2013 2:53 pm

gramnum1 wrote:
Looks bear proof too... GRAMNUM1 STAMP OF APPROVAL

Mrs. Fatman might disagree.
Back to top Go down
Fatman

PostSubject: Re: Spring is in the air?   Sat May 18, 2013 3:37 pm

JKenP wrote:

scratch

The villages and places in the Matanuska Valley are just like the Troopers show! I live in Anchorage, we have municipal water and sewer, and they actually run in separate lines! I have had moose in my yard, seen eagles at the lake nearby, and black bears too. Wilderness in the city, gotta love it What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

PostSubject: Re: Spring is in the air?   Sat May 18, 2013 4:36 pm

Well, I was all ready to be disappointed when, a while back, you said you had a job. You just didn't fit in with those "real" Alaskans on National Geographic. Sigh. Evil or Very Mad

Well, I know how to get even.

It is 80 here right now. bounce
Back to top Go down
Fatman

PostSubject: Re: Spring is in the air?   Sat May 18, 2013 5:55 pm

JKenP wrote:
Well, I was all ready to be disappointed when, a while back, you said you had a job. You just didn't fit in with those "real" Alaskans on National Geographic. Sigh. Evil or Very Mad

Well, I know how to get even.

It is 80 here right now. bounce

Well, to be honest I have lived here since 2005, so it will be 8 years in July. I retired from the Navy the 31st of July 2005, and started working the 1st of August 2005 at a local Hospital here. Guess an evening off was enough of break! So, I am not a native life long Alaskan, I just look like one What a Face

It is going to be 25 degrees tonight affraid and should hit 40 tomorrow. I am ready for summer to get here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

PostSubject: Re: Spring is in the air?   Sat May 18, 2013 6:30 pm

That would have been my first guess. I have an online friend that almost you. Although he was army and is now living in Japan while his wife is teaching at the base school. One very likely difference is that he often wears a kilt and has the mama sans at the local donut shop tittering. He joined your rebellion against milspec with a similar beard and was the base Santa. We played a fair amount of online poker together and keep in touch since the government jumped in to protect us from ourselves -- silly geese.

His only disappointment is his son. Lad couldn't find honest work and ended up an officer. (Pilot)
Back to top Go down

Spring is in the air?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1