HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Tony Stark's in trouble...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vito

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Tony Stark's in trouble...   Sun May 26, 2013 12:40 pm

Overheard my eldest kid say this the other day:
    "Tony Stark is going to need psychotherapy when he finds out that he's not really Robert Downey, Jr."
I admit that I can't tell the difference between them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stark's in trouble...   Sun May 26, 2013 9:28 pm

The reverse could also be said.

Oh, wait, RD Jr. has already been in psychotherapy for years....never mind. lol!

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stark's in trouble...   Sun May 26, 2013 11:07 pm

MisterE wrote:
...RD Jr. has already been in psychotherapy for years....never mind. lol!
Right...and it seems to have done him some good. He seems to have cleaned up his act and pulled himself together.

Anyhow, I think the kid's point was that Tony's personality onscreen is pretty much pure RDJ. Word has it that there's lots of stuff in the Iron Man and The Avengers movies that wasn't in the scripts. It was just RDJ being himself, ad-libbing wisecracks, and it worked so well they just left it in.

It's kinda cool to see the old Marvel characters dished up in some well-crafted films that are worthy of their legacy. I used to devour those comix in my college days.

Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stark's in trouble...   Sun May 26, 2013 11:23 pm

FWIW, he made for a really good Sherlock Holmes too Smile

Vito

PostSubject: Re: Tony Stark's in trouble...   Mon May 27, 2013 1:12 am

Yeah, I thought the Holmes stuff he did was cool. Of course, it wasn't even close to truly authentic, which really pissed a lotta people off...including my kids. (We raised 'em right; they've seen all of the Jeremy Brett Holmes episodes...the quintessential, definitive, state-of-the-art Holmes to date.) But RDJ's Holmes wasn't meant to be authentic...I mean, there wasn't the slightest pretense of authenticity, so it didn't bother me. You just have to take stuff like that on its own merits.

Same sorta thang happened with the The Last Airbender movie, which pissed off so many people that Paramount killed the sequels (...at least for now). There was interminable bitching about the casting, and the skin color of the actors, and the script, and ...blah, blah, blah...

Yeah...I know it doesn't capture the spirit of the original animated series. I GET IT, already! So whuckin' fhut?! Sheesh ...get over it. Take the doggone movie on its own merits, fer cryin' out loud.

(...ahem) ...er, (cough, cough) ...well, uh... (Vito quickly presses psycho-emotional reset button...)

So, yeah…an entertaining Holmes, RDJ’s was.

Back to top Go down

Tony Stark's in trouble...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1