HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

My Rad Davis 7 Day Set is Complete-pic heavy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cigrmaster

Registration date : 2012-06-15

PostSubject: My Rad Davis 7 Day Set is Complete-pic heavy   Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:53 pm

I have been working on this 7 day set with Rad for a while now and the last pipe has been completed. I just received an email from Rad with the pictures of my black Rhodesian with the Spalted Tamarind Cap and stem inlay completing the set. It is a group 5 with the dimensions as follows. Length 5 3/8 bowl height 2" bowl depth 1 3/4" bowl width 13/16 and weight at 56 grams. I am so psyched as I think it came out great. Rad has been a pleasure to do business with the entire time, he always answered my questions promptly and makes commissioning a pipe very easy. Here is the latest and then the rest of the set.

The rest of the set.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: My Rad Davis 7 Day Set is Complete-pic heavy   Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:02 pm

Seems that Rad's batting 1,000.
Nice, all of them.
Of course The Beatles sang about the eight day week...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My Rad Davis 7 Day Set is Complete-pic heavy   Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:52 pm

Stunning! Absolutely out of this world! And they all clearly have the Rad look to them, and there seems to be a theme amongst them all despite their different designs.

Damn nice work right there and no mistake. You must be over the moon cigrmaster.

Congrats to you and Rad for this incredible set!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Hiram-2011

Registration date : 2012-03-23

PostSubject: Re: My Rad Davis 7 Day Set is Complete-pic heavy   Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:48 pm

Hard to put into words to do it justice, but that set is just stunning. If you need a baby sitter for them I'd be more then happy Smile. Enjoy brother!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: My Rad Davis 7 Day Set is Complete-pic heavy   Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:02 pm

Looks like you get the "pearl" in the bowl as I did!

Very Happy

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: My Rad Davis 7 Day Set is Complete-pic heavy   Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:00 pm

Seriously, one of the most appealing 7 day sets I have seen. Perfect.

Every single shape calls to me. How do you decide which one to pick up and smoke?? First world problems! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: My Rad Davis 7 Day Set is Complete-pic heavy   Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:03 pm

NICE, NICE set ! The last one CAPS it off ? Twisted Evil What's the purpose of the pearL Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: My Rad Davis 7 Day Set is Complete-pic heavy   Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:07 pm

monbla256 wrote:
NICE, NICE set ! The last one CAPS it off ? Twisted Evil What's the purpose of the pearL Question

It's a magnet. That's how he's able to get the pipe to stand and pose for the photo shoot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: My Rad Davis 7 Day Set is Complete-pic heavy   Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:26 pm

s.ireland wrote:
monbla256 wrote:

It's a magnet. That's how he's able to get the pipe to stand and pose for the photo shoot!

Fo' real?

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: My Rad Davis 7 Day Set is Complete-pic heavy   Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:30 pm

LOL! I'll bet you'll be working on a 14 day set 'fo to long. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: My Rad Davis 7 Day Set is Complete-pic heavy   Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:37 am

MisterE wrote:
s.ireland wrote:
monbla256 wrote:

Fo' real?

Rad does use a rare earth magnet stand for his photos.

A wonderful set Harris! I love every one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: My Rad Davis 7 Day Set is Complete-pic heavy   Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:48 am

riff raff wrote:
MisterE wrote:
s.ireland wrote:
monbla256 wrote:

Fo' real?

Rad does use a rare earth magnet stand for his photos.

A wonderful set Harris! I love every one.

Ah So!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: My Rad Davis 7 Day Set is Complete-pic heavy   Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:22 pm

Nice set. The last is my favorite. Just out of curiosity, why did you have him make two without the spalted accents? Are those to mark your weekend pipes vs. weekday pipes?, or just because?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://GrowleyPipes.com
CharlG

Registration date : 2012-01-26

PostSubject: Re: My Rad Davis 7 Day Set is Complete-pic heavy   Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:14 am

Beautiful!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.goussardpipes.com/
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: My Rad Davis 7 Day Set is Complete-pic heavy   Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:43 am

cigrmaster, those are some outstanding examples of Rad's work! I really like how he has used the spalted maple in contrast with the dark stain.

The only thing that could make that set any nicer, would be a custom 7 day rack to display them all. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: My Rad Davis 7 Day Set is Complete-pic heavy   Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:44 pm

Good gracious those are nice. Very Happy

Nice job, Rad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rad Davis

Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: My Rad Davis 7 Day Set is Complete-pic heavy   Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:24 pm

Thanks, Guys!

Rad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://raddavispipes.com/pipes.htm
cigrmaster

Registration date : 2012-06-15

PostSubject: Re: My Rad Davis 7 Day Set is Complete-pic heavy   Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:34 pm

Thanks for the nice comments guys, it is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

My Rad Davis 7 Day Set is Complete-pic heavy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1