HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Junktique/estate sale finds for the last couple of weekends

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lifeon2

Registration date : 2013-01-29

PostSubject: Junktique/estate sale finds for the last couple of weekends   Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:20 pm

OK so I had the weekend before I left for Seattle and last weekend to do a little pipe shopping and here are some of the fruits of my labor.

First 4 yello boles from the top down they are 1, Centura 2, yello bole with the kbb in the clover leaf 3, thorn 4, collegiate. They were $6 dollars each.

Next is 2 WDCs the top is a lockmount and the bottom is a milano hesson guard. The lockmount was $5 and the milano was $6

a quartet of grabows the top 2 are DeLuxe with the spade on top of the stem the first one is a 9803 and the second is  a 9711 the second 2 are westbrooks one regular and one continental. These were $6 dollars each.

A nice unsmoked and unmarked calabash with the stand $5 bucks for the pipe with the stand.

The last three are once again from the top down an unsmoked with the box and paper work brass tone kirsten, a savinelli punto oro and a sasieni 4 dot they were $10 each.

I still need to take some pics of my new 6 sided display as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawker

Registration date : 2012-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Junktique/estate sale finds for the last couple of weekends   Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:17 am

One mans junk is another mans treasure. Great finds on some awesome deals. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Junktique/estate sale finds for the last couple of weekends   Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:58 am

Awesome finds, and even better prices. Congrats!!cheerscheerscheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Junktique/estate sale finds for the last couple of weekends   Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:26 am

Looks like a Pioneer brand calabash, and the stand alone is worth around $40 at least. The bash, probably around $100.

I really like the Kirsten, as well as the Sav Punto Oro!

There's gotta be over $200 worth of pipes there at least! Congrats on scoring some great bargains lifeon! cheerscheerscheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bosun1

Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Junktique/estate sale finds for the last couple of weekends   Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:30 am

You do better than that Indiana Jones guy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lifeon2

PostSubject: Re: Junktique/estate sale finds for the last couple of weekends   Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:32 am

Thanks everyone I really had a good couple of weekends for pipe bargains Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Junktique/estate sale finds for the last couple of weekends   Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:36 am

Awesome finds!  It seems when I find pipes at junk shops or flea markets they're burned out cobs or briars with more fills than wood, and priced as though the seller has documentation that they were once owned by Mark Twain Evil or Very Mad.

I love that diamond-shanked (pot? billiard?) pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Junktique/estate sale finds for the last couple of weekends   Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:44 pm

That calabash is a great find, the others are good too, but love that calabash!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Junktique/estate sale finds for the last couple of weekends   Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:11 pm

pepesdad1 wrote:
That calabash is a great find, the others are good too, but love that calabash!

Yes, this x 1000!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
CharlG

Registration date : 2012-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Junktique/estate sale finds for the last couple of weekends   Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:42 am

Wow! Some really nice finds!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.goussardpipes.com/
lifeon2

PostSubject: Re: Junktique/estate sale finds for the last couple of weekends   Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:30 am

Thanks again everyone I am hoping that this weekend will net a few more scores I have an estate sale that has tobacianna listed among the items for sale.....its good to have a buddy that owns the company that puts the sales on Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Junktique/estate sale finds for the last couple of weekends   Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:16 am

lifeon2 wrote:
Thanks again everyone I am hoping that this weekend will net a few more scores I have an estate sale that has tobacianna listed among the items for sale.....its good to have a buddy that owns the company that puts the sales on Smile

Foul!  Not fair!  INSIDER TRADING!!!!!!!!!!

Someone contact the FCC or the ASPCA or some multi-letter watchdog agency!  It might be OPEC -- Old Pipe Exchange Commission -- either an adjunct of the SEC or the Saudi's; not real sure.
Back to top Go down
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Junktique/estate sale finds for the last couple of weekends   Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:46 am

JKenP wrote:
lifeon2 wrote:

Foul!  Not fair!  INSIDER TRADING!!!!!!!!!!

Someone contact the FCC or the ASPCA or some multi-letter watchdog agency!  It might be OPEC -- Old Pipe Exchange Commission -- either an adjunct of the SEC or the Saudi's; not real sure.

I don't care who you are ..... that's  funny!,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lifeon2

PostSubject: Re: Junktique/estate sale finds for the last couple of weekends   Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:31 am

You know I was worried about insider trading charges for a while so I started spelling my name out very clearly for the reciepts J-k-e-n-P Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Junktique/estate sale finds for the last couple of weekends   Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:45 am

lifeon2 wrote:
You know I was worried about insider trading charges for a while so I started spelling my name out very clearly for the reciepts J-k-e-n-P Laughing

Your fear should be when we end up sharing a cell. flower
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Junktique/estate sale finds for the last couple of weekends   Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:37 pm

That's crazy.  Just one thoroughly-chewed Dr. Grabow with burnouts is $50+ in Reno.   Laughing 
The economy has not been kind to us.  Unusually trashy and live-by-the-skin-of-their-teeth folks are all trying to get theirs.   Thus, limited wares vs desperate peddlers equals...

...not deals like the above, that's for damned sure.   Laughing   I need to start visiting the affluent/populated metropolises more often.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HCraven

Registration date : 2012-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Junktique/estate sale finds for the last couple of weekends   Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:17 pm

Dutch wrote:
Looks like a Pioneer brand calabash, and the stand alone is worth around $40 at least. The bash, probably around $100.

I really like the Kirsten, as well as the Sav Punto Oro!

There's gotta be over $200 worth of pipes there at least! Congrats on scoring some great bargains lifeon! cheerscheerscheers
Chris is right, that's got to be a Pioneer.  My local B&M sold them back in the late 80's and early 90's, and one that size would have cost $80-$100 from them back then, although their prices were probably a little high.  I have a similar stand I bought 10 years ago, too. Still has the sticker on it for $27, which I thought a bargain at the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Junktique/estate sale finds for the last couple of weekends
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1