HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The worm turned a bit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: The worm turned a bit   Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:43 am

Slashdot.Com wrote:
"The Obama administration has quietly notified insurers that a computer system glitch will limit penalties that companies may charge smokers under the new healthcare law. The underlying reason for the limitation is another provision in the health care law that says insurers can't charge older customers more than three times what they charge the youngest adults in the pool. The government's computer system has been unable to accommodate the two. So younger smokers and older smokers must be charged the same penalty, or the system will kick it out. A fix will take at least a year to put in place."
Back to top Go down
gandalfpc

Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: The worm turned a bit   Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:09 am

Had me fairly concerned when I first heard it, but from what I understand it means that a smoker over 65 will pay 14k per year while a non smoker would pay 9k (if on the government insurance)

I do not smoke cigarettes, and feel it is no business of my insurance company should I desire a pipe. Until they start blood testing of course Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The worm turned a bit
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1