HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

I cannot believe it is already football season again

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:47 pm

ugh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:17 pm

I love it!!!! cheers

Watching the Chiefs play right now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com
Slartibartfast

Registration date : 2011-09-25

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:12 pm

lol!lol!lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:46 pm

Before long, it'll be football season year long. If "NFL Live" television shows (with nothing going on) is any indication, that's the next step. Laughing

Just as long as baseball gets left alone.

Zeno, you always struck me as a UFC guy. That's why I don't mess with you. I love you pale

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:26 am

scotties22 wrote:
I love it!!!! cheers

Watching the Chiefs play right now Very Happy

Geaux Saints. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:59 am

I never said we were gonna win Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:25 am

Yes!
Hopefully the Suarez saga and Bale tale will end soon, and football will be played!
On a pitch, by men not wearing tights and shoulder pads like a bad eighties music video, or Mick Jagger during the Stones '81 tour...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:30 am

^Didn't some dude rage quit a while back after proclaiming futbol was for sissies? I like both football and futbol so I'm okay with it all. It's all good....

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:23 am

Oh boy, Yak gets to go on and on about those Pittsburgh Steelers.... <g>

Btw, the Ravens are undefeated already. Where is the Superbowl this year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:39 pm

I like soccer fans more than soccer itself. †They's some crazy folks. † Laughing

If I have a choice, though, for contact sports, rugby always fascinates. † Great stuff. † Lotta resident Aussies and Kiwis around here, and hanging out with both of 'em during matches is fun, fun, fun. The All Blacks are an amazing team.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:46 pm

Quote :
Oh boy, Yak gets to go on and on about those Pittsburgh Steelers.... <g>
Pittsburgh : "The Paris of Appalachia !" †Cool

Even says so. In a book ! †

http://www.amazon.com/The-Paris-Appalachia-Pittsburgh-Twenty-first/dp/088748509X%3FSubscriptionId%3D11V4BFFP7Y247FYTQ882%26tag%3Dkinjamod-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3D088748509X&ascsubtag=%5BpostId|1065343296%5Basin|088748509X%5BauthorId|5756194420839655003%5Btype|modlink

Bawlmer ?
Quote :
Half the Flacco jerseys in Baltimore are actually dark blue, not purple. Some brilliant Chinese knock-off manufacturer realized years ago that you could just manufacture Giants jerseys and stick Ravens decals on them and our fanbase would be too stupid to figure it out. To make matters worse, itís usually tucked into their pants like itís some sort of formal attire.
Read it and weep Twisted Evil

What a Face
Back to top Go down
riff raff

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:38 pm

I've awoken the beast, he's Back!!! (in Baltimore, we say things like "awoken"...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:56 pm

Sure. Past passive. Doesn't everybody ?

What a Face
Back to top Go down
riff raff

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:21 pm

I was just upstairs checking my Flacco jersey, mine is Black, whew........And sadly looking at my Ed Reed jersey, now I'm feeling a little sick, I just can't take him wearing Houston colors......
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:13 am

And Deebo's playing for Cincinnati pale

What a Face
Back to top Go down
riff raff

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:24 am

I really hate this free agency.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slartibartfast

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:54 am

And this with the Orioles and the Pirates in the midst of their best season in how many years? † †SuspectSuspect

Disgraceful...it's all a bit too much like bumming-up the qualities of an E-Pipe really...Evil or Very MadRazz

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:08 am

Football season never ends for me though it will be great to have game to watch again. GO VIKINGS!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:38 am

Pittsburgh Perspective : Baseball is a b*tch who will wind you all the way up & then break your heart. It's nice while it lasts, but if you're surprised when it goes from August giddiness to a pointed reminder by season's end that life-eats-sh*t-and-then-you-die, you're not from around here.

Sure, they're selling out every game. Bless their hearts. And everybody's loving it. But nobody's really expecting anything more than maybe a winning season for the first time in 21 years. Once bitten, twice shy. Twice bitten, we'll believe it when we see it.

The Stillers, on the other hand, are dependable. You know -- warts and all -- what to expect with them.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:09 pm

And once again, the Rams are going to suck...

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:19 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
And once again, the Rams are going to suck...

lol!
I watch "The Evil Mike Tomlin" on twitter, his posts are always hilarious. He hits the Browns pretty hard, which I immediately forward to my two colleagues who are from Ohio and are long suffering Brownies. Here's a recent one:

"The NFL pre-Season has begun and the Browns are already mathematically eliminated from the play-offs"."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:25 pm

riff raff wrote:
"The NFL pre-Season has begun and the Browns are already mathematically eliminated from the play-offs"."
I love it! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:05 pm

He was in rare form last night (The Evil Mike Tomlin)
"Our receiving corps looks more beat up than Precious" (commenting on the Steelers game)

Browns humour never get old:
"Browns start another season of laughter tonight"

And there's no ignoring the Ravens, particularly Joe Flacco:
"New Ravens receivers are still trying to figure out what Joe Flacco's 'throw the ball real high and get a pass interference penalty' play is"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:35 pm

Yak wrote:
Pittsburgh Perspective : Baseball is a b*tch who will wind you all the way up & then break your heart. It's nice while it lasts, but if you're surprised when it goes from August giddiness to a pointed reminder by season's end that life-eats-sh*t-and-then-you-die, you're not from around here.

Sure, they're selling out every game. Bless their hearts. And everybody's loving it. But nobody's really expecting anything more than maybe a winning season for the first time in 21 years. Once bitten, twice shy. Twice bitten, we'll believe it when we see it.
Fair and real assessment. † Having my attention drawn back east to watch the Bucs do their thing though, the drama and promise are well worth the price of admission for this West Coast Kid. † Very Happy

Still hoping for at least the playoffs! †

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slartibartfast

PostSubject: Re: I cannot believe it is already football season again   Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:11 pm

"Football combines two of the worst things in American life. It is violence punctuated by committee meetings." † † - George Will. †

"Baseball suits the character of this democratic nation. Democracy is government by persuasion Ė that means it requires patience, that means it involves a lot of compromise. Democracy is the slow politics of the half loaf. Baseball is the game of the long season, where small, incremental differences decide who wins and who loses particular games, series, seasons. You know when a season starts that the best team is going to get beaten a third of the time, worst teamís going to win a third of the time, the argument, over 162 games is that middle third. So itís a game that you canít like if winning is everythingÖand democracy is that way, too." † † - you guessed it, George Will again.

"I grew up in Champaign, Illinois, midway between Chicago and St. Louis. At an age too tender for life-shaping decisions, I made one. While all my friends were becoming Cardinals fans, I became a Cub fan. My friends, happily rooting for Stan Musial, Red Schoendienst and other great Redbirds, grew up cheerfully convinced that the world is a benign place, so of course, they became liberals. Rooting for the Cubs in the late 1940s and early 1950s, I became gloomy, pessimistic, morose, dyspeptic and conservative...Mamas donít let your babies grow up to be Cub fans" † † - guess who? † † LaughingLaughingLaughing

lol!lol!lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I cannot believe it is already football season again
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next