HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:49 am

Tomorrow mrs rev and I will celebrate 25 years of marriage. It has not always been easy, sometimes it has been hard as hell. We have gone through homelessness, miscarriage, various mental health issues and radical changes in world view. We have dealt with many problems within our church ministry including domestic abuse, drug addictions, child abuse, spiritual abuse and even had David Koresh son as part of our outreach for a while. We have had many kinds of people share our home from the most amazing missionaries to the most self absorbed, selfish teen mother, and a young man who is now serving life without possibility for murder. We home schooled our children, started or helped to start 16 churches and have done it all most of the time working part time.

The most amazing thing is that no matter how hard, or wonderful, or different things got, we walked through it together. My wife is the best friend, the best thing that ever happened to me, and I hope we both can celebrate the next 25 years of good health. I am a blessed man.

The next day, Wednesday we close escrow on our first house. The house will be the beginning of a house of hospitality, which will welcome people that want to learn how we live, and others that need a hand up from the poverty they are stuck in. It will be called Casa De Mi Padre. If you would like to hear more about this please message me. We are very excited about this. This will also be a step closer to me making pipes close to full time.

Then on Monday my wife and I are flying to Alaska for a second honeymoon that my dad has given us the money for. We will be staying in a rustic cabin in Seward and getting to see an amazing natural habitat we have never even come close to witnessing before.

I have been a bit pre occupied, I miss you all

well most of you

rev
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revspipes.com
Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:56 am

Rev, Congratulations on 25 years! If you have time in Anchorage give me a holler Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:48 am

Very impressive John, 25 years of dedicated love and friendship, that is really special, here's to hoping you do indeed have another 25 years together and then some. The 2nd honeymoon sounds awesome. cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:14 am

Congratulations rev!  I hope you and the mrs have a great time in Alaska.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:24 am

Congrats on 25 years!

My mother used to say the first 20 years are the hardest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:35 am

Your wife and you traveled quite a road. To your credit, it included tremendous growth and love. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:11 am

Sounds like you have been blessed! Enjoy the new home and endeavor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:40 am

Congrats on the anniversary and the second honeymoon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:00 pm

Congrats, rev! The wife and I just hit our 1 year anniversary. I always respect and look up to couples who have been together as long as you and your wife have. I hope the next 25 is even better than the last!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
Boulder&Briar

Registration date : 2012-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:24 pm

That's just awesome John, congratulations and happy Aniversary to the both of you. You seem like very "real" people. No BS just straight this who we are, what we do and what we believe type people. I can't wait to meet you someday brother. I can relate on the life struggle putting strain on your relationship and the strength it takes to work through it. My wife and I have delt through some pretty rough times, especially with her depression and anxiety. Enjoy that honeymoon, it will be like paradise brother. You will find serenity there for sure. Be safe Don't fight the grizzly's:cheers: 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.boulderandbriar.com
the rev

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:51 pm

thanks everyone, with all the excitement I can't sleep like a kid the night before disneyland

rev
Back to top Go down
Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:31 pm

What an uplifting read John!cheers

Congratulations and best wishes for a fantastic second honeymoon!cheers cheers

By coincidence my wife and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary next month - I think we all deserve medals!

Have a great time brother.

Fraternally

Jers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swhipple

Registration date : 2013-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Congratulations on the anniversary!  cheers   cheers   cheers  Don't get eet by a bear up there in Alaska.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:20 pm

Enjoy yourselves up there.

Don't dilute it with thinking about here. This stuff'll be waiting for you when you come back again. All too soon.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:24 pm

Have fun, Rev. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PozzSka

Registration date : 2013-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:25 pm

Congrats!

My wife and I just celebrated 7 years. As others have said, relationships like yours are great examples for us youngins.

Enjoy yourself up there

(and if you're in the wilderness, take a gun...a big one, just in case... .44 mag, .454 casull, something like that...ya know...for bears)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nathanscoffeeroasting.com
the rev

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:34 pm

I am a brazilian jiu jitsu black belt, I don't need no gun, bear wouldn't know what happened to him

Smile

rev
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:51 pm

the rev wrote:
I am a brazilian jiu jitsu black belt, I don't need no gun, bear wouldn't know what happened to him

Smile

rev
I hope the one you run across is in you weight class.
Back to top Go down
the rev

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:56 pm

I hope the one I run across is really far away, well fed, and disinterested

rev
Back to top Go down
Hawker

Registration date : 2012-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:21 pm

Uplifting story Rev. Thanks for sharing & Congrats.
 Enjoy the honeymoon, i'm sure it will be as good or better than the first as your all the wiser now.cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draagha

Registration date : 2013-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:29 pm

the rev wrote:
Then on Monday my wife and I are flying to Alaska for a second honeymoon that my dad has given us the money for.  We will be staying in a rustic cabin in Seward and getting to see an amazing natural habitat we have never even come close to witnessing before.
That sounds like it'll be an amazing time! Looking forward to hearing how the trip goes brother.

Congrats on the 25 year anniversary! May you have another 25 and more! Cool 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:34 pm

Congrats rev. Enjoy your time away with the missus.

Cheers,

RR

Last edited by Brewdude on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:15 pm

Congrats on facing real life for 25 years. You both need a respite in rural Alaska.
Enjoy:cheers: 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:32 am

docwatson wrote:
Congrats on facing real life for 25 years. You both need a respite in rural Alaska.
Enjoy:cheers: 
What he said!
Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)   Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:20 am

Mad congrats Rev.. Hope you have a grand time. Wishing you guys many, many more great years together.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Been missing for some good reasons (25 yr anniversary)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next