HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

No new pipes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
plumbernater

Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: No new pipes   Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:34 pm

I havent bought any new pipes for awhile now. But Ive been enjoying the ones I have. Alternating through my collection, they have become very satisfying. The break in is long over and forgotten. They smoke wonderful with my favorate tobacco with no foul taste. The longer I have them, the better they are. There are some I do like better than others. But that has to do with comfortable bits, or maybe the way they hang. I guess what Im getting at is. You dont have to always be searching for the right pipe. Its the use of the pipe that makes it a good smoker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: No new pipes   Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:55 pm

I only have 7 I smoke but, that has never stopped me from buying more. I just like pipes whether I smoke them all or not. I think they call it, Obsessive–compulsive disorder LOL!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: No new pipes   Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:47 pm

plumbernater wrote:
I havent bought any new pipes for awhile now. But Ive been enjoying the ones I have. Alternating through my collection, they have become very satisfying. The break in is long over and forgotten. They smoke wonderful with my favorate tobacco with no foul taste. The longer I have them, the better they are. There are some I do like better than others. But that has to do with comfortable bits, or maybe the way they hang. I guess what Im getting at is. You dont have to always be searching for the  right pipe. Its the use of the pipe that makes it a good smoker.
THIS for sure !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
plumbernater

PostSubject: Re: No new pipes   Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:24 pm

Yall probably seen them before but here they are again. Id had the picture on the first post but I was having photobucket problems.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: No new pipes   Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Nice ring grain on that blast with the horn shank extension sir. Nice collection you have indeed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: No new pipes   Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:21 pm

plumbernater wrote:
Yall probably seen them before but here they are again. Id had the picture on the first post but I was having photobucket problems.

What kinda pipe guy are you ??? ALL your bits are NOT SHINY and your bowls look all dark and NOT SHINY and you even have CAKE in your bowls !! What kinda example are you setting for all the newbies who are trying so HARD to DO IT RIGHT !! Twisted Evil  You'd think you were some sort of old fart who just loads, lights and SMOKES his pipes!! You KNOW this is an OFFICIAL O.C.D. endeavor !! ( BTW I LIKE your collection of SMOKERS ) Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: No new pipes   Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:37 pm

monbla256 wrote:

What kinda pipe guy are you ??? ALL your bits are NOT SHINY and your bowls look all dark and NOT SHINY and you even have CAKE in your bowls !! What kinda example are you setting for all the newbies who are trying so HARD to DO IT RIGHT !! Twisted Evil  You'd think you were some sort of old fart who just loads, lights and SMOKES his pipes!! You KNOW this is an OFFICIAL O.C.D. endeavor !! ( BTW I LIKE your collection of SMOKERS )  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
TouchéSuspect 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: No new pipes   Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:40 pm

monbla256 wrote:
What kinda pipe guy are you ??? ALL your bits are NOT SHINY and your bowls look all dark and NOT SHINY and you even have CAKE in your bowls !!
Yikes - you don't get to see mine. Mine get a little wax when the stems are replaced. Every now and then I will have one with me at the pipe shop and they will offer a free buff just so that other customers don't think I am a bum. I have never polished a stem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: No new pipes   Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:33 pm

They all look well loved to me Plumb.

I don't fuss much either, FWIW. Seems to work for me.

<shrug>

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
jefe1037

Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: No new pipes   Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:45 pm

A fine collection of full bents sir. You had mentioned you liked those a while back. I dig your style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
plumbernater

PostSubject: Re: No new pipes   Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:05 pm

hey cartaphilos, Thats a old savinelli Nonpareil. The bowl is quite big and will last a long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: No new pipes   Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:13 pm

plumbernater wrote:
hey cartaphilos, Thats a old savinelli Nonpareil. The bowl is quite big and will last a long time.
Very Nice sir!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: No new pipes   Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:14 am

Am I correct in thinking that you prefer full bents? Nice collection, and I for one prefer pipes (and lots of other things) with the look of use on them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: No new pipes   Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:10 am

Those pipes all look like they have stories to tell, and it looks like you've been listening! Nice collection. :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Briar Spirit

Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: No new pipes   Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:28 am

A lovely collection of pipes you have there and you clearly enjoy them all immensely, good for you chap. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: No new pipes   Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:24 pm

pig Piggy lighter still works!!!   Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: No new pipes   Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Nothing like a stable of pipes that you smoke often; the more you love them the more they love you!
Back to top Go down
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: No new pipes   Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:08 pm

4noggins.com_Mike wrote:
Nothing like a stable of pipes that you smoke often; the more you love them the more they love you!
Amen!!!cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile

No new pipes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: Ye Olde Pipe Rack-
Jump to: