HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Visiting kiddo!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fatman

avatar

Age : 54
Location : Alaska
Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Visiting kiddo!   Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:42 pm

My oldest is visiting, from Los Angeles! I am very happy to get to see her!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 64
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Visiting kiddo!   Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:52 pm

pics or it didn't happen!

jocolor 


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Briar Spirit

avatar

Age : 49
Location : England UK
Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Visiting kiddo!   Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:29 pm

That is wonderful John, have a great time. cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

avatar

Age : 49
Location : Chantilly, Va
Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Visiting kiddo!   Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:31 pm

Brewdude wrote:
pics or it didn't happen!

jocolor 


Cheers,

RR
cheers cheers cheers  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatman

avatar

Age : 54
Location : Alaska
Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Visiting kiddo!   Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:56 pm

Hmmmm, I did get a new smart phone today. Guess I need to snap a pic of the sprog in the wilds of Alaska and post it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briarbabe

avatar

Age : 38
Location : PA
Registration date : 2013-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Visiting kiddo!   Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:13 am

You said sprog, man I love you...
Hope you enjoyed your visit and got to do something fun together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://traceyleezle.wordpress.com
Hawker

avatar

Age : 51
Location : Alberta
Registration date : 2012-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Visiting kiddo!   Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:48 am

Once you use your smart phone you'll use it more than your camera because it's so handy. My new Iphone 4s take's better pictures than my camera and now i find i'm taking pictures of everthing. (Like kid with a new toy).
Have a wonderfull time with your family Fats.cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briarbabe

avatar

Age : 38
Location : PA
Registration date : 2013-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Visiting kiddo!   Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:58 am

Hawker wrote:
Once you use your smart phone you'll use it more than your camera because it's so handy. My new Iphone 4s take's better pictures than my camera and now i find i'm taking pictures of everthing. (Like kid with a new toy).
Have a wonderfull time with your family Fats.cheers cheers cheers
I agree, the camera on my phone is way better than my digital.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://traceyleezle.wordpress.com
Fatman

avatar

Age : 54
Location : Alaska
Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Visiting kiddo!   Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:25 pm

Having lunch at one of our fav places, Club Paris...



Hanging with some local "wildlife"



Sadly she is only here for the weekend to attend a wedding of a friend, so I am not getting a lot of dad / daughter time, I am making the most of it though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smg913

avatar

Age : 30
Location : New Jersey
Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Visiting kiddo!   Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:28 pm

Beautiful. I hope the time you have together no matter how limited, is time to remember!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briarbabe

avatar

Age : 38
Location : PA
Registration date : 2013-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Visiting kiddo!   Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:30 pm

She's gorgeous, John.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://traceyleezle.wordpress.com
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 64
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Visiting kiddo!   Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:56 pm

Thanks for the pics John.

Cool 


Cheers,

RR

Fatman wrote:
Having lunch at one of our fav places, Club Paris...



Hanging with some local "wildlife"



Sadly she is only here for the weekend to attend a wedding of a friend, so I am not getting a lot of dad / daughter time, I am making the most of it though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Fr_Tom

avatar

Location : Diocese of Northern Indiana
Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Visiting kiddo!   Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:22 pm

I went to visit my older daughter off at college today. She seems to be happy and thriving and changing her mind about majors with some frequency. I assured her that one goal of college is to get exposed to a few academic disciplines and discover where your gifts and inclinations lie. It is OK to be here and then there about a subject. The professor can make a huge difference.

Brewdude may suspect this did not happen because I don't have any photo documentation. You can imagine it easily enough. Guy in his 50's with thinning gray hair and a goatee stands with his 18 yo daughter. He is wearing a clergy shirt but no collar. She bears some family resemblance in height/facial features and is dressed in baggy jeans and an Adventure Time t-shirt. The room is cluttered and seems to have a lot of art materials and Nintendo games on top of the clutter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
smg913

avatar

Age : 30
Location : New Jersey
Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Visiting kiddo!   Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:55 pm

Fr_Tom that was just as good as a pic.

and I love adventure time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PozzSka

avatar

Age : 34
Location : Valley City, OH
Registration date : 2013-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Visiting kiddo!   Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:41 am

smg913 wrote:
Fr_Tom that was just as good as a pic.

and I love adventure time
Ditto....my kids and I watch it with some amount of frequency...a delightful show, indeed.

And, I look forward to my children becoming adults, but I do imagine I'll (in some ways) miss the 5am snuggles when they crawl into bed with us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nathanscoffeeroasting.com
i.keenum

avatar

Age : 27
Location : coast of mississippi
Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Visiting kiddo!   Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:57 pm

Great pics fatman. How long you lived in alaska for?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 64
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Visiting kiddo!   Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:59 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
I went to visit my older daughter off at college today. She seems to be happy and thriving and changing her mind about majors with some frequency. I assured her that one goal of college is to get exposed to a few academic disciplines and discover where your gifts and inclinations lie. It is OK to be here and then there about a subject. The professor can make a huge difference.

Brewdude may suspect this did not happen because I don't have any photo documentation. You can imagine it easily enough. Guy in his 50's with thinning gray hair and a goatee stands with his 18 yo daughter. He is wearing a clergy shirt but no collar. She bears some family resemblance in height/facial features and is dressed in baggy jeans and an Adventure Time t-shirt. The room is cluttered and seems to have a lot of art materials and Nintendo games on top of the clutter.


That's enough of a visual for me Padre.

bom 


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Fr_Tom

avatar

Location : Diocese of Northern Indiana
Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Visiting kiddo!   Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:03 pm

Brewdude wrote:

That's enough of a visual for me Padre.
Whew - I want to respect community standards and all...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 64
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Visiting kiddo!   Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:33 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
Brewdude wrote:

That's enough of a visual for me Padre.
Whew - I want to respect community standards and all...
Just goofin', as I sometimes do Pardre.

jocolor 


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Fatman

avatar

Age : 54
Location : Alaska
Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Visiting kiddo!   Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:50 pm

i.keenum wrote:
Great pics fatman. How long you lived in alaska for?
I have been here a little over 8 years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SkagitSmoke



Age : 37
Location : San Juan Islands, WA
Registration date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Visiting kiddo!   Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:00 pm

Nice to see a picture from Club Paris. I haven't been there in years. My folks took me for my 18th birthday and their office used to be across the alley. Moose's Tooth is the primary destination whenever I go home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Visiting kiddo!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Visiting the elderly
» visiting cleveland - milk to donate
» Need milk while we're visiting MS (Biloxi area) for 2 months

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: Life Events-
Jump to: