HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Just for fun

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 65
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Just for fun   Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Can modern day cars do this?

Enjoy-

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nq2jY1trxqg?rel=0


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Fr_Tom

avatar

Location : Diocese of Northern Indiana
Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun   Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:38 pm

The rollover was the best part...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
monbla256

avatar

Age : 71
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun   Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:48 pm

OH I'm sure all those Cadilac and Lexus SUV's can Twisted Evil  Why would one buy one if they couldn't do THAT Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cuervo25_1

avatar

Age : 43
Location : North New Jersey
Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun   Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:09 pm

My jeep can.....if I cut the hp, threw on narrower tires, lifted it a little, and was crazy enough to try it.... ok the last one I have covered lol.

Seriously though the narrow tires helped because it allowed the car to sink to hard ground, the low HP made it harder for the car to spin the tires thus making it less likely to get stuck, and the bottom of the car being so much higher than most modern cars allowed for more clearance to be able to do those things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cuervo25_1

avatar

Age : 43
Location : North New Jersey
Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun   Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:12 pm

monbla256 wrote:
OH I'm sure all those Cadilac and Lexus SUV's can Twisted Evil  Why would one buy one if they couldn't do THAT  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Actually I seen an article where they took a lexus RX series offroad and it done really well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

avatar

Age : 71
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun   Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:23 pm

Cuervo25_1 wrote:
monbla256 wrote:
OH I'm sure all those Cadilac and Lexus SUV's can Twisted Evil  Why would one buy one if they couldn't do THAT  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Actually I seen an article where they took a lexus RX series offroad and it done really well!
Mabe, but I'd Take your Jeep or a Land Rover ( Defender model ) over the Lexus Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun   Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:55 am

I doubt very few cars and your so called ATV's, SUV's or what ever there calling them nowadays can. Although it has a lot to do with the driver. Most people have never driven in conditions like that and haven't a clue and, even some that have seem to be lacking the intelligence from time to time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
AJ

avatar

Age : 69
Location : East of the Rocky Mountains
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun   Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:51 am

Probably not a road like that within a thousand miles of where I live. But it would be fun to go on a road like that in an old open top jeep. I'm sure it would need a winch just in case... Smile 

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Max

avatar

Location : Earth - mostly
Registration date : 2010-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun   Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

That looked like an advertisement for a ...... something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cuervo25_1

avatar

Age : 43
Location : North New Jersey
Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun   Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:41 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
I doubt very few cars and your so called ATV's, SUV's or what ever there calling them nowadays can. Although it has a lot to do with the driver. Most people have never driven in conditions like that and haven't a clue and, even some that have seem to be lacking the intelligence from time to time.  

I worked contruction sites like that where we was blasting granite and digging in to set 20" sewer pipe. Let me tell you I will take that stuff over Va Clay anyday! Then Again I use to play in that stuff every saturday and spend all day sunday cleaning the truck lol.

Like you said though it came with experiance, the driver, the truck and the sense to have recovery equipment and several friends and their trucks with me. I may be crazy but sure aint stupid! lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun   Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:48 pm

Cuervo25_1 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
I doubt very few cars and your so called ATV's, SUV's or what ever there calling them nowadays can. Although it has a lot to do with the driver. Most people have never driven in conditions like that and haven't a clue and, even some that have seem to be lacking the intelligence from time to time.  
I worked contruction sites like that where we was blasting granite and digging in to set 20" sewer pipe. Let me tell you I will take that stuff over Va Clay anyday! Then Again I use to play in that stuff every saturday and spend all day sunday cleaning the truck lol.

Like you said though it came with experiance, the driver, the truck and the sense to have recovery equipment and several friends and their trucks with me. I may be crazy but sure aint stupid! lol
Can't be any worse then Texas red clay. Stuff would suck knee high boots off. We had to keep our foot on the accelerator or it would just suck the dadburn truck in right up the floorboard. I remember one time getting the company truck stuck in it on a job site and having to wait till it started drying up to get it out. Yeah! The good ole days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 65
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun   Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:37 pm

Cuervo25_1 wrote:
My jeep can.....if I cut the hp, threw on narrower tires, lifted it a little, and was crazy enough to try it.... ok the last one I have covered lol.

Seriously though the narrow tires helped because it allowed the car to sink to hard ground, the low HP made it harder for the car to spin the tires thus making it less likely to get stuck, and the bottom of the car being so much higher than most modern cars allowed for more clearance to be able to do those things.
I'm thinking this is the best assessment. That, and the gearing is probably much lower than modern cars. Plus, the drivers of that day and age were probably more used to less than perfect conditions!


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
 
Just for fun
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: