HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Heading to a clergy retreat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eric

Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Heading to a clergy retreat   Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
Briarbabe wrote:

Glad the socks are going along.
The socks have been very nice, and they are perfect for that meer that did not come with a case and for packing pipes when you are heading somewhere. Historically, I have put all the smoking gear in a ziplock freezer baggie and packed it with everything else in a suitcase. To keep the pipes from getting scarred up from rubbing on a pipe nail or tin of ODF while in transit, I have wrapped them in folded paper towels and secured the paper towels with a rubber band. This is not especially elegant, but it has always worked well. The pipe socks are a huge improvement on the former system, add a touch of class, etc.
Funny that I should read a man of the cloth talking about how to "tote pipes" today, as just today I've discovered a great use for any unused Bible covers - you know the kind that zipper around a Bible and have a handle?  I packed 4 GLP tins in a no-longer-used-one this morning along with my pipe in its own tote (holding a pipe, lighter and pipe cleaners).  Held everything nicely and allowed me a good selection from which to choose for my lunch smoke, whilst reading my Bible in the newer Bible cover Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Heading to a clergy retreat   Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Oddly, I have never used one of those Bible covers. I have Bibles in the car, by my chair, on my desk, etc. When I travel, I put one of them in a ziplock freezer bag in the luggage along with my prayer book. This keeps them protected, and they don't come open and crumple pages.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371

Heading to a clergy retreat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2