HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

GOT A LITTLE TICKER IN THE MAIL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: GOT A LITTLE TICKER IN THE MAIL   Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:23 pm

No! not a heart, a little bomb from Paul (Wellpipe) in the form of 1-1/2 oz. or more of Esoterica Pembrook. He had contacted me earlier asking for my address stating that he was sending it to me and I was a bit puzzled and surprised why but, at the same time very happy that he would pick me. Now, just maybe when he was giving all that tobacco away I had asked for a sample but, my memory tells me that all had been spoken for. Although being that my memory is as long as a certain male extremity of mine it's also possible I forgot. Well, to make a long story even longer, I received it a few days ago and having had a little experience with Latakia blends stuffed some into a cob instead of one of my briars and went off to try it out. From the first draw I could tell this was going to be a good smoke and indeed it was. Hmm, a Latakia blend I like, stranger things have happen. Being Esoterica blends are hard to come by I doubt this will be a mainstay in my cellar but, I'll sure savor what I have for awhile. Thank you Paul for your kindness and generosity towards a ole grumpy sort as I.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: GOT A LITTLE TICKER IN THE MAIL   Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:58 am

Glad you liked it Ron. I've never had anything with Latakia that I could tolerate. I wish I could find some that I liked. I feel like I'm missing out on some great tobacco. Maybe Pembrook is the one. If I can find some I'll give it a try. Thanks for the heads up. Smile 

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: GOT A LITTLE TICKER IN THE MAIL   Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:26 am

It's not a blend I'd smoke everyday but, certainly something I'd smoke once out of ten bowls for a change. Tolerate is not a word I would use to describe it, I would just say it's a entirely different flavor yet being smooth, mild and maybe a bit complex. I see it as a good end of the day smoke and one I don't necessarily need a cup of coffee or anything else to drink with. Just a good change from the hum drum. Might I add, this is just my opinion of it and YMMV. If I didn't have it, I'd probably wouldn't miss it.
Back to top Go down
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: GOT A LITTLE TICKER IN THE MAIL   Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:31 am

WOW,
Ron has actually smoked something with Latakia!!!!
Before long I expect to see a post saying " I tried Penzance and it's great". LOL
AJ, Nice gesture to send Ron a Germain's blend to try. Their blends are usually in short supply and that speaks for itself. I'm no expert but Germain makes some of the finest blends ever and they age beautifully. There's a reason that the hard to get Smoker's Haven blends command such high prices when you can find them. They don't overpower a blend with Latakia, but marry it into a special recipe with ripe Virginias for a delightful treat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: GOT A LITTLE TICKER IN THE MAIL   Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:43 am

docwatson wrote:

AJ, Nice gesture to send Ron a Germain's blend to try.

I can't take credit for this. Sorry if I gave that impression. Smile 

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: GOT A LITTLE TICKER IN THE MAIL   Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:47 am

AJ,
Sorry for putting you on the spot. After reading the posts again I can see that (Wellpipe) was the contributor. Someone had to do it!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: GOT A LITTLE TICKER IN THE MAIL   Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:56 am

docwatson wrote:
WOW,
Ron has actually smoked something with Latakia!!!!
Before long I expect to see a post saying " I tried Penzance and it's great". LOL
AJ, Nice gesture to send Ron a Germain's blend to try. Their blends are usually in short supply and that speaks for itself. I'm no expert but Germain makes some of the finest blends ever and they age beautifully. There's a reason that the hard to get Smoker's Haven blends command such high prices when you can find them. They don't overpower a blend with Latakia, but marry it into a special recipe with ripe Virginias for a delightful treat.
Hey Doc, Next I'll be smoking Rope and liking it.
The Germain's Esoterica blends I've tried are something special to me, Dorchester for one.
So I'll have to certainly keep trying more of them as permitted, being these blends are hard to come by but, wanting something I can't have is no stranger to me.
Back to top Go down

GOT A LITTLE TICKER IN THE MAIL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1