HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Living sitiuation issues.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Living sitiuation issues.   Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:35 pm

Ya working on contacting legal help, going to get information from a friend that already moved out. Figured the would be obligated to tell me the lawyer because every time I have talked to them they have gone out of their way to tell me there was a civil suit already in place against them, even if I didn't inquire or seem upset.scratch 

My wife didn't want to use all our christmas money to move out this week so she wants to wait after the new year. Moving sucks sooooooo much ANUS. 5)  I'd rather torture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
i.keenum

PostSubject: Re: Living sitiuation issues.   Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:00 pm

So I moved out. With enough pressure they gave us december rent free; i used they extra money to get a new place about two miles down the road. Attempted to work out with them that I wanted to leave about a week before christmas, but the lady they had in the office stated she couldn't talk to me about it "I'd have to talk to a manager" but the manager wouldn't be back till the 2nd. I told I her I wanted to be out before the next month and needed to talk to a manager. They pretty much told me too bad I couldn't leave and had to wait till a manager got back from vacation. Refused to give me cell # or email address of manager. Well I called a lawyer and he stated they had broken their lease several different ways and that since they broke the lease I could leave at any time without notice. I didn't pay a deposit so didn't have to worry about getting that back. Moved out weekend after christmas, dropped the keys in their box and told them I was gone (they didn't even argue , just said ok).

Payed $1500 plus out of pocket for all the deposits (rent, electric, water, ect..) , but I am in a much better place now. Just written it all off as a loss at this point.

Sorry for all the bitchin brothers, thanks for yalls support.

Ian Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Living sitiuation issues.   Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:12 pm

i.keenum wrote:
So I moved out. With enough pressure they gave us december rent free; i used they extra money to get a new place about two miles down the road. Attempted to work out with them that I wanted to leave about a week before christmas, but the lady they had in the office stated she couldn't talk to me about it "I'd have to talk to a manager" but the manager wouldn't be back till the 2nd. I told I her I wanted to be out before the next month and needed to talk to a manager. They pretty much told me too bad I couldn't leave and had to wait till a manager got back from vacation. Refused to give me cell # or email address of manager. Well I called a lawyer and he stated they had broken their lease several different ways and that since they broke the lease I could leave at any time without notice. I didn't pay a deposit so didn't have to worry about getting that back. Moved out weekend after christmas, dropped the keys in their box and told them I was gone (they didn't even argue , just said ok).

Payed $1500 plus out of pocket for all the deposits (rent, electric, water, ect..) , but I am in a much better place now. Just written it all off as a loss at this point.

Sorry for all the bitchin brothers, thanks for yalls support.

Ian Very Happy 

Ian,

You make me proud to know you as member of this forum. I'm ecstatic that you moved out from the old place. It riles me when a company steps all over the little man thinking nothing will be done about it all in the name of greed. The money paid for the new place isn't a loss, it's an investment in providing a better home and environment for you and your family to live in. Congratulations on finding the better home. cheers  

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

PostSubject: Re: Living sitiuation issues.   Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:33 pm

Ya its a much better place. Paying the same for a duplex with wood floors and washer and dryer hook up. I need to report them to some kind of authority, not a necessarily a lawyer but like a government agency. I have a high school friend who has had a leak in the ceiling for about six months that he reports weekly but they have yet to fix. It's to the point to point to where a six foot wide section of his ceiling is sagging and black. He has to put about six pots in his room every time it rains. To top it off he still is paying full rent. He is getting out next week. Another friend living there is leaving next month or so.
Back to top Go down
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Living sitiuation issues.   Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:37 pm

Congratulations sir, I think you did the right thing. And don't worry about your bitching, you got good reason and I for one don't see it as whining. You needed help and asked and got some good advice that worked well for you. I'm glad you got your family out there and into better accommodations that hopefully you'll be able to make a home out of. May your New Year be happy and prosperous.  cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Living sitiuation issues.   Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:34 pm

Onward and upward!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
mejoshee

Registration date : 2013-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Living sitiuation issues.   Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:17 pm

Sounds like a lot of drama that we just don't need any more of in our lives. Glad to see it got resolved eventually. Good luck with your new place (seems a boatload better though) and Happy New Year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Living sitiuation issues.   Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:52 pm

Congrats on your move. Nothing worse for a responsible tenant than a deadbeat landlord. I know I have had a few.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

Living sitiuation issues.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2