HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

New Members

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: New Members   Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:42 pm

Holy Smokes, we have a lot of new members all of a sudden.
I'm gettin' tired of typin' "Welcome to BoB."  Wink 
Seriously, I'm on a bunch of forums and BoB is the friendliest.

Welcome again, all you new fellers.  cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:27 pm

I was afk for about 8 hours or so with work, and we seem to have picked up about a dozen today. I am happy to see them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
rmason

Registration date : 2013-11-20

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Being new here I hope I am not butting into this conversation, but most, if not all are from PM forum (I suspect you could have guessed it) there was a lovely fallout when a great member got banned.
~Ron
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:39 pm

rmason wrote:
Being new here I hope I am not butting into this conversation, but most, if not all are from PM forum (I suspect you could have guessed it) there was a lovely fallout when a great member got banned.
~Ron

What does PM stand for? I wasn't aware of that forum.
Ya gotta really eff up to get banned from here. Wink 
The moderators do a great job, but they have it easy.
For some reason, this forum just stays kinda civil all on its own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
rmason

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:42 pm

PM stands for Pipes Magazine, and only one person got banned, but it was for something very stupid, but the rest followed. I can't speak for the rest of my "refugee" friends, but after watching it unfold I decided I did not want to be a major contributor to a forum like that.
~Ron
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:45 pm

rmason wrote:
PM stands for Pipes Magazine, and only one person got banned, but it was for something very stupid, but the rest followed. I can't speak for the rest of my "refugee" friends, but after watching it unfold I decided I did not want to be a major contributor to a forum like that.
~Ron
Been there done that LOL!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Hermit

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:49 pm

rmason wrote:
~Ron

I think you'll like it here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:53 pm

We seem to be a reasonably pleasant bunch. I am glad to have you folks here.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
mejoshee

Registration date : 2013-05-31

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:02 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
We seem to be a reasonably pleasant bunch. I am glad to have you folks here.

Emphasis added Razz

Hope this makes a better, proper forum for the newcomers to snuggle into just in time for the holidays. I know it's been super welcoming to me, so please make yourself at home! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:02 pm

Let me give you new refugees one good piece of advice about that kind of situation and this forum. If you like to debate those kind of topics, join the Asylum (affectionately known as the Rubber Room, bottom sub forum on the list). If you don't like those sort of topics, do not sign up for the Asylum. If we get a topic pop up that we think might be too political or off color for the general population, we move it to the Asylum. But, there are still rules of decorum. Read em.

And welcome to BoB Smile 

rmason

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:16 pm

So Puff Daddy, on average, how long does it take to be accepted into the Rubber Room?
~Ron
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:43 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Let me give you new refugees one good piece of advice about that kind of situation and this forum. If you like to debate those kind of topics, join the Asylum (affectionately known as the Rubber Room, bottom sub forum on the list). If you don't like those sort of topics, do not sign up for the Asylum. If we get a topic pop up that we think might be too political or off color for the general population, we move it to the Asylum. But, there are still rules of decorum. Read em.

And welcome to BoB Smile 

Oh crap!  We gots rules?!?  lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Hermit

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:44 pm

rmason wrote:
So Puff Daddy, on average, how long does it take to be accepted into the Rubber Room?
~Ron

Aha...ready to start trouble, are ya? lol! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
cajun

Registration date : 2013-11-19

PostSubject: Thank You   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:48 pm

Hermit as a fellow Louisianaman, I believe you said you were from Acension Parish I thank you"all rolling out the welcome mat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:51 pm

rmason wrote:
~Ron
If you wish to have access to this area of the board you have to join the usergroup called "The Asylum". This area is less moderated and can contain material that some will find less than desirable. It is rarely pipe related and topics are considered by many to be controversial. Please do not join this area of the board if you are easily offended or wish to start problems with other members.

To join, click on the link above the forums labeled "Usergroups". On that page you will see "The Asylum" listed, click on that to request membership. Once approved you will have access to this area of the board. It shouldn't take too long. There is no requirement for membership here but understand you are entering at your own risk.

We have decided to close this area off to respect those members who wish to avoid it.

Hermit, yeah, I know, I had to hold back my own laughter when I said that Laughing We kinda have a few rules. Not sure where we put them.....

Hawker

Registration date : 2012-05-15

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:59 am

That explains all the new members. Thanks and if I missed welcoming any of the newbies here's a welcome to you all. Glad to have you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveS

Location : Where little cable cars climb halfway to the stars.

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:23 am

hermit wrote:

Ya gotta really eff up to get banned from here.
The moderators do a great job, but they have it easy.
For some reason, this forum just stays kinda civil all on its own.
As did the other ... the 'offense' was, in general, less offensive than one might imagine ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pepesdad1

Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: New Members   Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:23 am

Happy to see new members.  Please read the rules and the previous threads....then join in.  You will find the best of the best right here.  

Don't piss off the mods here, if that was an issue on the other sites, because we all have their backs....their good judgement is why this forum does so well...that and extraordinary people makes this forum THE place to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:50 pm

Hawker wrote:
That explains all the new members. Thanks and if I missed welcoming any of the newbies here's a welcome to you all. Glad to have you.
This^

Wasn't aware of the PM issue until just now. I signed up there a while back but rarely read the forums and have never posted. Guess I'm just happy enough being here!

In any case, welcome all the refugees from PM!

sunny 

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
longbottom

Registration date : 2013-04-25

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:00 pm

I have veen waiting a couple of days for asylum approval - and nothing.

I got banned for starting a post that they closed Roth's goodbye post! Instant banning! I feel like I am Amish with the shunning! That was all I did. and mentioned kevin's 1930's Black and white shoes as mentioned by a member previously.

Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveS

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:16 pm

longbottom wrote:
I got banned for starting a post that they closed Roth's goodbye post!
Like I said, a lot less offensive than one might imagine ... based on what I saw (and I think I saw most, if not all of it), those who felt bruised by the comments must be some pretty delicate hot-house flowers ... there just wasn't anything in public view that could be construed by most folks as ban-worthy.

I've been part of a number of forums and have witnessed the sort of (smack) talk that one might imagine could get a person banned ... but, bannings almost never occurred, even after some pretty cringe-inducing comments ... post deletions were about all that ever happened.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rothnh

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:20 pm

longbottom wrote:
I have veen waiting a couple of days for asylum approval - and nothing.

I got banned for starting a post that they closed Roth's goodbye post! Instant banning!  I feel like I am Amish with the shunning!  That was all I did.  and mentioned kevin's 1930's Black and white shoes as mentioned by a member previously.

Twisted Evil 
I see this as a new start, although I've actually been a member here almost as long as on the "other" pipe hobby site.

Personally, I don't think I did anything wrong over there, nor on this site, for that matter. And my many friends here, I believe, agree.

I do welcome all the new members who joined me here, and a big hello to all the other friends I have here already.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
longbottom

Registration date : 2013-04-25

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:22 pm

I have been a member here too but not very active.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveS

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:34 pm

rothnh wrote:
I don't think I did anything wrong over there ...
And my many friends here, I believe, agree.
Like I said, I think I saw all of it and nothing I saw could reasonably be construed as ban-worthy ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
05Venturer

Registration date : 2013-11-21

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:41 pm

Hello All, I am new here and wanted to say hi to everyone , been smoking a pipe for a bit over a year now. I mainly smoke MM Cobs but do have a few Briars that I smoke occasionally so thought I would check out the brotherhood. Looking forward to meeting a few more pipe smokers. 👍
Back to top Go down
View user profile

New Members
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next